This Exe is on fire: Exeter (A) Sat 9 Mar, 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wha' gwan?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Wanderers win by 2+
33%
Wanderers win by 1
42%
Draw
25%
Wanderers lose by 1
No votes
Wanderers lovse by 2+
No votes

Total votes: 12

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: This Exe is on fire: Exeter (A) Sat 9 Mar, 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm

Not good enough. Not nearly good enough.

Perhaps you know it’s better for players to get their heads down ignore the criticism (which is deserved in many cases) and prove people wrong by getting this club promoted. Not ballooning on social media in the midst of a run where we’ve just managed 2 points from our last 4 aways and have something like 3 wins in 10.

The Barnsley result should have been a catalyst instead we’ve shown the same brittle side we were before.

The defence isn’t doing its job. But it’s more than that. You have to do more first half when we have so much territorial possession. We are asking sides to punch us on the nose and they are doing.

Evatt will have to lose the naivety. Getting out of this league needs a lot more than pretty football. We need leaders and more battle and fight and I think an ability to go toe to toe when a team presses us. We can’t do those things and haven’t all season. Right from the start there is a profile of game we will do well in. And a profile of game we struggle in. It’s got worse in the run in as deficiencies often do.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:14 pm

Eeh, it's tight innit?
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.14.01.png
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.14.01.png (55.54 KiB) Viewed 528 times

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:16 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:14 pm
Eeh, it's tight innit?
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.14.01.png
Yeah but we will be four off by this time next week. At least.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:20 pm

We are on the ropes at this point. Fully expecting a knockout blow by Derby next week.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:20 pm

So when are Dion and Baxter back, because all I see is us dominating teams game after game needing 18 chances to score then conceding from a nothing chance. Same pattern almost every week, absolutely hate it. How? How? Is that second half possible, even the away commentators said the first half was like watching an FA cup match between to teams in different leagues, then 10s in to the second half, complete meltdown. WTAF! I'm going to have a fecking stroke watching Bolton this season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:23 pm

Sloppy defending. 7 goals across 3 games and you get 3-3, 2-2 and 2-2. That's just very poor.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:43 pm
I think singling out individuals isn’t worth it.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm
Not ballooning on social media in the midst of a run where we’ve just managed 2 points from our last 4 aways and have something like 3 wins in 10.
Maghoma? Or a group?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:30 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:43 pm
I think singling out individuals isn’t worth it.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm
Not ballooning on social media in the midst of a run where we’ve just managed 2 points from our last 4 aways and have something like 3 wins in 10.
Maghoma? Or a group?
I’m not signing Maghoma out they just as a group need to be heads down and accept the criticism. If they want to prove people wrong then do so by winning promotion then have the dig.

Evatt needs to stop moaning about criticism and deliver.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:16 pm
Eeh, it's tight innit?
I seem to recall Dibs saying Barnsley would be above us by Tuesday. And as noted, you're a pessimist.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm

It's not this result in isolation. I make it 14 points from the last 10. Really are in last chance saloon territory right now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:16 pm
Eeh, it's tight innit?
I seem to recall Dibs saying Barnsley would be above us by Tuesday. And as noted, you're a pessimist.
6 wins in 17 games since Jan 1st. 25 goals in 17 games and 7 of those against Accy in bobbins cup and Carlisle away).

Stolen from Twitter but the run we see on is way way off necessary. We’ve lost at Blackpool, Wigan, drawn with Barnsley and drawn with Charlton and Exeter. I was optimistic today after the Barnsley come back I thought it would be the turning point.

But you need more than optimism I think to suggest we are going to win the next two. There is no logical evidence to suggest we are capable as it stands.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:55 pm

Victor has a hamstring issue and Dion has had another setback according to Evatt. Something not right with Charles. I’m betting he needs an op.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:59 pm

It's the inability to play for more than half a game for me, it happens almost every game - we just can't play for 90 mins. Current form is horrendous, and the same defensive mistakes happen game after game.

I'd love to know what Evatt's half time team talks are like because in a lot of games we start the 2nd half of games so lethargic & slow, it's a recurring theme - the team never come out fired up at the start of the 2nd half. IMO and my opinion only this team don't have the bollocks individually to get top 2.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:09 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:59 pm
It's the inability to play for more than half a game for me, it happens almost every game - we just can't play for 90 mins. Current form is horrendous, and the same defensive mistakes happen game after game.

I'd love to know what Evatt's half time team talks are like because in a lot of games we start the 2nd half of games so lethargic & slow, it's a recurring theme - the team never come out fired up at the start of the 2nd half. IMO and my opinion only this team don't have the bollocks individually to get top 2.
The fact that in six of our last 10 league games we've come from behind to get at least a point proves we've got bottle, but we're also very fallible. And, as you say, inconsistent.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:30 pm

If Charles is injured beyond the international game we’re in deep shit - we can’t put teams to bed at all, which given we’ve got a leakier defence without Baxter, is the main reason we aren’t picking enough points up.

Whichever way you look at it that’s 2 points dropped today and means we’ll need to win at Derby. I’m not feeling confident.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:32 pm

That's definitely a bad day at the office
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:36 pm

The form tables are absolutely damning.

Obviously, we have to stick by them and hope we can find something but it's going to take quite the turnaround to do it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:57 pm

Might as well have a moan because we blew that. Worst players today (stand by for blasting): Coleman and Santos. Coleman's positioning awful and Santos wandering about like a busker who's lost his street map. I'm not seeing either as being Championship class. On top of that, at times our defence looked like an action scene from Chicken Shack. Toal is looking a better central defender than Santos by the week. We wouldn't have to work half as hard up front if we didn't panic at the back.

That's about it.

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:03 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:36 pm
The form tables are absolutely damning.

Obviously, we have to stick by them and hope we can find something but it's going to take quite the turnaround to do it.
Yeah. Our form is nothing short of shocking. 15th in form table based on last ten. 15th.

It’s a crisis. And Evatt has to find answers. Can’t keep doing the same thing we’ve been doing as we’ve tried that ad nauseum and it’s failing.

We need a new system. A new approach. Try something. Anything. Because doing the same thing week in week out is only going one way.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:52 pm

Coleman, despite being badly at fault for their first, actually kept us in the game with 2 stunning saves in the 2nd half.

Toal and Iredale seem to be under instructions to only pass sideways to Rico, who then puts his foot on it until the opposition are back behind the ball, then tw*ats it upfield where we more than often lose possession. Madness that we didn't get Jones going down the wing today in either half.

Jon Dadi having a long moan at the end to Evatt and coaching staff, not sure over what.

In its current guise, this is a top 6 or 7 side at best. We're currently miles of a top two side, despite what the table suggests.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"