PSP

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

PSP

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:38 am

Any of you young uns know about the PSP? Debating buying one for my holidays as my GBA is boring me now.

Any good, value for money?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:59 am

Alreet

Yeah I've had one for about 6mths, play it all the time. Really good value, if you get one with a larger memory card, say a 2Gb one, you can download video and TV shows to your PSP to watch on the move.

I went to Mauritius with work in November, took my PSP with me and played it non-stop for 12hrs (obviously I took my charger with me#0. Battery life is about 5hrs, and some of the games are awesome.

Essential Purchases

-Pro Evolution Soccer
-Splinter Cell Essentials
-Football Manager 2006
-Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories
-Burnout

Did I mention the Wireless capabilities? Within a certain radius it is possible to play againstanother PSP user over a WiFi connection, and only one of you needs to have the game you are playing. Awesome stuff when you have an office with 4 or 5 people all playing a Wireless GTA death match.

Most satisfying.

Buy one.

Barry Siddall's Sideburns
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barry Siddall's Sideburns » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:01 am

you can also surf the net using a wifi connection, though typing in web addresses is a bit painful - the trick is to build a set of favourites and stick to those.

I agree with the comment about th 2GB card - using some cheap conversion software you can squeeze an average movie into about 250-300 meg, and also stack a load of MP3's on there.

Graphics quality is excellent

BEWARE - the MOVIES they sell in the US are not compatible with our machines - just like the DVD's - got back with some cheap snazzy games for the kids this week only to find they are region coded and as yet have not found anywhere that provides hacker instructions on overriding the region code.
Last edited by Barry Siddall's Sideburns on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSS

It's Not Where You Are; It's Where You're At. :)

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Barry Siddall's Sideburns wrote:you can also surf the net using a wifi connection, though typing in web addresses is a bit painful - the trick is to build a set of favourites and stick to those.

I agree with the comment about th 2GB card - using some cheap conversion software you can squeeze an average movie into about 250-300 meg, and also stack a load of MP3's on there.

Graphics quality is excellent

BEWARE - the games they sell in the US are not compatible with our machines - just like the DVD's - got back with some cheap snazzy games for the kids this week only to find they are region coded and as yet have not found anywhere that provides hacker instructions on overriding the region code.
No the games are not usually region coded on the psp, the movies are though. If you get one you can download some free stuff and sign up for wifi ect here..

http://www.yourpsp.com/psp/locale.html

Barry Siddall's Sideburns
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barry Siddall's Sideburns » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Muse

Yes sorry you're right- the games work ok - they are universal - it is the UMD movies - I picked up Spiderman 2 for about $16 but it won't play.
BSS

It's Not Where You Are; It's Where You're At. :)

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:37 pm

Barry Siddall's Sideburns wrote:Muse

Yes sorry you're right- the games work ok - they are universal - it is the UMD movies - I picked up Spiderman 2 for about $16 but it won't play.
I was sent that for free when i signed up on the site i posted. I don't particularily want it you can have it if you want pm me.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:43 pm

Was only the gaming I was bothered about, not movies.

I read on a few sites that Fifa 2006 is better than pro Evo?

Is footy manager good? Say how does it compare to PC versions of Champ Man etc

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:26 pm

I have one and I've rigged it up to play old arcade style games on it too like Pacman, Tetris, SpadeInvaders, MarioKart and all the oldschool ones aswel as the new ones, i play it quite often although some games I find the controls fiddly ie; Pro Evo is much better on a standard Playstation, but thats enough from me! I'm not a geek honest!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:00 pm

If you buy FIFA, then you will go on my list of enemies.

Pro Evo is the best. No second chances for FIFA.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Batman wrote:If you buy FIFA, then you will go on my list of enemies.

Pro Evo is the best. No second chances for FIFA.
I compleatly agree Pro Evo shits all over FIFA, its not so good on the PSP cos its slower loading and the controls are more difficult to use. But i would still always choose to play it over FIFA the amount of times i have had mates round bought a case of beer and played evo is just rediculous. We even staged a full on Evo tournament based on Euro 2004, which i won :D , some greats times and such a good game.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 pm

I have played Pro Evo all the time since I got mine, and I love it to bits.

I downloaded an update that corrects all kits, squads, names etc and it changes the experience completely.

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:33 pm

So i take it i'm the only one with a DS then...

V good value for money SH, and there backwards compatible, so you can play your GBA games, and there will be a load on the cheap what with the DS Lite coming out...

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:18 pm

Nintendo is for kids and the DS looks a bit poo graphics wise