Pied and Prejudice, Wigan (A) 27/02/04.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Pied and Prejudice, Wigan (A) 27/02/04.

Post by HMX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:11 pm

I’m sick of constantly being done by local rivals. I better go to bed. If I can sleep on the rage.

Thanks for the space on the couch, Blu.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:11 pm

And to be clear, that wasn't a 'bottle job'. Wigan didn't out work us, out fight us or whatever, they just sat in and we weren't smart enough to break them down. Tactically very, very poor.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:11 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:07 pm
They had to make up for the reverse fixture, they haven’t, they can all feck off for me. Sell the lot of them.
Brilliant!!
We’ve lost 5-0 on aggregate to that shower who were out of business in July! It’s a joke. We’ve got a load of bottlejobs and a manager with no plan B.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:10 pm
Avoided it until 9.45 thinking it would be nearly over, had no idea of the delayed KO.

Don't know the ins and outs of tonight but absolutely no surprise that we've lost.
We had the lion's share of possession, did nothing with it, and they took practically their only opportunity.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:13 pm

The f*cking naivety of it all.

Unless there's a serious change in approach, we aren't going up.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:07 pm
They had to make up for the reverse fixture, they haven’t, they can all feck off for me. Sell the lot of them.
Pretty much where i'm at.

Definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Dominated the match in pretty much all the stats barring the one that actually fkin matters.

Why have we got Toal and Santos challenging for the same spot on corners? Clear free header had they not challenged each other.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:16 pm

We try and turn scoring a goal into a fecking art form but just look like a set of dickheads doing the same wanky passes over and over. It’s fecking terrible. Barnsley will piss second place, we’ll get beat by Stevenage in the play offs.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:16 pm

Per the post of BWFC_Insane in another thread, tonight felt like a pivotal moment under Evatt and we've failed.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 pm

Pretty pissed off at the tactical naivety of it all.

We've got one way of playing, they knew exactly how to cut out our attack and just let us have possession.

There is nothing there to actually make the opposition question where they are or what they're doing. Park the bus, block the shot and break quickly. Our players know our plan A that well that it shouldn't need much tweaking. The opposition know our plan A that well that they don't really need to worry about what we may do.

It's forgivable if it happens once or twice, but we've just let Wigan make a laughing stock of us again.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Evatt will get the season, but if I’m his boss I’m asking why we have so many off days against shite teams when we have spent more money than most - and what is he going to do differently next season - if it’s still Plan A but better I would be thinking about my next manager.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Bottle jobs strike again. These players don’t deserve to be at Bolton Wanderers. I can’t think of a worse set in terms of character and heart. Not one.

No bottle. No spirit. It’s lazy football with no energy or punch.

If we don’t go up I’m deadly serious that bar a few I’d get rid of most and Evatt. I’ve had enough.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:19 pm

Wonderful. We don't lose because they score a goal but because we can't. Their goalie was M.O.T.M.
I wish you good night. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:19 pm
Wonderful. We don't lose because they score a goal but because we can't. Their goalie was M.O.T.M.
Their keeper made one save all night. He had one of the easiest nights of his career.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:19 pm
Their keeper made one save all night. He had one of the easiest nights of his career.
Seemed like a very quiet night for their keeper given the amount of the ball we had.

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm

We banked on the delivery from the wide men for 90 minutes and it never arrived. Utter stupidity. New men are nowhere near up to scratch at the moment. Collins had a real shocker in all honesty. Almost every single pass misplaced. Stunk up the place.

Sheehan gave it away for the break which led to their goal, then didn’t track Humphrys. Suppose that’s the problem with his being a 6. We rely on him to unlock the low block, then he’s shagged when he has to defend the break.

Laughed when commentator described Bod, Jerome, and Collins as “serious strikepower”. 2x BWFC league goals between them.

They’ve found two discrete ways to exploit our weaknesses and we’ve offered nowt in responses.

Furious.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 pm

Oh and the system isn’t working. It’s failed. Crisis and Evatt has to respond and change it. Or he will have utterly failed.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm

All they had to do at the back was stop the low cross - our balls in were terrible. It was routine for their defence. Ogbeta had his man beat every time, poor delivery. Cogley and Jones were the biggest disappointment going forward - no right wing back on the bench to change that at 1-0 down. Midfielders were all fine, defenders fine if not a bit fecking slow when we went behind. The 3 centre halves and midfield 3 generally won their duels and gave a platform to play. Forwards however were really poor - Victor couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Collins looks a real waste of money, Bodvarson and Jerome did nothing. Actually hoping Nlundilu might be fit soon which is how bad it is. Their movement was as bad as the crossing was poor - no runs in behind, no hanging back to beat the centre half for a low ball in. If we’d have got a penalty we wouldn’t of put it on target tonight so low was our desire to score.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:29 pm

BorsdaneWhite wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm
We banked on the delivery from the wide men for 90 minutes and it never arrived. Utter stupidity. New men are nowhere near up to scratch at the moment. Collins had a real shocker in all honesty. Almost every single pass misplaced. Stunk up the place.

Sheehan gave it away for the break which led to their goal, then didn’t track Humphrys. Suppose that’s the problem with his being a 6. We rely on him to unlock the low block, then he’s shagged when he has to defend the break.

Laughed when commentator described Bod, Jerome, and Collins as “serious strikepower”. 2x BWFC league goals between them.

They’ve found two discrete ways to exploit our weaknesses and we’ve offered nowt in responses.

Furious.
Not so sure about Sheehan and Humphry's but I did see Geth make a strange movement when defending the ball through to Humphrys. Either way, losing's a team effort and there was enough out there to rile us up even if we got a draw.

Biggest disappointment for me tonight were the strikers. Vic and Collins were especially awful, Bodvarsson didn't manage to get the ball from what I could tell. Jerome put in a shift but it came across as a headless chicken, I do think his pace helped worry the opposition somewhat into making mistakes but didnt see the ball enough to actually do anything with it. Goes to show how poor we were up top when the eldest player on the pitch is looking like Usain Bolt.

CMG was the only bright spark initially but that turned to shit with his injury. Best of luck fella.

Worrying times ahead.

We really need to take it out on Cambridge.
Last edited by Mar on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 pm

We lost their man for the goal - I thought it was either Cogley or jones not Sheehan, but you know what - that’s league one football. Mistakes are made. We lost (failed to win!) cos we didn’t score or even come close to scoring… honestly it’s fecking grim.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 pm
Oh and the system isn’t working. It’s failed. Crisis and Evatt has to respond and change it. Or he will have utterly failed.
Our whole philosophy is working it out wide to the wing-backs so they can put in low crosses from the byline into a penalty area packed full of opposition players.

It's no wonder we aren't scoring.