Go Mexico!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Go Mexico!

Post by sluffy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:29 pm

A thread in honour of our TW Mexican friends showing our support for their country (as long as they keep out of England's way!)

The first sighting of a Mexican this World Cup was 'little Dracula' the ref in charge of the England game. He made some odd decisions - including Gerrad's booking, but generally did not descend to Barry Knight's level of officiating!

The Mexican team itself played well and the 'Brazillian' who came on as a sub at half time was the inspiration behind their 3 - 1 win.

Only bad news was Borg's 'hamstring' which may well rule him out for the rest of the tournament.

Only question I have is - was the Mexican Manager wearing that tie for a bet?

Bring on Angola!!!

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Go Mexico!

Post by Muse » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 pm

Yeh good luck to Mexico pity about the borg if it is his tournament over but they looked good in the second half. Wonder if Sam could get Borgetti to have a word with that brazillian Zhina and get him on the books he changed the game when he came on.

(should this not be in the world cup thread though)

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:45 pm

Muse wrote:(should this not be in the world cup thread though)
Ooops yes :oops: - Please could someone move it - thanks!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:21 pm

Sorted ;)

I want Mexico to do well, I've always liked them, even before Borgetti came here.

I thought it was good that Mexico won today, especially when that guy had just returned to the team after going back home after his father died. Pretty touching moment him crying at the end of the game.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:38 pm

The thing I liked about Mexico was that all their players were wholeheartedly singing the national anthem, the first time I've seen that this tournament. It annoys me when half a team,s players don't bother.

Bad luck for Borgetti, I hope he can come back later in the tournament.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:19 pm

chris wrote:The thing I liked about Mexico was that all their players were wholeheartedly singing the national anthem, the first time I've seen that this tournament. It annoys me when half a team,s players don't bother.
Agreed, doesn't Neville come across as a miserable Manc shitbag - again?
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by furiamex » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 am

Great victory for the mexican squad today. As you can imagine, the entire country has come to a standstill, and will probably continue to celebrate until our next match against Angola. Borgetti played some uneventful 40 minutes before coming off the pitch with may seem a small hamstring injury. No official word yet on the extent of the injury or wheter he will be able to play again in the WC. Good news is that he wasn't carried off in a stretcher nor he looked in excruciating pain. Marquez was awesome, and even draw a clear foul inside the goal area that should have been called a penalty shot. Mexico is now in first place in its group, after Portugal's defeat of 1-nill against Angola. Looks like we will make it to the next round after all, and then, well, anything is possible.

Here are spme pics of the match.

The TRI before the match

The Borg in action

The Marquez of the pitch

The goal scorers: Bravo (2) and Zinha

Thanks for the best wishes, and hope we meet in the finals.
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:00 pm

Great win by Mexico. I really liked that Zina chap.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:03 pm

Mexico are always my second team in the finals... and I'm well chuffed they won. Marquez was absolutely phenominal at the back... a playmaker too! Man of the match by a country mile. It was a shame that The Borg was so quiet, but he'll pop up again. Mexico to top the group!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:10 pm

chris wrote:The thing I liked about Mexico was that all their players were wholeheartedly singing the national anthem, the first time I've seen that this tournament. It annoys me when half a team,s players don't bother.
I was wondering if the Paraguayan anthem had any words - certainly none of the players sang. Why does England have God Save the Queen (which is really UK) instead of Land of Hope and Glory or something more particularly English?
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:13 pm

sluffy wrote:
The first sighting of a Mexican this World Cup was 'little Dracula' the ref in charge of the England game. He made some odd decisions - including Gerrad's booking, but generally did not descend to Barry Knight's level of officiating!
He made some very odd decisions against England especially in the second half. Crouch looked like setting a tournament record for giving away the most fouls, poor chap.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Bad luck for Borgetti, I hope he can come back later in the tournament.
it wasn't just the players. cousins of mine were at the match and told me that the fans were singing the national anthem as well and it was LOUD.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:15 pm

I thought god save the quenn was sang superbly, all players (except for neville) sang it wholeheartedly, even ferdinand!!! and the fans yet again did their country proud, Once again we have the most travelling supporters and the worlds most vocal supporters, a rumoured 270,000 have made the trip to Germany, with only 25,000 tickets per game if not less, that is phenomenal and Im proud that we can generate this kind of support when there is always so much press negativity towards our national team.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:I thought god save the quenn was sang superbly, all players (except for neville) sang it wholeheartedly, even ferdinand!!! and the fans yet again did their country proud, Once again we have the most travelling supporters and the worlds most vocal supporters, a rumoured 270,000 have made the trip to Germany, with only 25,000 tickets per game if not less, that is phenomenal and Im proud that we can generate this kind of support when there is always so much press negativity towards our national team.
We were laughing at the Gary Neville thing too, the miserable get! Personally I reckon the rest of the squad told him that no one was going to sing but secretly they'd agreed to go for it just to make him look stupid.

Honestly though I really can't remember the players singing like that ever before; even just last week it was an embarrassing mumble.
Businesswoman of the year.

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:05 pm

the borg is out for the Angola match....may see more of Bravo (w/ either Franco or Fonseca)

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:03 am

picaro wrote:the borg is out for the Angola match....may see more of Bravo (w/ either Franco or Fonseca)
Injury didn't look to bad though on TV, he seemed to come off for a more precautionary reason than a serious injury. Hope that he's ok for the Portugal game. I guess that he's not match fit after spending so much of last season sitting on Bolton's bench, not surprising that his hamstrings are a bit tight.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:50 pm

I like Mexico too. They're so composed passing it around and are always thinking. Anyone we can buy? I like Marquez where"s he?
What could've happened; did.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Borgs out for 10 days so He'll miss the second group game

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:19 pm

mullayo wrote:I like Mexico too. They're so composed passing it around and are always thinking. Anyone we can buy? I like Marquez where"s he?
only at Barcelona. i suppose if sam has any ambition he'll dig out the £15m plus needed to sign him

he looked by far the best player in that game did marquez. where's champ man legend jesus arellano?

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:26 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
mullayo wrote:I like Mexico too. They're so composed passing it around and are always thinking. Anyone we can buy? I like Marquez where"s he?
only at Barcelona. i suppose if sam has any ambition he'll dig out the £15m plus needed to sign him

he looked by far the best player in that game did marquez. where's champ man legend jesus arellano?
on the bench i think, "cabrito" arellano has been a bit unconsistent.....

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=448759

for those who can read in spanish and for those who can't the article is about "kikin" fonseca going out at night with a wrestler's mask and hanging out with fans :lol: