Watching football in the pub, on your own

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Pub or highlights?

Pub
79%
Highlights
21%

Total votes: 24

Batman

Watching football in the pub, on your own

Post by Batman » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Right, dilemma

my missus is chucking me out for the night so she can get on with her uni work, I was going to down to my local in Preston to watch the Chelsea game (no SKY for me) but thing is, my usual co-watchers (incl Ginge) are nowhere to be seen. Do I go, sit at the back on my tod, worrying about losing my seat every time I go for a whaz, and watch the game unable to comment or owt.or do i sit at home watch the telly in the bedroom and watch the highlights later........

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:37 pm

Pub every time. There's more to life than worrying about losing a seat whilst having a whaz!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:02 pm

You never know, while you are out you could emerge from the shadows and talk to another human being. One you don't already know. :lol:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm

There are no highlights on terrestrial later - looks like a trip to the pub for me too.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:57 pm

I'm back. That red card was a bit much. Two goals in the Nou Camp seems like a tall order.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:04 pm

was sat (accidentally) with the Preston branch of the Chelsea Headhunters..............

short memories for these swines, Robben dived, Messi dived.......
red card was harsh, but the better team won.

Plus, outside of the red shite, I have never ever known such small minded racist crap

"Come on Drogba you f**king n*****, break that c***'s legs" (to Ronaldinho).(hint, the bleeped word rhymes with spoon)

absolutely outrageous. I am proud to say that I stood up and told them to shut the hell up, so did the landlady, what a bunch of total idiots.

forza Barca

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:51 am

Pub for me - usuallly alone - especially in the past as their are no other Bolton fans here :(

But in recent times it doesn´t matter because I can get the games I want via my computer.
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:34 am

Went down the pub on me tod to watch the England - Germany semi final of Euro 96. The only other viewers: two Scots.

I felt very alone that night.

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 am

Ratbert wrote:
I felt very alone that night.
Being " Lost " I am not surprised :D
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:12 am

Batman wrote:Plus, outside of the red shite, I have never ever known such small minded racist crap

"Come on Drogba you f**king n*****, break that c***'s legs" (to Ronaldinho).(hint, the bleeped word rhymes with spoon)

absolutely outrageous. I am proud to say that I stood up and told them to shut the hell up, so did the landlady, what a bunch of total idiots.

forza Barca
What pub was this?

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:09 pm

the Withy Trees on Garstang Road in Preston

usually a top pub, but went down in my estimation after meeting those utter utter bastards

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:54 pm

I ended watching the second half of Marseille on the uni big screen without anyone. I had to ask for them to swop from the darts!

I don't know of any other Bolton fans in Exeter. :(

Snowlika
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Snowlika » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:55 am

pub

I always go down the pub and see everybody. Play a bit o pool and watch the games, mostly when it's arranged for everybody to meet down there or after a footie match when we get back from london
and yes i know i'm 14 but i have connections ^^ :D

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:34 pm

My local's very Arsenal and as such they watch all the Bolton games in the hope someone is going to tank us. Always go home with the hump. Them, not me. :roll:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Where's your local, Gravedigger?
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm

on a random and slightly related point, i've just got back from Arsenal v spurs reserves, annoying people by talking about how we beat them both repeatedly :D ashley cole played 7mins before getting injured again!
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:24 pm

aye, read that on t'internet.

ashley cole is a dick, and a completely over-rated player.

BWFC socking it to the cockernees!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 pm

Gnome wrote:on a random and slightly related point, i've just got back from Arsenal v spurs reserves, annoying people by talking about how we beat them both repeatedly :D ashley cole played 7mins before getting injured again!
Good work agent Gnome.

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:31 pm

i was also pissing off spurs fans by telling them we were more likely to make the champs league than them 8) they apparently have to play most of the teams around us, while we have a lot of lower teams and 2games in hand,which i told them would be our advantage
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 pm

Gnome wrote:i was also pissing off spurs fans by telling them we were more likely to make the champs league than them 8) they apparently have to play most of the teams around us, while we have a lot of lower teams and 2games in hand,which i told them would be our advantage
So you told them the truth. No wonder they were upset.