The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:16 pm

^^ Think I'll reserve judgement until I get to the ballot box, mate and as ever look at their manifestos...I'm less worried about who they are, more worried about what they'll do :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Haven’t we just learned that we should be really much much much more worried about who they are?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:27 pm
Haven’t we just learned that we should be really much much much more worried about who they are?
No - what we're seeing now is everything around what he's done/doing...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:41 pm

I will say what absolutely makes me physically sick to my stomach is Johnson guffawing about getting the ‘big decisions’ right on covid to nod and wink the to anti lockdown covid deniers in his party and his core vote.

I mean sure. You delayed lockdown initially causing untold unnecessary deaths. You allowed large events to continue allowing covid to take a foothold as you told people to go round and shake the hands of covid patients in hospital. You discharged people with covid into care homes causing thousands of again unnecessary deaths. You handed billions over to Tory friend and failed business woman dido Harding for a Track and trace system that never worked ignoring established public health expertise. You ripped up procurement procedures and in turn sent billions of pounds of tax payers money to fradusters that has been written odd. See above, you also sent billions to Tory friends who delivered nothing in return ignoring in many cases establishes suppliers. You resisted a second lockdown against all scientific advice and mocked suggestions one would be needed, before belatedly having to impose one over Christmas, a delay which again cost thousands possibly tens of thousands of lives.

And during all of this you enjoyed parties and events and thought yourself above the law. And then have the gall and cheek to tell everyone you’ve done a good job so some crimes should be ignored.

It’s gaslighting the electorate.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:41 pm
I will say what absolutely makes me physically sick to my stomach is Johnson guffawing about getting the ‘big decisions’ right on covid to nod and wink the to anti lockdown covid deniers in his party and his core vote.

I mean sure. You delayed lockdown initially causing untold unnecessary deaths. You allowed large events to continue allowing covid to take a foothold as you told people to go round and shake the hands of covid patients in hospital. You discharged people with covid into care homes causing thousands of again unnecessary deaths. You handed billions over to Tory friend and failed business woman dido Harding for a Track and trace system that never worked ignoring established public health expertise. You ripped up procurement procedures and in turn sent billions of pounds of tax payers money to fradusters that has been written odd. See above, you also sent billions to Tory friends who delivered nothing in return ignoring in many cases establishes suppliers. You resisted a second lockdown against all scientific advice and mocked suggestions one would be needed, before belatedly having to impose one over Christmas, a delay which again cost thousands possibly tens of thousands of lives.

And during all of this you enjoyed parties and events and thought yourself above the law. And then have the gall and cheek to tell everyone you’ve done a good job so some crimes should be ignored.

Not much to argue with there mate except 'gaslighting' call it as it is, talking bollocks whilst lying to the electorate.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:00 pm

Ah well looks like it maybe a grey day tomorrow, that is, if they have all the ingredients in house for the fudge.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:41 pm

Not much to argue with there mate except 'gaslighting' call it as it is, talking bollocks whilst lying to the electorate.
Fair. I don’t mind either way.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 pm

Five imaginary pounds this report comes out Friday, just as the house recesses for the weekend.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:52 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 pm
Five imaginary pounds this report comes out Friday, just as the house recesses for the weekend.
You don't reckon they'd want to "spin it" rather than just leave it in the public domain over the weekend and allow folks to make their own minds up? I mean it might come out Friday, but I reckon they'll want it spun first...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:38 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 pm
Boris wants to delay as long as possible so he has time to strong arm his rebel MPs.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:48 pm

Actually when it does surface I'd love Starmer to have to isolate again and let little missy Doc Marts wade in, I'd pay to watch that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:48 pm
Actually when it does surface I'd love Starmer to have to isolate again and let little missy Doc Marts wade in, I'd pay to watch that.
Does Mr Voter want spankies?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:48 pm
Does Mr Voter want spankies?
:lol:
No mate I just want that blubbering fool to get what he's due, comeuppance.

And on another note, I see just how useful the EU leading Germans would have been in an EU army seeing they back off from playing their role in NATO, once Vlad has them by the balls we should leave them with the tears in their eyes.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am

PR team for The Met in need of a suitcase full of wine after that announcement. Jfc.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:27 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am
PR team for The Met in need of a suitcase full of wine after that announcement. Jfc.
It's not getting any better, "you can release anything as long as it's inconsequential and non-important"....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:28 am

You must know what you're getting yourself into if you sign up to do PR for the Met.

Obviously the abolish the police lot are mental, but they might have a point there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:34 am

"#DickOut" is incredible though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:36 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:34 am
"#DickOut" is incredible though.
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 am

I've got this wrong. Tell me I've got this wrong. I must've got this wrong. Please someone tell me that Liz Truss didn't spend £0.5m (HALF A MILLION fecking POUNDS) to fly to Australia and back?! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:03 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 am
I've got this wrong. Tell me I've got this wrong. I must've got this wrong. Please someone tell me that Liz Truss didn't spend £0.5m (HALF A MILLION fecking POUNDS) to fly to Australia and back?! :shock:
She did. That's more than the additional money we'll get out of the trade deal with them.