Not between the lines...V Reading at home Monday Apr 1st 3-0;clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Not between the lines...V Reading at home Monday Apr 1st 3-0;clock

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:18 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:56 pm
Is Collins the real deal? I must admit, I was completely oblivious to him before he signed. But, he seems to have settled and is now knocking 'em in.
He’s still a real mix. Clearly has talent, to score and assist; and yet frequently during a game will shank a pass, make the wrong choice or similar surprisingly duff touch. Also looks a bit languid so I can imagine people thinking he’s lazy. But he’s very obviously got a lot of talent. Evatt’s postmatch quote acknowledges that many of his January signings really improve after their first preseason with us; I hope his is with Evatt and preparing for a higher division.
He seems the real deal to me. The key to him is getting his confidence up. We've seen the good and the bad of Collins so far, when he's fully confident and trying what he's good at he's electric. When he's not it's strange to see. Thankfully he looks to be flying.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:41 am

Grand win. Much needed and decently entertaining. Tougher tests to come, but you can't get more than 3 points for the win. :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:23 am

I've replayed the goal highlights on Youtube time and time again. It's so good to watch when we are in full flow. I'm particularly pleased for JonBod, because he really covers some ground and works hard for the cause in general. Great that he got two "instinct" goals , the first being sheer delight. All in all, yesterday was even better then it looks on the scoreboard, because Reading aren't exactly rubbish. We beat a decent side who were dangerous right through. Have yourselves the Super Kev award for performance lads. :davies:

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:21 pm

On Easter holidays and recovering from an illness, so quite a good excuse to watch the entire Pizza Cup Final on YouTube again. God we were good that game. Forgot how superb Bradley was: if a mon in behind, we had Santos, Toal, and Bradley who could make up the ground.

Can’t help but feel we can do this. Bit of luck, starting with Pompey thaneet. Play up, lads.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:05 pm

BorsdaneWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:21 pm
On Easter holidays and recovering from an illness, so quite a good excuse to watch the entire Pizza Cup Final on YouTube again. God we were good that game. Forgot how superb Bradley was: if a mon in behind, we had Santos, Toal, and Bradley who could make up the ground.

Can’t help but feel we can do this. Bit of luck, starting with Pompey thaneet. Play up, lads.
Aye, let's not forget this season's squad has lost two Premier League players. And is still outperforming last season's.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:35 pm

One of the most satisfying wins this season. I said to the people I was with on Friday that we’d batter these and we did.

Fantastic goal from Collins (another one who’s apparently shit). His movement and the way he pops up all over the pitch is fantastic. Delighted for him. Bodvarsson was great too. That left footed finish was superb. He tried that at Wigan and hit the post. Bit over-complicated but it was a great way to send the keeper the wrong way. Almost a step over shot. Letting it run across him, skipping and sending it back the same way it came. I lak it a lot
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Agreed - loved that Bodvarson finish.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:45 pm

I thought it was a mad run he made given he could've just waited in loads of space, and he nearly ended up past the front post. But he managed it!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.