Who opened the door? My money is on Janus! 2024 January transfer thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Who opened the door? My money is on Janus! 2024 January transfer thread.

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:57 am

From reports he recently signed a new contract to 2025 so definately not on his way out.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:34 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:41 am
Mar wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am
sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:11 pm
Matheson has finally got his loan move. He's off to Ireland until the end of June. Hope he does well.
Seems like he's on his way out, although its early days and this may be a good way of getting him competitive game time.

Quite like the player, think he's been a good addition to the squad but that lack of height plus the notable step down in quality from JDC probably raises a few quality concerns.

Reminds me of a better version of Jak Hickman. Someone who looks a touch exciting, could end up being decent but just doesn't quite fit the requirement.
Definitely wouldn't say that. Noises from the club have been that they're impressed but he needs regular football to improve. A few months as a first teamer in Ireland should stand him in good stead.
Our aim is to get promoted. Should we get promoted and Matheson come back into contention do you think he'd be able to compete at Championship level if he is not yet able to compete at League One level?
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:57 am
From reports he recently signed a new contract to 2025 so definately not on his way out.
We've took a gamble on his development to help turn him into an asset. He's still young and learning his trade so we may just be trying to get extra cover in to cover our squad aswell as making him into a sellable asset. Signing a new contract doesn't necessarily suggest he'll be in our first team plans. Similarly for Carty. We're helping them develop, hoping it pays off but if it doesn't then we have an option to showcase to other clubs.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:42 pm

Dunno - from when I've seen him, I felt like he "had some promise" but also not ready for L1 first team week in, week out. Obviously that gap would increase should we end up above the dots. Good luck to the lad, anyhow.