creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm
Pendulum seem to have swung a bit out of balance right now. Still redeemable, but the Kiwis seem to have a few "Cometh the hour" men more than us. We badly need a couple of wickets to start tomorrow off with. Have at it lads.......
You mean they have a few test level batsmen and we dont. That’s what it boils down to. Though I don’t think we have bowled very well really.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:31 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm
Pendulum seem to have swung a bit out of balance right now. Still redeemable, but the Kiwis seem to have a few "Cometh the hour" men more than us. We badly need a couple of wickets to start tomorrow off with. Have at it lads.......
You mean they have a few test level batsmen and we dont. That’s what it boils down to. Though I don’t think we have bowled very well really.
Oh, is that what I mean? Thanks.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 pm

"Party" stands at Test cricket are a f*cking dreadful idea.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm

33-3. Having dragged themselves back into it somewhat, our heroes have a hara kiri party and gift it all right back. Cometh the hour..? Seems unlikely.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm
33-3. Having dragged themselves back into it somewhat, our heroes have a hara kiri party and gift it all right back. Cometh the hour..? Seems unlikely.
We cannot bat. I think the only way we win any tests is bowling teams out for under 200 consistently.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25479
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 pm

71-6 . Old bastards up and down the country buying linseed oil. We should burn a wicket now and send it DHL.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:30 pm

New Zealand have in fairness bowled better than we have too. Feel the next decade is going to be grim as an England test cricket fan.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25479
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:30 pm
New Zealand have in fairness bowled better than we have too. Feel the next decade is going to be grim as an England test cricket fan.
TBF, they've bowled, batted and fielded better...a decade is a long time, but structurally we're not set up to produce test cricketers at the moment. There's a long distance between County Championship and world class, and as T20 and One Day predominates more, they're not getting the skills required to bat for a day/day and a half...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:30 pm
New Zealand have in fairness bowled better than we have too. Feel the next decade is going to be grim as an England test cricket fan.
TBF, they've bowled, batted and fielded better...a decade is a long time, but structurally we're not set up to produce test cricketers at the moment. There's a long distance between County Championship and world class, and as T20 and One Day predominates more, they're not getting the skills required to bat for a day/day and a half...
Yep that’s what I mean. I look at Wood who is a very very talented and very fast bowler. He should be ideal for the at cricket. But he’s been so groomed for restrictive one day bowling he can’t put the damn thing in the right place close to enough times to be worth a test place. And that’s the bowling which of far less of a mess than the batting.

We aren’t producing test level players. And the ones we have are rapidly ageing. Cook, Strauss, Vaughan, Pietersen even Bell. We’ve not close to this quality now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Watching the T20 and an England side who are unquestionably packed with world class players. Is nice. No Stokes, Archer etc but still crushing Sri Lanka here.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 pm
Watching the T20 and an England side who are unquestionably packed with world class players. Is nice. No Stokes, Archer etc but still crushing Sri Lanka here.
Just watched the highlights. England 3-Sri Lanka 0. Good stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:30 pm

I don’t think we celebrate the white ball England side nearly enough. It’s genuinely brilliant. The best in the world and whilst there are other good sides who on their day can beat us we aren’t world champions for nothing at 50 overs and I’d be disappointed if we don’t go close in T20s with players we have.

Sri Lanka aren’t great but we’ve just demolished them with half our side. Fantastic.

A world class group of players who won the big one. Morgan the best captain in any sport I can remember too.

For all we (rightly) bemoan our test side the ODI needs far more praise and celebration. We will miss them when they’ve gone.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25479
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:58 pm

^^ Some folks still don't have their heads around the notion that 50 overs is real cricket :-) T20 is on a different planet. I rarely watch us in either forms TBH...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:21 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:58 pm
^^ Some folks still don't have their heads around the notion that 50 overs is real cricket :-) T20 is on a different planet. I rarely watch us in either forms TBH...
Personal format preferences aside its not often that England are genuinely one of the best sides in a sport over an extended period. I didn't mean individuals on here just the country as a whole. When England were a superb test side the media and fans grumbled as we were shocking at the ODI stuff especially in world cups. Now England are world champions and smashing sides yet they just complain about test cricket. And its right to criticise the test team but I also think they ought to celebrate how good we are at the other stuff. An England team won a world cup - probably for many 2019 will be the only time they see that in a major sport in their lifetimes. Its worth a bit more credit than they get. As they smashed Sri Lanka all the commentators could talk about was that these players should have been available for the test series (ignoring the Covid and mental health issues that made such choices very hard).

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:01 pm

England wallop Pakisan in the first one day internationall. Pakistan 141 all out, England 142-1 (Malan 65, Crawley 52). England win by 9 wickets ...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28545
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:01 pm
England wallop Pakisan in the first one day internationall. Pakistan 141 all out, England 142-1 (Malan 65, Crawley 52). England win by 9 wickets ...
England’s third choice team….

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7985
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:48 pm


User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:59 pm

England about to bat chasing 331. A big ask of Stokes reserves.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:59 pm
England about to bat chasing 331. A big ask of Stokes reserves.
And they do it, just in time for the loss of seven wickets.( Vince made 102) Bit of luck here and there,, so what, it was a third reserve team apparently. Well done England. Series won 3-0. :pray:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39172
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:20 pm

I watched England Women cricket team play India Women on BBCI Player last night. The Indian women fielding had to be seen to be believed, and I don't say it lightly,; quite magnificent . Some of the men could take a lesson...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests