Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: Clearly more upper crust where you are. :-) Round here, you have to put a quid into a release mechanism to get a trolley. You get the quid back, when you put it in the stack again.
Doesn't matter where really, still happens down here in Oxfordshire :P Although the main culprits I've seen are older, middle class women in their Chelsea Tractors who park in the car park that is marginally closer to the road than Sainsbury's one is, and they just adandon their trolley off site there. Feel sorry for the trolley wranglers who have to bring them all back in one line whilst dodging traffic.

Although mildly dull fact from a start up I briefly had dealings with a few years back - missing trollies cost supermarkets so much to replace (I think they're about £100-200 per pop?) that some supermarkets have started looking into using GPS on them that automatically locks the wheels as soon as it's moved off site.
I used to import them for a company called Carttronics who sourced them from China. As you say, once they move away from the signal zone the wheels lock.. They were pretty widey used by some of the big ones for a while, until they all reverted to coin operated ones.

He made most of his money by selling the actual signalling equipment with a subscription fee for it

But a quid is a small price to pay for the hours of pissed up fun you can have with a trolley
There's a generation of people with jackass style home videos who can attest to that fact.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

We had this in this morning from the board
With all of the turbulence, uncertainty and speculation that is currently in the media following the outcome of the referendum to leave the European Union, the Directors of ** Limited wish to advise all employees that:-

We remain confident about the future of all of our Group Companies. They are all trading in a satisfactory manner and they are all financially secure.

We do not believe that we are heavily reliant on industries or activities that are likely to be directly affected by an exit from the European Union, or that there is any need for us to restructure any of our activities as a result of the outcome of the referendum. Indeed, we forecast a sustained period of growth in our General Forwarding business with our international logistics divisions and expect to actively recruit new starters to help assist with the additional opportunities this will bring.

We may however have to face a temporary, general slowing in economic activity that may arise following the outcome of the referendum, particularly in Travel Management and European Logistics, but we believe that we are well placed to be able to work our way through this.

We do not see that there is any need for us to change our plans to continue to invest in developing and growing our businesses. In fact, we expect to be able to make announcements over the coming days about some further initiatives that we are currently working on to strengthen and develop our businesses. We also intend to be vigilant in watching for further opportunities that may arise from changes to markets following the outcome of the referendum.
The Directors and the Shareholders remain committed to achieving our Goal of growing our gross profit to £35 million by 2022.

We recognise that these are unsettling times for many people but, during its 183 year history, the Company has navigated its way through two World Wars, the Great Depression and many other turbulent situations. We will therefore approach the current uncertainty with a quiet but confident & steely determination.

We do appreciate that the current uncertain and volatile situation may result in extra challenges, but we have complete confidence that we have excellent employees who will rise to these challenges in the same professional and committed way that they have in the past.
We thank you for your continuing efforts to deliver high quality services to our many customers.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm

TTIP is a right-wing idea.

Now, lets all be serious about this and have a think. Please try. But does anyone actually believe that Nu Britin under the leadership of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, with their ultra-right-wing backers (and some hangers on from the British Ukip of Fascists posdibly) are going to deliver a free at the point use, all encompassing, all inclusive health service?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:We do not believe that we are heavily reliant on industries or activities that are likely to be directly affected by an exit from the European Union
I'm happy for your company (genuinely - I wouldn't want to see anybody impacted by this, but some most certainly will). This bit is fairly important to the positive message they've delivered.

It's also worth noting that we haven't even formally told the EU we're leaving yet nor have any of the trading conditions that were in play last Wednesday, yet been altered in any way. So great, as you were.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:TTIP is a right-wing idea.

Now, lets all be serious about this and have a think. Please try. But does anyone actually believe that Nu Britin under the leadership of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, with their ultra-right-wing backers (and some hangers on from the British Ukip of Fascists posdibly) are going to deliver a free at the point use, all encompassing, all inclusive health service?
Yup. And it's going to be much better funded than it was. Boris and Michael have been unstinting in their support of the NHS down the years.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:We do not believe that we are heavily reliant on industries or activities that are likely to be directly affected by an exit from the European Union
I'm happy for your company (genuinely - I wouldn't want to see anybody impacted by this, but some most certainly will). This bit is fairly important to the positive message they've delivered.

It's also worth noting that we haven't even formally told the EU we're leaving yet nor have any of the trading conditions that were in play last Wednesday, yet been altered in any way. So great, as you were.
It wasn't designed to tip anybody's views or say look at me.. I just thought it may have been of interest..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:09 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It wasn't designed to tip anybody's views or say look at me.. I just thought it may have been of interest..
It is. :-)

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

At the bolded part, that's what it already is? Firstly, they'd never get any legislation to change that, passed and if they even attempted it, would be consigning their party to certain defeat at the next elections. They'd never get away with it. Especially after their recent campaign promises.

