The Nostradamus file....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Nostradamus file....

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Nlundulu will be interesting - certainly offers a different dynamic, maybe more for the following games. Might see a return to no keeper on the bench.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:24 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:37 pm
Mar wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:09 pm
I do wonder however how much the timing of games impacts the opposition. Derby play Wednesday and Saturday, which means that they could be feeling further ahead than they actually are should they win on Wednesday.
Points in the bag vs games in hand, innit. It all levels up a week tomorrow when we host Shrewsbury while they're off - then it's two games a piece left, each played simultaneously. (Sky coverage might have moved one or other of the penultimate games but they don't seem to be bothering with much of the League One climax, what with the Championship bunfights for autos, playoffs and especially relegation.)

By the way, the play-off dates have been published, subject to police/Sky confirmation. You may wish to amend your calendars just in case. The information is of particular interest to those of us who not only turn 50 on Sat 4 May but have a gig/party to mark it...

Fri 3 May 20:00 League One A 1st Leg (6th v 3rd)
Sat 4 May 19:45 League One B 1st Leg (5th v 4th)
Tue 7 May 20:00 League One A 2nd Leg (3rd v 6th)
Wed 8 May 20:00 League One B 2nd Leg (4th v 5th)
Sat 18 May TBC League One Play-Off Final
The final is on my 60th birthday. We need to go up via the autos.
You had a birthday last year. Don't be selfish
I wouldn't put money on me having one next year 😁
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:43 am

^ :-D

Without wanting to sound unduly harsh, I do think Dan may develop into an ok player who will have his moments for us, but he was out of form and isn't going to have gotten any better while he was out with a torn hamstring..

Who knows, maybe with some good backing from the fans he might find some confidence and prove a handful for defenders for the run-in
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am

Think thats the key with Dan - before he got injured he was starting to come into some form and the fans were supporting him rather than berating him, and he was getting better and better.

He'll get that back I'm sure, but might take a bit of patience to get him back up to speed. Can see him offering us something as an impact sub though at the back end of this season if needed

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:17 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:00 pm
I wouldn't put money on me having one next year 😁
That sounds ominous. Hope all is well.

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:43 am
^ :-D

Without wanting to sound unduly harsh, I do think Dan may develop into an ok player who will have his moments for us, but he was out of form and isn't going to have gotten any better while he was out with a torn hamstring..

Who knows, maybe with some good backing from the fans he might find some confidence and prove a handful for defenders for the run-in

Dan looks like he'd make a good impact sub. As for being out of form with us just before his injury stint, i'd disagree that he was out of form.

The last few weeks prior to his injury:

Shrewsbury (A): 1 assist in 11 mins
Blackpool (H): 3 mins
Exeter (H): 1 goal, 1 assist in 14 mins
Oxford (A): 7 mins
Harrogate (H): 2 goals, 1 assist in 76 mins

That is 3 goals and 3 assists in 111 minutes. The lad had come good and even the stats there would showcase a disallowed penalty goal, later saved, causing his injury. Sure he'd started slowly, but the guy had come good and the timing of his injury was terrible.

I'm looking forward to him coming back into the fray, i'm just hoping we get the on fire N'lundulu.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:41 am

N'lundulu would definitely ask a different question off the bench. As long as the question isn't "Why did we buy him?" :D

Nah, in all seriousness, he was starting to look like more of a player. I suspect it helps that he came on against Exeter when we'd just gone 5-0 up, and that Harrogate were 16th in the division below, but he definitely Did Things.

I wonder how Adeboyejo is doing. Weirdly easy to forget about him while we're missing Dion and fretting about how to get the best from Collins, Bod and Jerome, but Victor was an effective striker: a goal every 2.5 league games, and perhaps more importantly, tended to have a good chance-conversion rate, which might be crucial in the playoffs or even a tight final-day game at Posh...

Anyways. Here's hoping we've soon got too many strikers. Goals win games. and as I may have said: Just. Keep. Winning.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:50 pm

The keeper got 2 assists v Exeter and a goal v Harrogate. You're not getting a free ride just coz Insano isn't still at the crease.

