Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 20, 2022 8:21 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:29 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:56 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:50 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:59 am
Handing my notice in...........
It is very cathartic :mrgreen:
Just wish I had the nuts to tell my old manager some of the reasons I'm leaving but I'll stick to the tried and trusted.....at least until the notice period expires in 3 months. :D
I did. One day it all got too much and I saw the red light. No going back after that but I got another job eventually . Cost me a lot at the time , although three years later the same boss persuaded me back ...till the next time. Some battles in life are unwinnable. :(
I'm stepping away from the industry although my director (who I've known nearly 25 years) will continue to be my friend. No point in telling him what he already knows about my line manager. :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27811
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 20, 2022 11:37 am

I recall maybe posting something on Linkedin, in relation to a departure from a particular company ,it was fairly innocuous but pointed to the share price plummeting on the day before I announced I was moving. Couple of hours later, my phone went "notification mad." Over 100,000 views later, I was still laughing. :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm

:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 40584
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Congrats to both. Milestone.. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27811
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Is there drink involved? And have the rents been invited?

Congo, mate.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12863
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Ah, now I understand why you can afford to quit your job. Little Miss GtE is no longer a liability and you can go back to being a hippy, or something. Congrats.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 26, 2022 9:01 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Blimey. Think I first met her when she was still in primary school! :shock:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Is there drink involved? And have the rents been invited?

Congo, mate.
Delayed until this weekend. :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 27, 2022 10:34 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:58 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Ah, now I understand why you can afford to quit your job. Little Miss GtE is no longer a liability and you can go back to being a hippy, or something. Congrats.
Yup. I'm going full Gandalf. :mrgreen:
TBH she's been largely self-sufficient since she left.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Blimey. Think I first met her when she was still in primary school! :shock:
You did. She was taller than you even then :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Blimey. Think I first met her when she was still in primary school! :shock:
You did. She was taller than you even then :wink:
Aye, Miss GG is a similar age to when I met Miss GTE and there’s only a few inches in it now! Tbf though, I was quite tall at the end of primary school. I just then stopped growing. Hope you have a good weekend celebrating!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8460
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
:pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: Little Miss GtE turning 21. And finishing university.

:grin:
Blimey. Think I first met her when she was still in primary school! :shock:
You did. She was taller than you even then :wink:
Aye, Miss GG is a similar age to when I met Miss GTE and there’s only a few inches in it now! Tbf though, I was quite tall at the end of primary school. I just then stopped growing. Hope you have a good weekend celebrating!
Thank you

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests