Following our star Eastwards. Lincoln City away, Boxing Day 26th Dec 1500 hrs.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Following our star Eastwards. Lincoln City away, Boxing Day 26th Dec 1500 hrs.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:56 pm

Going to be a busy family Christmas so an early thread start in preparation..

Three Wise men we may not have, but we've got Admiral Evatt, who despite his knockers has got us in a healthy position. All that will be remembered of today is that we won and got three precious points. In resume, Orient, when they got going after our shell shock start played some decent football and our job was to keep the lead which we did. The rest is a bit immaterial and we'd happily have taken the result before the game. Now, Lincoln ten points behind us and a short couple of hours away are our next festive frolic. So when good King Evatt looks out on the feast of Steven it's the floodlights that will be shining bright and not the moon. Hop on the camels then and Eastwards we will go.. Vamanos.. :Jedi:

ae:) ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Following our star Eastwards. Lincoln City away, Boxing Day 26th Dec 1500 hrs.

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:59 pm

Hopefully Evatt is teaching Wins 101 at the University of Lincoln.

This will be my kid's first league away game. Not sure he can handle a loss in his first one.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Following our star Eastwards. Lincoln City away, Boxing Day 26th Dec 1500 hrs.

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:52 pm

My son believes that touching Nat Lofthouse's boot is lucky. He's trying to convince me to take a 2 hour detour on Boxing Day so he can make a pilgrimage to the statue, so we beat Lincoln.

If we lose, it's because I'm a bad dad. You can all blame me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 am

I’d pick…

Baxter
Jones Toal Santos Forrester Williams
Sheehan
Thomason Maghoma
Charles Victor

Need as many fresh legs as possible. Morley hasn’t shown enough to risk starting him and Sheehan had a week off prior to Saturday.

Lincoln had a day and a bit extra rest so physically I think fresh legs are important.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:56 am

Right, banish all non-football thoughts till after five-o'clock on this St Steven's day. Time to go to war.

A thousand years ago I saw my first Boxing day fixture at Burnden after busing to Weston Street and walking down the Manny Road. I was ten and off to see the great Nat Lofthouse...... Back to the main business. The Whites need to make the Lincoln's green (with envy) and sweep on before we meet the kipper boxers on Fleetwood docks come Friday. Today, we need to boss the game from the off and hopefully score early. Might not be classic, but if we come away with the points there'll be a lot of happy Wanderers. With a ground capacity of six and a half thousand, it should be a full house.

COME ON YOU WHITES...... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 am
I’d pick…

Baxter
Sheehan
Thomason Maghoma
Charles Victor

Need as many fresh legs as possible. Morley hasn’t shown enough to risk starting him and Sheehan had a week off prior to Saturday.

Lincoln had a day and a bit extra rest so physically I think fresh legs are important.
Is Santos available after the red card? Was it two yellows?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:37 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:13 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 am
I’d pick…

Baxter
Sheehan
Thomason Maghoma
Charles Victor

Is Santos available after the red card? Was it two yellows?
Santos is available due to the type of foul. As it wasn't violent conduct I think it's classified as a 1 match ban only. IIRC that is.

As for Lincoln, they've had extra time to prep for this. I'm a firm believer however that the team that comes out on top is the team that's been the most professional on Christmas day. Anyone having a few bevvies in their system will often find it tough going and unsettle any rhythm in the squad.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Baxter; JDC, Jones, Santos, Toal, Williams; Morley, Thomason, Maghoma; Charles, Vic

Substitutes: Ashworth, Iredale, Forrester, Dempsey, Sheehan, JDB, Jerome

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:17 pm

I would have kept Forrester in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:24 pm

Feels harsh on Forrester. Let’s hope we turn up and get at them from the off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Our best player from Saturday dropped. Feels a bit misguided.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:32 pm
Very likely seeing Fleetwood as a tougher game than this. Only three days away followed by Burton on Monday.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:32 pm
Why misguided? Thought Forrester was lucky in any case rather than being good....

Evatt out! Evatt out!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:49 pm

Couch is out and the fire is lit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:51 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:49 pm
Couch is out and the fire is lit.
God rest ye merry gentlemen.. :oyea:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:55 pm

A big opportunity for Morley.

I'm currently feeling more hopeful than confident in him making the most of his opportunity, but fingers crossed.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:02 pm

Struggling whether to plonk myself on the couch or not. Wembley aside I've not been a good luck charm when watching recently :(

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:02 pm

Forrester seemingly rotated rather than being dropped. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't taking part at some point in today's or the Fleetwood match.

Lets not be too shocked. There were issues with the squad in the build up to last match and this match, in terms of illness. Some with runny noses for example, possibly flu conditions so it may be a decision based around that rather than anything else.

In terms of who were playing today, Lincoln have ex-Wanderer Ethan Hamilton playing (and indeed Lukas Jensen). Google has it as a 4-3-3 for Lincoln with Hamilton wide right, but its google, so who knows what it actually is on the day. We all know how we'll be setup and how we'll play. Hopefully more of the dominant first half performance we saw last match rather than the latter half.

Feeling positive about this one, but that may be the jynx.
Last edited by Mar on Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:03 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:02 pm
Struggling whether to plonk myself on the couch or not. Wembley aside I've not been a good luck charm when watching recently :(
Do it, if you suffer through the bad days of Keith Hill and Anderson ownership then the least we can do is enjoy these good times :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:05 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:03 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:02 pm
Do it, if you suffer through the bad days of Keith Hill and Anderson ownership then the least we can do is enjoy these good times :D
Problem is when I watch it is usually a depressing loss :lol: