Go Mexico!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:26 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you believe that Lionel Scaloni is Argentina's rightback for this game, after the first choice got injured last game? Surely those famed Mexican wingers will murder him...
Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.

Out in the round of 16 again, just goes to show you that FIFA can protect whoever they want in the group stages but they can't do much about the knock-out.
Wow, and I defended you against some English bitterness in another thread! I know how you and Mexico feel about eachother but pull yourself together man.

Mexico were absolutely outstanding. Seriously, they played some amazing football worthy of a world class team. They were so positive, committed and organised all the way through and there was great inventiveness and variety about their tactics. You have to bear in mind the quality of the opposition to appreciate how good they were. Marquez is arguably the best defender in the world, and the rest were none too shabby either. It was a classic game and the standard of the football was unbelievable.

Hazerduz, Picaro - how do you feel about the game? You must be incredibly proud, once the disappointment has subsided.

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:05 am

50sQuiff wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you believe that Lionel Scaloni is Argentina's rightback for this game, after the first choice got injured last game? Surely those famed Mexican wingers will murder him...
Yeah, good point, can we please stop all the Mexico fellating? If you can't beat a team with Scaloni in it then go home. I thought it was a typical Mexico performance, 9 guys behind the ball, only goal from a set piece, most overrated team on Earth.

Out in the round of 16 again, just goes to show you that FIFA can protect whoever they want in the group stages but they can't do much about the knock-out.
Wow, and I defended you against some English bitterness in another thread! I know how you and Mexico feel about eachother but pull yourself together man.

Mexico were absolutely outstanding. Seriously, they played some amazing football worthy of a world class team. They were so positive, committed and organised all the way through and there was great inventiveness and variety about their tactics. You have to bear in mind the quality of the opposition to appreciate how good they were. Marquez is arguably the best defender in the world, and the rest were none too shabby either. It was a classic game and the standard of the football was unbelievable.

Hazerduz, Picaro - how do you feel about the game? You must be incredibly proud, once the disappointment has subsided.
Quiff I have to agree, this was the game of the tournament so far. Fantastic end to end football from start to finish, both sides had chances to win it in normal and extra time. If England had played Mexico today we would have been bummed 2 or 3 nil at least. IF we get past Ecuador this afternoon we will be out next round as usual as we are being led by the biggest con man the world has ever seen and unfortunatley for us all we have is his groomed sidekick to look forward to for the next 2 years at least. I am praying that we don't qualify for the euro's so that Maclaren is fired and we get the man who should have got the job in the first place if we had had a bit of patience. Scolari, a born winner.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 am

Batman wrote:Borg looked sharp, was unlucky.
He was the best player on the pitch last night... for Argentina! More of a danger to his own team than the opposition. If Mexico had more of a cutting edge up front, they would have won last night. Unfortunately all their excellent build-up play was wasted whenever the ball ended up at Borgetti's feet. 'Desert Fox' my arse!
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:21 am

What a game!! Bravo to both Mexico and Argentina for putting on a football clinic! The game was very open, with both teams showing no respect what so ever for one another. Mexico showed me last night that they are truly a World class team with some exellent players (I really hope Sam was watching!!)

What impressed me the most was how Mexico insisted on playing the ball out of their defence, no matter how much pressure they were under. Not once did I see them lump the ball up the pitch when under pressure (I really hope Sam was watching!!)

Though he got slated by the pundits, I thought Borgetti had a good game and worried the Argies all match, so much so that they decided to man mark him thoughout the second half (I really hope Sam was watching)

I great effort Mexico, bloody unlucky (I reeeeally hate the Argies!! Rolling around on the floor everytime they were touched :evil: )

The good news? Either Argentina or Germany WILL be knocked out at the quarter final stage :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:41 am

trotter58 wrote:
He was the best player on the pitch last night... for Argentina! More of a danger to his own team than the opposition. If Mexico had more of a cutting edge up front, they would have won last night. Unfortunately all their excellent build-up play was wasted whenever the ball ended up at Borgetti's feet. 'Desert Fox' my arse!
Borgetti got his "Desert Fox" tag on what he's already done for Mexico. Argentina gave him enough respect to have two men around him evey time the ball went near him. He didn't do anything to deserve ridicule IMO.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Excellent game, Heinze should have been sent off, very good goals, exciting attacking football from both sides with most balls on the ground.

Borgetti played very well, two very good strikes on goal and showed how he can lead the line in a footballing side. Hope Sam was watching!!!!!!!!!!!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:He didn't do anything to deserve ridicule IMO.
He didn't do anything full stop.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 pm

trotter58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:He didn't do anything to deserve ridicule IMO.
He didn't do anything full stop (apart from scoring for Argentina!)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
trotter58 wrote:
Borgetti got his "Desert Fox" tag on what he's already done for Mexico. Argentina gave him enough respect to have two men around him evey time the ball went near him. He didn't do anything to deserve ridicule IMO.
I thought Borgetti looked sharp (especially seeing as he was returning from injury), and was unfortunate not to get that one ball he needs on his head.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:35 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: I thought Borgetti looked sharp (especially seeing as he was returning from injury), and was unfortunate not to get that one ball he needs on his head.
Aye, the one ball he did manage to get crossed into him seemed a difficult chance and he was just on the edge of the box so I hardly say it was a chance. Mexico can be proud at what they gave last night with only a moment of magic knocking them out against arguably the best side in this world cup so far.

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:51 pm

50sQuiff wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

the last goal was &%$# fantastic! i was just disappointed with the lack of shooting outside the box in extra time. the game was being taken to the Argies but they were always looking for the inside pass into the box instead of just shooting when an oppurtunity was given just outside. i am disappointed because of all the S American teams we struggle against the Argies the most...but i have to agree it was the best match in the WC thus far. by the way H Ped...don't playa hate!