Pins and Needles

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Pins and Needles

Post by Gertie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:04 pm

I've just been for a consultation with an acupuncture practicioner about some treatment in conjunction with traditional medical advice that I'm also having with the hospital. I've read that doing both can help speed your recovery.

The acupuncturist was lovely and friendly and was very knowledgable but I'm not sure I'm totally in tune with all alternative practices and wonder if I won't be able to let it work unless I totally believe it all.

A girl I work with had acupuncture for severe sickness when she was pregnant. It didn't work and she ended up on drugs they give people who are undergoing chemotherapy to stop her being sick all the time. So perhaps acupuncture didn't stand a chance with such a severe condition.

I'm slightly sceptical but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has found it to be beneficial?? I'm also a bit scared about the needles.

Thanksx

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:18 pm

I think there is too much evidence to dismiss it totally, not all drugs work for everyone, so there's no reason this should be any different.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:39 pm

I had a course of accupuncture last year. It didn't do anything for me, but then again, there's no recognised cure for the problem I have, so it was a long shot to start with.

There's plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that it can be beneficial for some people, and the reasons for that are beginning to be understood. Go into it with an open mind and see what happens.

There's no need to be afraid of the needles. They don't hurt.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:52 pm

I wonder how much of it is in the mind. A pal of mine gave up smoking by using accupuncture and she's absolutely convinced that she wouldn't have been able to do it without. I think she's talking absolute shite to be honest, but if that's what she feels got her through it then fair play.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:46 pm

I think that accupuncture is in the mind, it will give people belief that they will be cured, and if they do get better they will believe it was accupuncture. But who knows?

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:24 pm

a friend of mine with a bad back he goes & its worked a treat for him. Was in pain all the time and now
he's back playing footy. Still crap at footy mind.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Its all in the mind.

If you are convinced that it will do you good, then it will.

If you think its a load of bollocks then you have no chance to start off with.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS