South to East (London, that is) Leyton Orient away Sat 20th Jan 3-0'clock..

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: South to East (London, that is) Leyton Orient away Sat 20th Jan 3-0'clock..

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:58 pm

As bad as when we lost 4-0 here. Tired or not they should hang their fecking heads in shame and how headless that second half was. Get some signings made.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:58 pm

This ref has been utter sh*te as well. Don't think we've been given a free kick in their half. Every 50-50 went their way in the opposition area.

Can't blame the ref though. All our own doing.

So incredibly poor.

Sure Charles and Vic weren't really at the races, but they looked far more likely to score than Jerome and Bodvarsson. Seemed like that was a decision made pre-match.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:59 pm

Very poor. But if you don't take at least one of the two gilt edge chances that fell to Dion, only got yourselves to blame.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Poorest game all season so far. Too many players off it.
Think Evatt made too much of the poor pitch and played long. Absolutely shite from the off.

Dion is costing us points however it's far less than he is getting us.
But for mental passing by Toal and Santos we would've fluked a point.

Onto the next one.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:01 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:58 pm
As bad as when we lost 4-0 here. Tired or not they should hang their fecking heads in shame and how headless that second half was. Get some signings made.
We struggled with simple passes today. Couldn't keep hold of the ball.

Impact of midweek I guess.
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:59 pm
Very poor. But if you don't take at least one of the two gilt edge chances that fell to Dion, only got yourselves to blame.
Indeed. Could've been a different game had we got some confidence from one of those.

Felt like the fans and the players all knew what was coming from the get-go.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:01 pm

There is no question that our squad is too light. We need quality in. Have done all month. It’s got to critical now/

If we want to go up we need some significant additions. Not one. But several.

And they need to be fit and ready. The summer window left us too light and that puts the pressure on now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:05 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:01 pm
Poorest game all season so far. Too many players off it.
Think Evatt made too much of the poor pitch and played long. Absolutely shite from the off.

Dion is costing us points however it's far less than he is getting us.
But for mental passing by Toal and Santos we would've fluked a point.

Onto the next one.
Yeah I'm not on an anti-Dion campaign, but I suspect he'll be gutted he's not 2 goals better off. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm

Maybe we should rephrase them as guilt-edged...

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm

So Santos is back to being a pub player. Vic presumably was a liability again. Squad isn't big enough. Players we do have aren't good enough. Our manager is crap. I suppose all we're missing to make BWFCi happy is being able to blame poor Dan....

But, as he also points out (regularly....), it's dead easy to fix - all we need to do is sign 6 or 7 first team quality players in the next 2 weeks who are better than the ones we already have, presumably with very little budget available. Simples.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Dions the reason we got nowt. But I’d of backed them to get what they needed against that shambles of a back line today. Toal in particular…absolute fecking disaster.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:12 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm
So Santos is back to being a pub player. Vic presumably was a liability again. Squad isn't big enough. Players we do have aren't good enough. Our manager is crap. I suppose all we're missing to make BWFCi happy is being able to blame poor Dan....

But, as he also points out (regularly....), it's dead easy to fix - all we need to do is sign 6 or 7 first team quality players in the next 2 weeks who are better than the ones we already have, presumably with very little budget available. Simples.....
I thought Vic was probably our stand-out, first half. Used his size pretty intelligently. Dan was crap. :-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:12 pm
dave the minion wrote:

I thought Vic was probably our stand-out, first half. Used his size pretty intelligently. Dan was crap. :-)
I hear he spent most of the game on his arse.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:14 pm

Playing the full side in the cup worked out well…..

The only thing that matters is promotion. Ultimately this season hinges entirely on that. Anything else is irrelevant.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:15 pm

If we stick to the match as the topic, I’ll be surprised if you get anyone on here supporting that shower Dave!

Are we suddenly rubbish? No.
Where we tired / could we have done without flogging ourselves on Tuesday? Yes.
Is that the reason we couldn’t pass wind, let alone a football today? No! The amount of possession we squandered by passing out of touch had to be in double figures…

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:14 pm
Playing the full side in the cup worked out well…..

The only thing that matters is promotion. Ultimately this season hinges entirely on that. Anything else is irrelevant.
If the only thing that matters is promotion, then there ain't much to discuss until it's settled.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm

dave the minion wrote:

I'm not commenting on the football or results, Evatt or the individual displays until the end of the season, I'm only posting in response to super loyal Dave's budget comment above.

We should have plenty of money in reserve for 2 or 3 decent signings in January as they must still have plenty (and I mean plenty) of the fans bond money left - what was it £4.5M, where has that gone ? unless Hart has blown it all on the additional fancy totally un necessary mid level electronic perimeter advertising.

I would really appreciate someone with any inside knowledge, listing what the £4.5M has been spent on.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:25 pm

Well no one had any inside knowledge last time you asked about the £4.5m, Bertie, so I'm not any more hopeful this go! :-)

Hart did recently say they're looking at upgrading the sound system, so you'll be able to hear The Wanderer better as the pre-match walk on. Yay.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:26 pm

Marc Iles has made a negative tweet. How can this be?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:35 pm

I doubt anyone's going to contend that was anything other than a poor performance. I've yet to see anyone suggest otherwise...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:40 pm

That entire performance looked like the 20 minutes we played against Cheltenham before the emergency called the game off.

We've put in a few like that this season. We've got away with some, but usually we get binned - Carlisle at home springs to mind.

You win a championship based on your average, not just your peaks or troughs taken as individual games.

Many more of those and we'll be adrift, though.

We have seen we can lose to Cheltenham at home, because we looked like we were going to. We know Carlisle can beat us.

If we put in performances like that on Tuesday and Saturday we will lose those football matches. Let's see what happens. Last time we went 7 unbeaten, but this looks different to my eye. Getting a couple of bodies in would probably add that zip to training that'd carry us out of the malaise.