The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:37 pm
Sounds like a good one GtE. I'll be testing my dodgy hip.at Selby parkrun. This will be my 100th different parkrun venue, elevating me to a new level of parkrun tourist geekery. 😁
Tattoo?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 06, 2022 11:50 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:37 pm
Sounds like a good one GtE. I'll be testing my dodgy hip.at Selby parkrun. This will be my 100th different parkrun venue, elevating me to a new level of parkrun tourist geekery. 😁
Tattoo?
Image

Already have in advance
...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3662
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat May 07, 2022 1:54 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:50 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:37 pm
Sounds like a good one GtE. I'll be testing my dodgy hip.at Selby parkrun. This will be my 100th different parkrun venue, elevating me to a new level of parkrun tourist geekery. 😁
Tattoo?
Image

Already have in advance

That’s nowhere near as bad as the guy Bruce and I saw at Stretford that time. Had to be seen to be believed!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38139
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 09, 2022 10:56 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:54 pm

That’s nowhere near as bad as the guy Bruce and I saw at Stretford that time. Had to be seen to be believed!
As I've said previously, BP, I'm just glad that we were both there to see it. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 09, 2022 12:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:50 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:37 pm
Sounds like a good one GtE. I'll be testing my dodgy hip.at Selby parkrun. This will be my 100th different parkrun venue, elevating me to a new level of parkrun tourist geekery. 😁
Tattoo?
Image

Already have in advance
How was Selby?

Got round Horwich Tri in 2:40:34. 7 minutes faster than last year! :mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 09, 2022 11:29 pm

That's good going, well done. Selby was ok hip twinged but didn't hurt. Almost back into it now. Doing kits of core and glute stuff which I need to keep doing even after it stops hurting (unlikely).
Just going to do parkruns and build up for a while. No races.
Pacing my rapidly-improving nephew round one in York on Saturday followed by a trip to the Jorvik centre.
...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue May 10, 2022 9:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:29 pm
That's good going, well done. Selby was ok hip twinged but didn't hurt. Almost back into it now. Doing kits of core and glute stuff which I need to keep doing even after it stops hurting (unlikely).
Just going to do parkruns and build up for a while. No races.
Pacing my rapidly-improving nephew round one in York on Saturday followed by a trip to the Jorvik centre.
He's come on leaps and bounds hasn't he?

I'm in London this weekend so no training or racing. Southport Tri on the 22nd though which I'm looking forward to. Haven't done a single stroke of open water this year and only three pool swims (including last week's race) :|

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 10, 2022 9:55 pm

I've retired from triathlon. Well from talking about doing one. I've never actually done one. Remembered I don't like swimming or cycling.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:55 pm
I've retired from triathlon. Well from talking about doing one. I've never actually done one. Remembered I don't like swimming or cycling.
I’m with snoopy on this one
Attachments
293CBB22-6BD4-4BB5-BACB-101E8D29194F.jpeg
293CBB22-6BD4-4BB5-BACB-101E8D29194F.jpeg (144.6 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 pm

Turns out that these days it’s so rare I partake in exercise I make the news when I do!
Attachments
379BB1E4-1B42-469D-901C-20A125771A6F.jpeg
379BB1E4-1B42-469D-901C-20A125771A6F.jpeg (4.69 MiB) Viewed 243 times

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 26, 2022 11:06 pm

Well done the GG family.
...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:25 am

Popped over to Leeds yesterday to throw myself in murky lake water, cycle headlong into a force five gale for 25 miles then beast myself on a 10km round the undulations of Roundhay Park. The joys of triathlon. (I love it really)

Good to see Lever End and his better half though.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:22 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:25 am
Popped over to Leeds yesterday to throw myself in murky lake water, cycle headlong into a force five gale for 25 miles then beast myself on a 10km round the undulations of Roundhay Park. The joys of triathlon. (I love it really)

Good to see Lever End and his better half though.
You were a sight to behold, resplendent in shiny purple lycra.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:22 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:25 am
Popped over to Leeds yesterday to throw myself in murky lake water, cycle headlong into a force five gale for 25 miles then beast myself on a 10km round the undulations of Roundhay Park. The joys of triathlon. (I love it really)

Good to see Lever End and his better half though.
You were a sight to behold, resplendent in shiny purple lycra.
:lol: Not too late to call off the wedding LE if your heart is elsewhere…

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8386
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:11 pm

Off to Eastbourne with a friend later this week to take part in the vets league. Friend is a good distance runner but he’s suffering from long covid so he is taking part in the race walk instead. Occurred to me it might not be a bad event for those of you that aren’t running anymore to take part in! :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:56 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:22 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:25 am
Popped over to Leeds yesterday to throw myself in murky lake water, cycle headlong into a force five gale for 25 miles then beast myself on a 10km round the undulations of Roundhay Park. The joys of triathlon. (I love it really)

Good to see Lever End and his better half though.
You were a sight to behold, resplendent in shiny purple lycra.
:mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm

Looking forward to Dambuster Triathlon this Sunday

The course is in and around Rutland Water which is a gorgeous part of the country (South Nottingham/ North Lincolnshire-ish)

Anyone else got plans?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3662
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm
Looking forward to Dambuster Triathlon this Sunday

The course is in and around Rutland Water which is a gorgeous part of the country (South Nottingham/ North Lincolnshire-ish)

Anyone else got plans?

Yes. A massive feckin fry up! 😎

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2277
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:42 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm
Looking forward to Dambuster Triathlon this Sunday

The course is in and around Rutland Water which is a gorgeous part of the country (South Nottingham/ North Lincolnshire-ish)

Anyone else got plans?
After a bit of a disaster at Brighton Marathon I fell pretty heavily off the wagon for a few months. Getting back into stride now though and ostensibly in the London Marathon training window.

However...knee is pretty fragile atm so have been doing circuits and swimming, which are starting to grow on me. Circuits being done with my class pass free trial, finishing with one this evening. Will probs reinvest in it though as it's stuff I won't do otherwise and it's helping a lot. The swimming is done with the tri club. I usually avoid it as I'm bad at swimming, however I've started to go regular the last two weeks and the improvements are coming, although I'm still rather slow. Need to book a race in though, I've no idea where my running is atm.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8464
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:34 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:42 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm
Looking forward to Dambuster Triathlon this Sunday

The course is in and around Rutland Water which is a gorgeous part of the country (South Nottingham/ North Lincolnshire-ish)

Anyone else got plans?
After a bit of a disaster at Brighton Marathon I fell pretty heavily off the wagon for a few months. Getting back into stride now though and ostensibly in the London Marathon training window.

However...knee is pretty fragile atm so have been doing circuits and swimming, which are starting to grow on me. Circuits being done with my class pass free trial, finishing with one this evening. Will probs reinvest in it though as it's stuff I won't do otherwise and it's helping a lot. The swimming is done with the tri club. I usually avoid it as I'm bad at swimming, however I've started to go regular the last two weeks and the improvements are coming, although I'm still rather slow. Need to book a race in though, I've no idea where my running is atm.
There's the HSV sprint tri at the De Havilland campus in Welwyn/ Hatfield (Sprint. Flat. Pool)
I believe there is a Dartford series across the summer
London Triathlon (in the docklands) is boring but a good test.
Lots of options down there.

After this Sunday I only have Salford Standard at the end of July so am scouting round for a couple more.

Good luck with the recovery. Research work on the adductor and abductor muscles to help support the knee.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 36 guests