Seriously though, I'm hoping Dan beds in and adds to what we've got, I'm just maybe a little less hopeful than some. :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:41 am
N'lundulu would definitely ask a different question off the bench. As long as the question isn't "Why did we buy him?" :D
I thought you said a different question?!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:07 pm
Nlundulu will be interesting - certainly offers a different dynamic, maybe more for the following games. Might see a return to no keeper on the bench.
Very risky Dibble. Too much at stake in this run in to not have Coleman on the bench.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:00 pm

Coleman, Charles, Forrester, Jones, Williams, Dempsey and Jerome the bench I would say.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:11 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:00 pm
Coleman, Charles, Forrester, Jones, Williams, Dempsey and Jerome the bench I would say.
So you're expecting Iredale at LCB and Ogbeta al LWB? I'd agree with that

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:46 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:45 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:07 pm
Very risky Dibble. Too much at stake in this run in to not have Coleman on the bench.
I was thinking for vale and Shrewsbury
But you know Evatt would consider it at posh as well!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:11 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:00 pm
So you're expecting Iredale at LCB and Ogbeta al LWB? I'd agree with that
Forrester might be left behind for Morely to have more cover in Midfield.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:15 am

Referees making wrong decisions. What's the answer, because it's becoming a real issue and nothing is ever addressed? We can't alter time or put it back, but human error is costing clubs dearly, us not the least. V.A.R should be mandatory at all League games, which will never happen due to cost, but where lies the answer?

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:15 am
Referees making wrong decisions. What's the answer, because it's becoming a real issue and nothing is ever addressed? We can't alter time or put it back, but human error is costing clubs dearly, us not the least. V.A.R should be mandatory at all League games, which will never happen due to cost, but where lies the answer?

I suspect the answer lies in an independent review panel of refereeing actions. The trouble we have with referee's is that they're marking their own homework and don't like to punish their own. Even with VAR, its a case of they can make mistakes without being held to account.

Similarly I also think professionalism plays a key part. We've got way too many refs not being full time. How can we expect the referees to be fully professional when the sport doesn't consider them fully professional?

For every club in the league, there should be financial contributions into salaried referees.

If we had standards set out where they had to complete bleep tests, eye tests, tests on laws, etc. then maybe we'd have a higher standard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Mar wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:15 am

I suspect the answer lies in an independent review panel of refereeing actions. The trouble we have with referee's is that they're marking their own homework and don't like to punish their own. Even with VAR, its a case of they can make mistakes without being held to account.

Similarly I also think professionalism plays a key part. We've got way too many refs not being full time. How can we expect the referees to be fully professional when the sport doesn't consider them fully professional?

For every club in the league, there should be financial contributions into salaried referees.

If we had standards set out where they had to complete bleep tests, eye tests, tests on laws, etc. then maybe we'd have a higher standard.
Quite so Mar, but how do they right a wrong when it matters? During the game? Like now, for instance.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:43 pm

Trying to keep my head off what might have been, I'll be really sorry if we don't retain Jon-Bod at transfer time. He's the model of the older time centre forward and I'd dearly love him to be a bit younger and fitter. I still reckon he's worth keeping on the books if it's possible. He's fitted into the team so well and loves it here. Collins i a bit hit and miss for me. Ah well, as ever, Que Sera!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:07 pm

Hmmm, Collins. 7 goals, 5 in his last 4 games. I'll take that level of hit or miss (5 in 4) every day that ends in "y"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Steve Evans rolls back up the M1 to Rotherham, with immediate effect. Another reason, were any needed, to avoid this division next season if at all possible.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Cameron Jerome interview. Says it how it is.
“But ultimately you have to look at yourselves sometimes. We have been in the position so many times where other teams haven’t done what they needed to do but we haven’t done the business either.

“It is how you are over a 46-game season and if we fall short then we haven’t been good enough. That is just the way it is.

“So many times this season we have had people compliment our style of play, the players within the squad, but you have to show it week after week, you can’t just turn it on and off.”