England - Ecuador

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:24 pm

Hoolio wrote:
Batman wrote:Just cos he scored a free kick?

Shame on you Hoolio
No. Never, ever take your captain off, unless he's injured. Or called Gary Breen.

If you believe that Beckham is actually the captain ON the pitch, then you are much deluded.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:24 pm

it wasn't shit keeping, he and his wall were positioned correctly, that ball could not have been any closer to the post
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Come on man, take off your tinted specs. The keeper was half a yard away from his post!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:30 pm

Batman wrote:Come on man, take off your tinted specs. The keeper was half a yard away from his post!
get real it's a bloody good free kick, end of story. The fact that he's done f* k all apart from that is another matter entirely.

Now Fat Frank, he wants dropping.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:32 pm

You're saying that, when he scores in a minute he will be the bees knees. Agreed though, he is shite, and fat.

It was a good free kick, it was also shitty goalkeeping.

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:35 pm

Oh dear - Jamie " I can only pass backwards " Carragher is coming on :roll:
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:37 pm

Good to see the pitchside microphones are picking up the caring nature of Rooney's language.

Plus Beckham chucking up on the sidelines.......can anyone find the video of Zidane spewing during France v England at Euro 2004?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:40 pm

not at all Beckham's been a positive liability for 60 minutes and I would agree with you sentiments to sub him off my point is solely on the quality of the free kick and the unfortunate timing of Frankie's comments. If fat frank scores, fair play to him but it'll be the first decent thing he's done in this game.

I'd be giving Ashley cole our man of the match and plaudits to Carrick & Hargreaves. Hargreaves isn't a full back but he's done a job today, no small feat behind Beckham. Rooney's come in to the gam emuch more in the second half and is having some success now.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Yet Rooney doesn't look like scoring himself.

Still as many negatives as positives.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:01 pm

His 1st goal for England for 15 months wins the game, so I guess that's why he's playing, but apart from that Beckham did nothing for the other 89 mins. I think that I'm right in that it was the only meaningful shot that England got on goal in the whole match.

Very poor performance against a team that was equally inept for much of the game. I know that it was hot and humid but the England team did not look very fit and struggled for much of the time.

But having said that they won and are in the Quarterfinals and that can't be too bad.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:06 pm

Batman wrote:Yet Rooney doesn't look like scoring himself.

Still as many negatives as positives.
You are an idiot, there was nothing wrong with the goal keeping for Beckhams great goal. I agree he was shite though. You have a go at J.Cole, who ha sbeen fantastic in this world cup. Your just a negative idiot. I suppose you would prefer us to fly Kevin Davies out and build our team around him?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Careful with the anger there son, you are yelling at a PC screen.

I haven't even mentioned Joe Cole except for the diving, which dominates his game. He was poor today, they ALL were, bar the other Cole, and Rooney every now and then.

Try reading before you type.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Batman wrote:Careful with the anger there son, you are yelling at a PC screen.

I haven't even mentioned Joe Cole except for the diving, which dominates his game. He was poor today, they ALL were, bar the other Cole, and Rooney every now and then.

Try reading before you type.
Try not patronising if you want to make a valid point. I am not yelling at a PC screen, i am typing on a keyboard.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:29 pm

Point taken, in that case, ignore my patronising comment and respond to my point.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:31 pm

I thought we were alright today. Alot more positives than negatives.

Barring one good game from the Argies, and a decent one from Brazil. We've been as good as everyone else.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I thought we were alright today. Alot more positives than negatives.

Barring one good game from the Argies, and a decent one from Brazil. We've been as good as everyone else.

You are talking about the Dutch, right?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:38 pm

The Plusses:

Ecuador weren't as good as we thought they'd be.
Rooney lasted the full ninety minutes and got better as the game went on.
Lennon was excellent, albeit for the final five minutes - should have been on earlier.
Hargreaves was a better option than Carragher at right-back - Carragher/Beckham together on the right is a no-no.
Robinson took a sneaky time-out when England were reeling.
Carrick played well - much better than most people here would have predicted.
Beckham's defensive duties improved - thank God!
The only Tech Support call I got during the game was at half-time.
I'm thinking of moving to Ecuador. Hubba-hubba!

The Minusses:

The service to Rooney for most of the game was poor.
Someone's stolen Fat Frank's shooting boots. That's not big or clever. Give them back now!
Robinson is giving me the heebie-jeebies. The trouble is the alternatives are heebier-jeebier.
Robinson is kicking out of hand far too often and giving the ball away.
Beckham's attacking contribution, other than the goal, was limited. But what a goal!
The first substitution seemed to be another Sven special. Shut up shop but leave the back door open.
Bald, middle-aged, fat, tattoed, cockerninny England fans please stop singing 'Rule Britannia'. Britain's not playing.
Sven and MacLaren are still having trouble solving that Sudoku grid.
I'm going to have to improve my Spanish before getting that ticket to Quito.
Last edited by Little Green Man on Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Hello England supporters.

Might be worth mentioning that we reached the quarter finals. We don't pick our route and what we've done hasn't been pretty..but we got there. If Lampard had put away just one of his chances you might have been heralding a good performanxce against a side that beat Brazil and Argentina to qualify. We were asking miracles of Rooney up front on his own and he did a good job. Still don't know why he didn't play free off Crouch, but all in all we did okay. Carragher is no use as an England player and Hargreaves and Carrick did well.

As the words of the song go: "I don't care how you get there, just get there if you can"
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Little Green Man wrote:The Plusses:

Ecuador weren't as good as we thought they'd be.
Rooney lasted the full ninety minutes and got better as the game went on.
Lennon was excellent, albeit for the final five minutes - should have been on earlier.
Hargreaves was a better option than Carragher at right-back - Carragher and Beckham is a no-no.
Robinson took a sneaky time-out when England were reeling.
Carrick played well - much better than most people here would have predicted.
Beckham's defensive duties improved - thank God!
The only Tech Support call I got during the game was at half-time.
I'm thinking of moving to Ecuador. Hubba-hubba!

The Minusses:

The service to Rooney for most of the game was poor.
Someone's stolen Fat Frank's shooting boots. That's not big or clever. Give them back now!
Robinson is giving me the heebie-jeebies. The trouble is the alternatives are heebier-jeebier.
Robinson is kicking out of hand far too often and giving the ball away.
Beckham's attacking contribution, other than the goal, was limited. But what a goal!
The first substitution seemed to be another Sven special. Shut up shop but leave the back door open.
Bald, middle-aged, fat, tattoed, cockerninny England fans please stop singing 'Rule Britannia'. Britain's not playing.
Sven and MacLaren are still having trouble solving that Sudoku grid.
I'm going to have to improve my Spanish before getting that ticket to Quito.
Isn't it great! Fat Frank can't score for toffee in an England shirt, but put him on the Reebok pitch and he can't miss!!

Thank goodness someone else has noticed! Your singing about a nation that has a country that openly supports every team we play against!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Hargreaves did well.
:D Thanks Tango man - somebody thinking the same as me :D
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "