Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Good for you Spotty. Really gets my goat that, the buggers just slapping any old increase on in the hope that you'll just renew. Robbing sods
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Luvabella. This Xmas's must have toy, apparently. Makes no difference to me, I don't buy Christmas presents. But, Jesus Christ! What a monstrosity.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Luvabella. This Xmas's must have toy, apparently. Makes no difference to me, I don't buy Christmas presents. But, Jesus Christ! What a monstrosity.
I've seen worse looking dolls. The thing that interests me is you can get them with blonde, dark brown or brunette hair. These hair colours apply equally to the colour of skin, but this is not mentioned.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Every Christmas there's a "toy of the year". Around 20 years ago a former boss of mine worked for Airfix (or whoever) and they had the sales rights to Tracy Island. People were, quite literally, getting into punch-ups in the queue at Toys R Us to buy these things. Of course, these things were all made in China so, having completely underestimated demand, they ordered a container-ship full more, which were six weeks to make then eight weeks on the water - they couldn't give the 4ucking things away!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Just very worried. We have a son in California and they are in total panic mode right now as major fires rage everywhere. Just seen the news and it looks like the whole country is alight. Not quite touched their area of Simi Vally yet, but it's close. Praying.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm
Just very worried. We have a son in California and they are in total panic mode right now as major fires rage everywhere. Just seen the news and it looks like the whole country is alight. Not quite touched their area of Simi Vally yet, but it's close. Praying.
Hope all is OK TD. It's an annual problem over there but I was surprised to see it happening so late in the year. If it's any comfort, they're very experienced and well equipped at dealing with them
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Hope all's well, Tango. The images are frightening. As Genshaw says, it's not entirely new to them and I'm sure you can have some faith in the authorities having evacuation routes mapped and so on, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hope all's well, Tango. The images are frightening. As Genshaw says, it's not entirely new to them and I'm sure you can have some faith in the authorities having evacuation routes mapped and so on, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Thanks for the good wishes. Seems to be okay as of last night. They have been evacuaed before but others are having in it much worse. Talk of 200,00 being in danger at one time. Hopefully, it's in hand now. Big worry though. Lad texted my wife at 3.0'clock in the morning our time Monday to say it was real scary.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Just a bit sad. When taking the dog out I regularly meet up with a bloke who lives nearby and his three small dogs, a Jack Russell, a rescue dog and a little Shithzu. Christmas Eve, the 16 year old rescue dog was vomitting blood and vet advised it being put to sleep. Next day (Christmas Day) the Little Shithzu who was 17 was crying in pain and the vet said due to his age there was nothing he could really due and advised it would be kinder to end its pain. My neighbour, as you can imagine is rather upset. He really loved those dogs and you can see the bewilderment as to where his mates have gone in the Jack Russell. Although none of it is anyone's fault, life can be real hard at times. Lousy luck.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:07 pm
Just a bit sad. When taking the dog out I regularly meet up with a bloke who lives nearby and his three small dogs, a Jack Russell, a rescue dog and a little Shithzu. Christmas Eve, the 16 year old rescue dog was vomitting blood and vet advised it being put to sleep. Next day (Christmas Day) the Little Shithzu who was 17 was crying in pain and the vet said due to his age there was nothing he could really due and advised it would be kinder to end its pain. My neighbour, as you can imagine is rather upset. He really loved those dogs and you can see the bewilderment as to where his mates have gone in the Jack Russell. Although none of it is anyone's fault, life can be real hard at times. Lousy luck.
I'm very sorry for you, your friend and his Jack Russell.
I had to have mine put down last year because she had a tumour on her spinal chord. It's hard and devastating to make that decision.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Every sympathy Tango. We had to put our eldest cat to sleep a few days before Xmas. It was the kindest thing to do, but so very difficult :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:49 pm
Every sympathy Tango. We had to put our eldest cat to sleep a few days before Xmas. It was the kindest thing to do, but so very difficult :(
I'm sorry to hear that AT.
(however, it'll make it easier to come back to the UK. Not that that's a consolation).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:04 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:49 pm
I'm sorry to hear that AT.
(however, it'll make it easier to come back to the UK. Not that that's a consolation).
We've 4 more, but it will save nearly a grand getting back. Miss her terribly though :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:36 pm

:roll: Retaining wall behind next door neighbour's house has come down. All twenty five foot of it. That's height, not length...
I'm gazing at it, thinking fxxxxxck!
He tells me he has no building insurance since he paid off his mortgage 20 years ago... :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Chocolate. I'm not sure if it's me or my taste buds but since late last year, it tastes so sugary and sweet, just the thought of it makes me feel sick. I know plenty of brands have changed their recipes recently, but is it just me??

On the upside, not eating it is saving me plenty of calories.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm
Chocolate. it tastes so sugary and sweet
Funny, that :wink:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 pm

A Mr Hugh Barnard has asked HM Passport Office for the Pantone colour name and RGB value of the old passport covers. I've retained mine since 1972 onwards, and (apart from the first, which was decidedly Navy Blue, and still is) all the rest are without doubt Black.

Who gives a shit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 pm
A Mr Hugh Barnard has asked HM Passport Office for the Pantone colour name and RGB value of the old passport covers. I've retained mine since 1972 onwards, and (apart from the first, which was decidedly Navy Blue, and still is) all the rest are without doubt Black.

Who gives a shit.
Well, Farridge. According to that total cockwomble the fact that you'll no longer be free to move between or work in 28 countries and will now be restricted to, well, one, is a small price to pay for having an inanimate object in blue.
People actually went out and voted for this spunktrumpet!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Who gives a shit.
Well, Farridge. According to that total cockwomble the fact that you'll no longer be free to move between or work in 28 countries and will now be restricted to, well, one, is a small price to pay for having an inanimate object in blue.
People actually went out and voted for this spunktrumpet!
Is anybody being compelled to be unable to be free to move between countries? Really?
I've a number of visa stamps (which I paid to have embossed on my passport because I wanted the fxckers) from for example Liechtenstein, Ceuta, Mellila, Gibralter, and Monaco - non of them 'members' of the EU. I've also stepped ashore in the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Sark, and a bunch of islands halfway between Finland and Sweden whose name temporarily escapes me, none of whom were EU members without having to wave my willy, never mind a passport.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

"be free to"