The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Yesterday I raced in the Fraternity and Sorority Cup in Trent Park. It's one of the oldest Cross Country races in the country, having started in 1933.

It's measured at 7.8 km and a sapping, hilly, muddy course around Trent Park. I finished in 35.30 which I was happy with.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Yesterday I raced in the Fraternity and Sorority Cup in Trent Park. It's one of the oldest Cross Country races in the country, having started in 1933.

It's measured at 7.8 km and a sapping, hilly, muddy course around Trent Park. I finished in 35.30 which I was happy with.
Every credit. "Muddy"? It's all frozen over up here. In fact, yesterday, we had to run that far out to avoid the frozen-over puddles along the bottom track that Nike measured my run to be 5.11 Km.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Yesterday I raced in the Fraternity and Sorority Cup in Trent Park. It's one of the oldest Cross Country races in the country, having started in 1933.

Every credit. "Muddy"? It's all frozen over up here. In fact, yesterday, we had to run that far out to avoid the frozen-over puddles along the bottom track that Nike measured my run to be 5.11 Km.

Just a little frost here. Cheers.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:09 pm

I thought about doing the West Yorkshire Cross Country League for my new club, then remembered that there was a good reason I hadn't done XC since 2002, had a word with myself and decided to stick to parkruns! Well done though GtE, it's tough stuff. I'll have a go again if I can get some training behind me.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 am

LeverEnd wrote:I thought about doing the West Yorkshire Cross Country League for my new club, then remembered that there was a good reason I hadn't done XC since 2002, had a word with myself and decided to stick to parkruns! Well done though GtE, it's tough stuff. I'll have a go again if I can get some training behind me.

I'm not really a big fan of it myself and dislike running on grass (approx. half the race is a boggy field) but I do like trails and woods. It's nice and easy underfoot with all the leaf litter. Easier than the roads anyhow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 am

So, are we putting a little trot together of our own when GtE's up? We did mention at one point doing the mine-war memorial - Asda - Tom Ashton's - mine 10K at one point?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:So, are we putting a little trot together of our own when GtE's up? We did mention at one point doing the mine-war memorial - Asda - Tom Ashton's - mine 10K at one point?

That'd be great. Not home for a Saturday so something to aim for would be grand.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:So, are we putting a little trot together of our own when GtE's up? We did mention at one point doing the mine-war memorial - Asda - Tom Ashton's - mine 10K at one point?

That'd be great. Not home for a Saturday so something to aim for would be grand.
Depending on when it is i'll be up for that. I'll be heading south on the 30th until the 2nd.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Depending on when it is i'll be up for that. I'll be heading south on the 30th until the 2nd.

Count me in. You doing breakfast for us all then Bruce? :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

You want Bruce to give you some of his unlimited sausage? :shock:

I'm heading South on the 30th too. 27th, 28th or 29th early doors is good for me guys.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:46 pm

I think the finish point will be the cafe at Morrison's :)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

You want Bruce to give you some of his unlimited sausage? :shock:

I'm heading South on the 30th too. 27th, 28th or 29th early doors is good for me guys.
Bad timing on missing the Saturdays! I might make my park run comeback on Christmas Eve.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bad timing on missing the Saturdays! I might make my park run comeback on Christmas Eve.
I'll be missing the PR on the 17th as it's the morning after the works do. :pissed:

OK, well the only way that this is going to happen is if we commit to it. How's everyone for Tuesday 27th?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
I'll be missing the PR on the 17th as it's the morning after the works do. :pissed:

OK, well the only way that this is going to happen is if we commit to it. How's everyone for Tuesday 27th?
Just as long as we can drive to the Toby. Bollocks to Morrisons!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Just as long as we can drive to the Toby. Bollocks to Morrisons!
Sure. Else I don't mind sticking some bacon ans sausages under at mine. You can butter the barms, someone else can brew up (LeverEnd's going near none of it though :) )

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Good for me. Is it 10k you say?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Great stuff. Apparently the loop's bang on 10K.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Great stuff. Apparently the loop's bang on 10K.
Cool. Are we all runming it together?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Cool. Are we all runming it together?
Yeah, I wish :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend