A whiff of Sulphur. Home to Harrogate Town, Sat Dec 2nd 3'O clock. F. A. Cup.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A whiff of Sulphur. Home to Harrogate Town, Sat Dec 2nd 3'O clock. F. A. Cup.

Post by The_Gun » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:42 pm

I’d probably look to give CMG 20 mins at the end vs Harrogate and then start him on Tuesday. No need for anyone to start both games.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: A whiff of Sulphur. Home to Harrogate Town, Sat Dec 2nd 3'O clock. F. A. Cup.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:59 pm

All just so long as we don't get above ourselves and underestimate the opposition. Losing in the Cup could upset momentum and confidence for the League. Full bore for a win every game whoever we choose to get it. :box:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:13 pm

Is this available via ifollow or some such thing.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:45 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:13 pm
Is this available via ifollow or some such thing.
No, not permitted on ifollow.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:11 pm

Shame, the thought of freezing nads at 2nd Rd FA Cup match is not a very appealing one, right now!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:50 pm

Bit ridiculous that in this day and age that they can't even forsee an international appeal for things like this. Surely they must know the fans go on holiday.

If they're worried that it'll stop fans turning up to watch games then they should make the ticket prices cheaper than the online in order to get fans into the stadium.

Now there will be a whole host of fans not going due to the freezing temperatures. Certainly puts off a select few families who are concerned about having their kids sat in the cold for a good two and a half hours.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:58 pm

No Matheson. Injured.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:14 pm

No Jerome either.

Perhaps Evatt's looking at this as a potential banana skin like we had against Stockport.

Baxter
Jones, Santos, Forrester, Iredale Williams
CMG, Morley, Dempsey
Nlundulu, Bodvarsson

Bench: Coleman, Toal, Ashworth, JDC, Sheehan, Thomason, Maghoma, Adeboyejo, Charles.

Strong line up with a strong bench. I'd imagine it's a case of keeping the run of decent form going.

Still, if there was any game I would've thought Jerome would've been on the bench i'd've thought it would be this one.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Maybe we're starting to see Jerome fading from the first-team picture? I mean he might get minutes on Tuesday and perhaps when CMG is away but we now have a stong competitive squad.

I make it we have 21 senior pros (including Ashworth but excluding Matheson, whom Evatt has said is in a sort of halfway state between the Bs and firsts). So someone has to miss out on every matchday squad, even in the FA Cup with 9 subs. Jerome has now missed the cut twice (at Oxford the 7-man bench also didn't include Williams and Ashworth).

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:23 pm
Maybe we're starting to see Jerome fading from the first-team picture? I mean he might get minutes on Tuesday and perhaps when CMG is away but we now have a stong competitive squad.

I make it we have 21 senior pros (including Ashworth but excluding Matheson, whom Evatt has said is in a sort of halfway state between the Bs and firsts). So someone has to miss out on every matchday squad, even in the FA Cup with 9 subs. Jerome has now missed the cut twice (at Oxford the 7-man bench also didn't include Williams and Ashworth).
I think it's only right that Jerome's fading from the first team picture. I get the impression he was brought into help the other strikers in terms of coaching and provide cover whilst JDB was injured. Now JDB is back and the other strikers are firing it would make sense. However, I still have him as a first team player and these are exactly the sort of matches that I think he would be able to get plenty of time up front to be able to contribute from a goalscoring perspective.

Maybe Jerome is going to become part of the coaching setup as per Gilks' career path. Time will tell I guess.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:45 pm

Yeah, entirely possible, Mar. Jerome's playing contract is up in summer and he was brought in with coaching in mind, as well as being an elder statesman setting a good example off the field.

It is indeed a strong line-up today but that's also about the strength of the back-ups. Look at who's not starting and conduct a thought experiment of who would play Tuesday if Evatt made 11 changes (which he won't). That'd be our first-choice front two, our recent first-choice midfield trio, plus Dacres-Cogley who's currently a first-team cert and Toal who would surely be in most fans' first-choice XI.

I very much doubt he will go so 'first-choice' strong on Tuesday, which is why I expected a more mix-and-match XI today (and its mirror on Tuesday). Maybe he's going to give that midfield trio and front two another start on Tuesday (maybe adding Coleman, Ashworth and Matheson if fit) and manage the minutes ove the two games judiciously with substitutions.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:48 pm

I know its all eyes on the FA cup today. But there is a football game on in League One today. Northampton vs. Portsmouth.

So we could very well be dethroned from top spot today, come on Northampton I guess.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Well I've made an early brew on this very cold day so here's to the Whites doing a professional job.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:11 pm

1-0 JDB, assisted by sonic's kettle.

Hopefully another battering is on the cards. Fingers crossed.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:11 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:11 pm
1-0 JDB, assisted by sonic's kettle.

Hopefully another battering is on the cards. Fingers crossed.
Errr...........get in? :shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:16 pm

All very well but Pompey are winning at Northampton on the league so we're not top any more #EvattOut

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:28 pm

Jon Bod must mean business, he hasn't got his gloves on..? :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:28 pm
Jon Bod must mean business, he hasn't got his gloves on..? :lol:
He does, there goes number 2... :oyea: :oyea:

ae:) ae:)

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:40 pm

2-0 get in :pissed:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:41 pm

And down comes the white stuff. Didn't order that... :cry: