Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Last day today
New role starts Tuesday
Now for a few days in the sunny Lake District.....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm
Last day today
New role starts Tuesday
And you celebrated by eating lots of doughnuts. :grin: When does the ‘my body is a temple’ Ironman eating start?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Last day today
New role starts Tuesday
And you celebrated by eating lots of doughnuts. :grin: When does the ‘my body is a temple’ Ironman eating start?
After post Parkrun breakfast on Saturday. Not saying which Saturday, mind!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Last day today
New role starts Tuesday
I'll never make Ironman if I keep doing Post Park Run Brekkies.......

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Last day today
New role starts Tuesday

You’re not up for one this weekend? 😉

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:53 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Last day today
New role starts Tuesday

You’re not up for one this weekend? 😉
Actually no. Got a friend coming to stay so we'll be elsewhere engaged.......mainly the pub.........much healthier.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:06 pm

My broody bantam has been sitting on eggs. 3 hatched this evening! So exciting! (Hoping they aren’t all cockerels!)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:06 pm
My broody bantam has been sitting on eggs. 3 hatched this evening! So exciting! (Hoping they aren’t all cockerels!)
I know we've had this discussion before but how did you know to leave those eggs to hatch rather than chuck em in a frying pan/boiling water? I have a morbid fear of the eggs in my fridge hatching :shock:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
I know we've had this discussion before but how did you know to leave those eggs to hatch rather than chuck em in a frying pan/boiling water? I have a morbid fear of the eggs in my fridge hatching :shock:
Because these were fertilised by a cockerel whereas the normal eggs they lay aren’t, as we don’t have a cockerel. Eggs only hatch into chicks if a. They are fertilised by a cockerel and b. They are then incubated, either by a hen or artificially. Your Tesco (free range I hope) eggs aren’t suddenly going to make you a chicken daddy!

That said, we did have rather a grim moment last week where I removed an egg that I thought had been laid by one of our other non broody bantams and it turned out to be one of the fertile ones. Poor Mr GG did get rather a nasty, gross shock when he opened it which I won’t go into in to much detail for fear of scarring the city boy for life… :vomit:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:48 am

5 now! 🐣
Attachments
16CC65DD-FC19-4D4D-9373-AAB1FCBAD1BC.jpeg
16CC65DD-FC19-4D4D-9373-AAB1FCBAD1BC.jpeg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 15359 times

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:45 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Nice one. Unfortunately, due to the exorbitant price of feed, Our Kid's no longer replacing his chooks as they die off. The price he'd have to charge for eggs is now making the whole thing prohibitive. Sad really.
Still, at least it means I've now discovered Clarence Court Mabel Pearmans's Burford Brown eggs as a replacement. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:24 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Because these were fertilised by a cockerel whereas the normal eggs they lay aren’t, as we don’t have a cockerel. Eggs only hatch into chicks if a. They are fertilised by a cockerel and b. They are then incubated, either by a hen or artificially. Your Tesco (free range I hope) eggs aren’t suddenly going to make you a chicken daddy!

That said, we did have rather a grim moment last week where I removed an egg that I thought had been laid by one of our other non broody bantams and it turned out to be one of the fertile ones. Poor Mr GG did get rather a nasty, gross shock when he opened it which I won’t go into in to much detail for fear of scarring the city boy for life… :vomit:
Well at least you didn't start the explanation this time with "When daddy chicken and mummy chicken are in love,in a committed relationship.."
:shock: :D

If i understand your explanation properly, your hen would/might normally lay chucky eggs for eating but in this instance you've pimped her out so she can have chicks?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:24 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Well at least you didn't start the explanation this time with "When daddy chicken and mummy chicken are in love,in a committed relationship.."
:shock: :D

If i understand your explanation properly, your hen would/might normally lay chucky eggs for eating but in this instance you've pimped her out so she can have chicks?

Kind of, she didn’t get to actually do the fun part of baby making! :wink: She’s technically a surrogate. Not her eggs and she’s never met the father!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:24 pm

How very modern!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:45 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Nice one. Unfortunately, due to the exorbitant price of feed, Our Kid's no longer replacing his chooks as they die off. The price he'd have to charge for eggs is now making the whole thing prohibitive. Sad really.
Still, at least it means I've now discovered Clarence Court Mabel Pearmans's Burford Brown eggs as a replacement. :)
Aye, feed has gone up lots. Just hope the market doesn’t get flooded with loads of cheap EU eggs because of it when their welfare rules are even worse then ours.

And check you out with the posh eggs!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:34 pm

Meant to post this on Saturday but I still can't put pictures up on here.

We watched the match last Saturday via the Platinum Suite. A treat for my 89 year old father in law, a season ticket holder for donkeys years, but ill health and caring for his late wife means he'd not been to a match in nearly 10 years.

Post match, we watched with amusement lots of kids and parents chasing Connor Bradley and Jon Dadi for pictures and autographs, all of them nipping past 2 middle aged blokes who largely went unnoticed. The 2 blokes, Super John and Scott Green came over to our table and spent 20 minutes with the father in law, chatting about past games, goals and the caricatures that he used to draw for the match day programme. He's a pretty morose old chap at the best of times but he was beaming from ear to ear by the time we left. What a belting pair of blokes they both are.

If you're interested- Greeny's favourite goals for us are, Crewe at home & Chelsea and Spurs away, the latter being a little dink over the keeper in a 2-2 comeback draw.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:20 pm

Splendid tale. A real smile-raiser :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:29 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:34 pm
Meant to post this on Saturday but I still can't put pictures up on here.

We watched the match last Saturday via the Platinum Suite. A treat for my 89 year old father in law, a season ticket holder for donkeys years, but ill health and caring for his late wife means he'd not been to a match in nearly 10 years.

Post match, we watched with amusement lots of kids and parents chasing Connor Bradley and Jon Dadi for pictures and autographs, all of them nipping past 2 middle aged blokes who largely went unnoticed. The 2 blokes, Super John and Scott Green came over to our table and spent 20 minutes with the father in law, chatting about past games, goals and the caricatures that he used to draw for the match day programme. He's a pretty morose old chap at the best of times but he was beaming from ear to ear by the time we left. What a belting pair of blokes they both are.

If you're interested- Greeny's favourite goals for us are, Crewe at home & Chelsea and Spurs away, the latter being a little dink over the keeper in a 2-2 comeback draw.

Gladdens my heart does that. The fact that someone else finds it difficult posting pictures on here.

Oh, and the Dad/ Mcginley/ Green thing too........ :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:34 am

I've always loved the fact that John Mac has ben truly Bolton since he came here. A true adopted son. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:09 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:29 am
Gladdens my heart does that. The fact that someone else finds it difficult posting pictures on here.

Oh, and the Dad/ Mcginley/ Green thing too........ :D

:lol: