Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:24 am

I'm setting off for Carlisle in about 6 hours and there's no match thread, which won't do at all.

This'll be a tough one against a fresh, reinforced side that has already beaten us this season.

It's one last push before, if the rumour mill is correct, we see the cavalry arrive in the form of signings.

With the addition of our old friend Josh Vela, Carlisle boast one of the most combative midfields in the division.

The cliches are there to be had. Time to roll up our sleeves, win our individual battles and bleed for the shirt.

Up the relegation-fodder smashing Whites! Get into 'em! etc

Sonic, make sure that :kettle: has a new fuse. We may need the assist.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:11 am

Yeah a game where if we match their physical effort and desire we win.

But we must do the first bit - which is the basics right.

It’s not a day for fancy stuff.

Win individual battles and hopefully Charles does his thing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Backs to Hadrian's Wall...Down to Bare Bones Away at Carlisle - Sat, 27th Jan. 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:17 am

Sorry for the inaention; my pc had a hissy fit (Microsoft bulldozing it's way over everything) and I had to do a complete recovery job that cost me a day. Still trying to get everything back; chalk and slate man me. :wink:

Anyway, Ghost has got us under way, so here's hoping our lads are fit and strong enough to repel Picts, Scots or anybody else as we sally forth to where they still think Mel Gibson was a Scottish hero. . On with it... COME ON YOU WHITES .. :Jedi: :Jedi:

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:23 am

The slightly alternative view. They've won 4. Not beaten anyone above 15th* (apart from us), Port Vale, Burton, Shrewsbury and us. It's a must win, stop fcuking about already. We should put these men to the sword with our U12's. (Just thought I'd set us off on the right foot) :-)

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:44 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:24 am
I'm setting off for Carlisle in about 6 hours and there's no match thread, which won't do at all.

This'll be a tough one against a fresh, reinforced side that has already beaten us this season.

It's one last push before, if the rumour mill is correct, we see the cavalry arrive in the form of signings.

With the addition of our old friend Josh Vela, Carlisle boast one of the most combative midfields in the division.

The cliches are there to be had. Time to roll up our sleeves, win our individual battles and bleed for the shirt.

Up the relegation-fodder smashing Whites! Get into 'em! etc

Sonic, make sure that :kettle: has a new fuse. We may need the assist.
Right you are squire!
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:23 am
The slightly alternative view. They've won 4. Not beaten anyone above 15th* (apart from us), Port Vale, Burton, Shrewsbury and us. It's a must win, stop fcuking about already. We should put these men to the sword with our U12's. (Just thought I'd set us off on the right foot) :-)
We should win.

However, they've not played since the 16th and have reinforced well. We're on Sat-Tues out the arse and are just about fielding an 11.

First game of the season with everyone fit you expect 3 points. Tomorrow I'm still expecting to get the result we need, but it'll be a lift for the group and they will need that away backing.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:09 am

We sure as feck won’t win if we play like we did the last two games. I’m generally optimistic when it comes to Bolton, but I really struggle to envision us getting three points tomorrow.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 am

Feck it/them. Worthy has the attitude :oyea:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:49 am

Will be interesting to see how Moxon - if he is indeed an actual/rumoured/confirmed target of ours?

A Carlisle-supporting good friend of mine has a fairly dim view of him this season: thinks he's been found out at league 1 level and has been under-par and generally disappointing, as well as messing the club around over his contract. He'd happily cash in on him but genuinely believes he's nowhere near the quality we are looking for....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:17 pm

Well, the new Nat's on the team bus for Carlisle, so that's bonus news. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:12 am

Dempsey too, back in his home county.

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:35 am

Due a performance from three-chance Charles. Vic has grown into quite the player the past few weeks; I’d love for them both to get on the scoresheet.

I don’t want to see a Vela x Paris sandwich today. Paris has been getting caught on the ball and, given the chance, our yon lad, I’m sure, would love to transfer a tattoo of indignation to his shins.

Baxter has stated, “we must adapt to the conditions,” which probably means shift it out to Toal, hit it long and lose it.

Play with confidence, get Sheehan on the ball, Demps in the pockets, Morley at the edge of the box, and get that statement win.

0-0 dour draw.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am

Hoping he keeps Maghoma in there. He’s on an iffy run of form but he’s got the quality to make a difference against crap determined opposition. I think Ashworth will start with new man on the bench…

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 am

We'll shit em.

COYWM!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am
Hoping he keeps Maghoma in there. He’s on an iffy run of form but he’s got the quality to make a difference against crap determined opposition. I think Ashworth will start with new man on the bench…
He's a strange one, is Paris. Pretty much every game he does one or two things where you sorta mutter "class" but recent games have also left me wondering where he's been for the previous 15 minutes. It was probably November when I was thinking "first name on the MF selection committee" which is 2 months back. He's certainly got "something" feels like he just needs it more consistently.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:34 pm

With Thomason suspended it’s hard to imagine Maghoma dropped, unless Morley has rocketed back into fashion. Doesn’t feel like a game for CMG to start as an 8.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:08 pm

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:18 pm

Ogbeta and CMG on the bench. Two new signings :D

Being slightly less facetious, considering the amount of unavailable players that's quite a strong bench.
Last edited by jmjhb on Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:45 pm

The couch is out in all its glory!

Enjoy the view through the window.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:51 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:45 pm
The couch is out in all its glory!

Enjoy the view through the window.
It's a lovely view. Dunno how it manages but it seems like a different place, dependent on the way the sun shines.