Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:02 pm
Can’t remember that ever happening before - first touch, first goal for us!
Was it his first touch? Thought he was involved down the left, prior? Wouldn't put a lit if money on it though!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:12 pm

Comfortable. And special shout out for Ashworth who I didn’t rate much but today with his place under threat really stood up and looked the part.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 am
We'll shit em.

COYWM!!!!
You're welcome, wobbling panic fannies.

I know a broken clock is correct twice in a day but COYWM!!!!.

:pissed: :lol:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:13 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm

I wasn't getting off that couch to comment till it was done. 4-1 sounds dominant, but it was deserved. Carlisle weren't so hot, but they didn't lie down all game. All in all, great win. Love the look of the new lad, but Sheehan was M.O.T.M for me. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: Thanks for the Couch again D.J.B.

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:10 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:02 pm
Can’t remember that ever happening before - first touch, first goal for us!
Was it his first touch? Thought he was involved down the left, prior? Wouldn't put a lit if money on it though!
I had t even realised he had come on! Let alone touch it before then…

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:12 pm
Comfortable. And special shout out for Ashworth who I didn’t rate much but today with his place under threat really stood up and looked the part.
Agree he was goid today. I generally give him a bit of leeway as he's still in shorts. He has more goals than three of our forwards :-)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:29 pm

What a great game that was.

We had a lull in the second half, but this time we stepped it back up and took control.

Oggy and CMG are players who can genuinely change the game off the bench.

Looked like Jon's goal should have stood, but those watching the stream may know better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:38 pm

I think Charles needs a boost by scoring. He works so hard but just isn't getting his rewards. I'm a Bod admirer, but he's looking just a bit frail right now. He too needs a couple of goals.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Couldn’t see anything wrong with JDBs goal - Derek guessed out of touch but I didn’t think so, albeit was partially obscured. We might have called it at 3 at that point though.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm
Couldn’t see anything wrong with JDBs goal - Derek guessed out of touch but I didn’t think so, albeit was partially obscured. We might have called it at 3 at that point though.
They gave it offside (against Dempsey). He looked well on.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:48 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm
They gave it offside (against Dempsey). He looked well on.
They did, and he did on stream look well on.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 pm
That linesman was utter dross all game.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:08 pm

Switched on for the last 20 seeing they'd pulled one back and expected the Alamo. Can't comment on the rest of the game obvs but we managed that superbly well. Couldn't scored another 2 or 3 to the two we did. And Cam and Bod were excellent in that spell.

I think that's part of the problem in that they're both superb if we're already up. Give them time and Bod's touch and hold up is superb and Jerome runs the channels and works so hard. Still not convinced they're the answer when we need a goal, mind.

Ogbeta looked like a Rolls Royce in that cameo (obvs a goal helps, but I too think he'd touched it prior I'm afraid), and CMG looked fit and sharp.

Anyway, v good day, a few late goals elsewhere preventing it being close to perfect.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Ogbeta potentially could be a Fossey like. Pace and power and looks like he’s delighted to be here. Could see a big impact in time.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:14 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 pm
That linesman was utter dross all game.
I don't think he looked down the line as their CB was playing everyone south of Preston onside.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:07 pm

I like that performance a lot. Scintillating first half, defended reasonably well and in hindsight even conceding was a nice suspense move before scoring two late on. Coulda scored 6 or 8. Bet it was a great away day.

Ogbeta - hello son. I do like a player who celebrates with the fans and like BWFCi I have high hopes… I reckon he fancies it you know.

But yes, huge credit to Ashworth who has given Evatt a selection headache - or rather eased a worry that he might have to rush Ogbeta in. Interesting to see who plays in the cup at Blackpool.

Demps and Maghoma as marauding 8s are great targets for Sheehan to find and oh what a ping for Ashworth’s goal.

Sub-optimal that Pompey got a late winner and Derby turned it round (Cheltenham again!!) but at least Posh dropped points, with their final whistle coming just as their old boy Ogbeta sealed what must look an impressive win.

True, it’s only Carlisle. But all we can do is keep winning and it’s in our hands; if a rival drops points every weekend it helps a lot.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm
I wasn't getting off that couch to comment till it was done. 4-1 sounds dominant, but it was deserved. Carlisle weren't so hot, but they didn't lie down all game. All in all, great win. Love the look of the new lad, but Sheehan was M.O.T.M for me. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: Thanks for the Couch again D.J.B.

ae:) ae:)
Yes, big thanks for the couch (I'm a relative newcomer to the couch this season, but boy is it comfy...)

Particularly like the little "The Wanderer" sticker on the bottom right of the window. Nice touch...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:11 pm

Ashworths started 4 games for us? He’s also here with a view to be signed - young lad - he’s put two decent games in… I wouldn’t write him off.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:14 pm