I'm not saying that the NHS will suddenly get any better (though it should get SOME extra funding), and certainly free health care across Europe is now under risk, but to suggest that the NHS's future would be that much brighter if we'd have voted remain? Yeah, not seeing that.

Also even the right-wingers were calling for the NHS to be protected from the TTIP arrangement. Something that would've needed to be agreed with the other EU states.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:51 pm

Rjs37 wrote:

At the bolded part, that's what it already is? Firstly, they'd never get any legislation to change that, passed and if they even attempted it, would be consigning their party to certain defeat at the next elections. They'd never get away with it. Especially after their recent campaign promises.

I'm not saying that the NHS will suddenly get any better (though it should get SOME extra funding), and certainly free health care across Europe is now under risk, but to suggest that the NHS's future would be that much brighter if we'd have voted remain? Yeah, not seeing that.

Also even the right-wingers were calling for the NHS to be protected from the TTIP arrangement. Something that would've needed to be agreed with the other EU states.
You still haven't managed to tell us what within TTIP it needed protecting against...What was it exactly? Also if you look at the Canadian deal, each member state has its own exclusions independent of each other...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Sir Richard Branson is stepping up his pro-EU efforts, launching a nationwide campaign to urge people to back remain and warning of the economic and political pitfalls of a Brexit vote.

The billionaire founder of the Virgin empire – who does not have the right to vote in the UK – is launching the campaign on Monday.
Nor pays much tax in either.

:lmfao:

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Rjs37 wrote:

You still haven't managed to tell us what within TTIP it needed protecting against...What was it exactly? Also if you look at the Canadian deal, each member state has its own exclusions independent of each other...
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 79688.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.waronwant.org/media/ttip-and ... w-bbc-leak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the Canadian deal, they may have their own exclusions independent of each other, but surely they had to be pre-agreed what those exclusions would be? I can't imagine one state could just add an extra exclusion in there if they wanted to.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:03 pm

That tells me what someone else thinks - I was trying to understand what you thought. :-)

The TTIP EU text on Services...It's fairly moot, now. :-)
EU: services considered to be public utilities [Note from me - that included health services] at a national or local level may be subject to public monopolies or to exclusive rights granted to private operators.

Other clause:

The EU reserves the right to adopt or maintain any measure with regard to:

the provision of:
o all education, health and social services which:
 receive public funding or state support in any form,
 are therefore not considered to be privately funded
o services relating to the collection, purification, distribution and management of water (drinking water and water for industrial use).
Ain't that really scary in relation to the NHS? In the context of the agreement, the EU means any sovereign government within the EU - so UK could decide independently from France or Germany etc.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:13 pm

But, but, WE'RE NOT SOVEREIGN!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:But, but, WE'RE NOT SOVEREIGN!
Silly me.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm really pleased the grovelling piece of shit of a Scottish MEP does not represent me in any way shape or form.

It couldn't have been more embarrassing if he'd sucked Juncker and Shultz off in public!

Odious cretin.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:I'm really pleased the grovelling piece of shit of a Scottish MEP does not represent me in any way shape or form.

It couldn't have been more embarrassing if he'd sucked Juncker and Shultz off in public!

Odious cretin.
Who is this cretin? And what did he do that's as bad as public group fellatio?
Topless hand relief????!!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Hoboh wrote:I'm really pleased the grovelling piece of shit of a Scottish MEP does not represent me in any way shape or form.

Odious cretin.
SNP MEP Alyn Smith begging the EU parliament not to forget the jocks voted in.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Odious cretin.
SNP MEP Alyn Smith begging the EU parliament not to forget the jocks voted in.
Yes a cringeworthy quote. A bit disappointing though! He probably would take one in the mouth if Nicola told him to.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Look. If we want to pass laws saying our Scottish MEP's can suck folks off in the public. We bloody well can and no one is going to stop us.

Brexit won a vote saying we leave the EU not fecking gagging order. When most people believed in witches, it didn't make them right. It just made them collectively a bit fcuking stupid.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Look. If we want to pass laws saying our Scottish MEP's can suck folks off in the public. We bloody well can and no one is going to stop us.

Brexit won a vote saying we leave the EU not fecking gagging order. When most people believed in witches, it didn't make them right. It just made them collectively a bit fcuking stupid.
Fnarrrrrrrr Fnarrrrrrrr.