The Nostradamus file....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

The Nostradamus file....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:03 am

Thought it might be an idea having a place to discuss current Wanderers things as they happen rather than interfere with specific match threads and following our fortunes . A sort of diary of what's happening, news and predictions till time for the Whites to march forth. Don't get much sense reading the BN comments so let's do it here. Should Gethin rush back or is it Foresters time? Air your views... :oyea:

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Nostradamus file....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 pm

For what it's worth, from Bolton News:
DION Charles will continue to have treatment and train with the Northern Ireland squad over the international break. Seems to indicate Northern Ireland are very scarce on players. Not sure how to feel about this one?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:03 am
Thought it might be an idea having a place to discuss current Wanderers things as they happen rather than interfere with specific match threads and following our fortunes . A sort of diary of what's happening, news and predictions till time for the Whites to march forth. Don't get much sense reading the BN comments so let's do it here. Should Gethin rush back or is it Foresters time? Air your views... :oyea:

Should Gethin rush back? Hope that's not a fresh concern.

As for Forrester, its a wonderful why he's not been involved. Maybe putting him in may fix some issues who knows.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:10 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

That comment is on the basis of this in B.N. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... stevenage/

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:10 pm
Mar wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

That comment is on the basis of this in B.N. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... stevenage/

Sounds like he acknowledges the effects of the long distance travel in the last paragraph. Personally I'd look at giving Forrester a go with Jones on the bench to come on late for whichever one of those needs resting.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:33 am

Sitting/standing at the Toughsheet? My days are long past and I did my share of standing at Burnden and enjoyed it, so I have no view although I've enjoyed many a game seated too. B.W.F.C. are apparently looking at the situation. "Some of the people some of he time" etc...What say?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 pm

I'd be putting Forrester in over Jones anyway to be fair. Regardless of travel.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 pm
I'd be putting Forrester in over Jones anyway to be fair. Regardless of travel.
I think Evatt trusts jones and sees him as key. I suspect he won’t do that until we are mathematically out of it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm

Obviously has leadership skills and experience over Forrester, but I think Jones has been poor, excluding an okay second half against Barnsley(?) when he went to RWB.

Lacks the game of dynamism that he had last season and I think he's become wasteful in possession and bit sloppy in his defending.

I like Forrester though, I think he's going to be a good one
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:32 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say that Jones has done much wrong since he's been back from the Asian cup, so I get that Evatt likely doesn't have huge motivation to take him out of the team, but I am surprised that Forrester has seemingly moved right down the pecking order again.

Am I wrong in remembering Will being generally really good in his games for us thus far?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm
Obviously has leadership skills and experience over Forrester, but I think Jones has been poor, excluding an okay second half against Barnsley(?) when he went to RWB.

Lacks the game of dynamism that he had last season and I think he's become wasteful in possession and bit sloppy in his defending.

I like Forrester though, I think he's going to be a good one
Don’t disagree with any of that. I just also feel that when Jones doesn’t play we look a worse side usually. We lack many like him. Experienced and leaders and I suspect when he’s not there we are a very ‘quiet’ side.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm

I think Iredale coming in would make more sense - he offers a bit of leadership and a will to win, Toal is better on the right anyway.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:24 pm

So after travelling all the way to Sydney, Jones didn't play, but has yet another opportunity when he travels to Lebanon. A lot of travelling for the guy to sit and bench watch.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:47 pm

Josh Sheehan is in the Wales squad v Finland tonight on BBC I Player at 7-45

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:17 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:47 pm
Josh Sheehan is in the Wales squad v Finland tonight on BBC I Player at 7-45
Sheehan didn't feature last night, but Wales are one game away from the Euros, they've just got to get past Poland (who beat Estonia 5-1).

Ukraine v Iceland
Georgia v Greece

Are the other two finals.

Dion Charles & Eoin Toal are in action tonight 9.45 vs Romania (in Bucharest), and Zac Ashworth's Wales U21 are listed tonight at 6pm.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:43 am

Mar wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:17 am

Dion Charles & Eoin Toal are in action tonight 9.45 vs Romania (in Bucharest), and Zac Ashworth's Wales U21 are listed tonight at 6pm.
I think that's 19-45 Mar. ?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:13 pm

To be fair if Sheehan is Ampadus understudy he’s not going to get much of a look in.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:43 am
Mar wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:17 am

I think that's 19-45 Mar. ?
You are right, it was a type o.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:12 pm

England (under 21's v Luxembourg) come to Bolton, Tuesday night. Our fame is spreading... :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 pm

Eoin Toal starts for Northern Ireland but Dion not in the squad. They are 1-0 up already.
Make that 1-1 after an error by N.I. keeper.