Owen Hargreaves - an apology

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:39 pm

Olé!!!!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:44 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Olé!!!!
Très bien, commie, à votre santé!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Owen Hargreaves - an apology

Post by sluffy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:48 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Owen

in the past I have wondered what the hell you were doing pulling on a shirt for England. I've watched as you've been brought on as a sub and you skipped about, ran around and didn't achieve much.

But you've proved me, and no doubt many others, very wrong. Having finally been put in the position you play at club level you excelled. You covered at right back behind a woeful Beckham and were dependable. Today you have surpassed anyone's expectations.

Today you have worn the 3 lions and have been the epitomy of the lion at the heart of the England team. Plaudits will be bestowed on the 10 men who fought so bravely, the back 4 that have performed so well but you have outshone them all.

The tireless running through extra time can only be admired. The tackle after tackle defending in front of the back 4 and the covering for them magnificent. Then to cap it all you've gotten forward and created chances.

A stunning performance throughout 2 hours of football. Owen Hargreaves I salute you.

Commie.
Well said Commie - I totally agree.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Stick me on the Hargreaves accolade list. He was terrific.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gertie wrote:rose I ant' get it to work
Hold down the alt key and press the number 1 3 0 on the numeric pad, not the the top of the keyboard, and then let go of the alt key. Your numeric pad might be amongst the keys on a laptop - if so put the num lock on or whatever is required to get numbers
Or alternatively hold ctrl and alt then press e - é

I agree with commie Hargreaves played very well today and proved all his critics wrong

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:01 am

If only he could use his incredible engine to be looking constantly to get on the ball when his teammates have it, as well as breaking up the play when the opposition do, then he'd be a great player.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:53 am

in the past I have wondered what the hell you were doing pulling on a shirt for England. I've watched as you've been brought on as a sub and you skipped about, ran around and didn't achieve much.

But you've proved me, and no doubt many others, very wrong. Having finally been put in the position you play at club level you excelled. You covered at right back behind a woeful Beckham and were dependable. Today you have surpassed anyone's expectations.

Today you have worn the 3 lions and have been the epitomy of the lion at the heart of the England team. Plaudits will be bestowed on the 10 men who fought so bravely, the back 4 that have performed so well but you have outshone them all.

The tireless running through extra time can only be admired. The tackle after tackle defending in front of the back 4 and the covering for them magnificent. Then to cap it all you've gotten forward and created chances.

A stunning performance throughout 2 hours of football. Owen Hargreaves I salute you.

Commie.
One of the best performances of anyone in an England shirt for quite some time. Would love him playing for Bolton.

Scored the only Penalty as well, Ricardo got to it but it was better placed and had suffiicient pace to beat him. You could see his commitment to the cause in the way that he celebrated that goal. He may be a Canadian playing in Germany but his heart is obviously in England.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:22 am

i've never seen a single player performance like it.
he was phenomenal. best performance from one single player this World Cup.

Milky_Joe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Milky_Joe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:22 pm

Sign him up!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:i've never seen a single player performance like it.
he was phenomenal. best performance from one single player this World Cup.
And what a great way to tell everyone to kiss his arse!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:05 pm

Hargreaves was of course outstanding, but this doesn't alter the fact that he shouldn't have been in the starting XI, at least, not in that position in the first place. Since when has Rooney played as a lone Striker? Surely Crouch should have started in a 4-4-2 to hold the ball up/knock it down/play it in for Rooney to come onto. Of course, everyone could see this except for one man. Go on, Ericsson. Feck off and good riddance.
May the bridges I burn light your way

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Go on, Ericsson. Feck off and good riddance.
Hear hear!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Hargreaves played like Gattuso, the way in which he broke from midfield and drove at the Portuguese defence. He has to look for the ball more to start off attacks, ie like Campo but that was his only slight flaw yesterday but if he could do that he'll be as good as or better than Genaro.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Could have told you that before Commie watching him play week in week out.

Previous seasons I reckon when fit he is the 3rd name on the Bayern teamsheet after Ballack and Kahn.
Well now I guess he will be 2nd pick.
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:59 pm

What you all don't realise is that Owen plays in the German Bundthingy League. The rest of the England Squad playing in the Prem or La Liga. Point is: If Rooney has a stinker of a game for England then Scores 3 past given for the Scum to win Newcastle then you would say Rooney had an off game for England.

Now Hargreves has a stinker for England then goes and has a great game for Munich then. The BRITISH public dont see the Munich game so Hargreves is Crap!

The Prem Live games on Sky every week in papers too.
La Liga Live games on Sky every week.
bundesliga Highlights late at night.

Hope you all got that point!
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:55 am

Kylofski wrote: The BRITISH public dont see the Munich game
Not all :)
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:39 am

HARGREAVES FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:32 pm

keveh wrote:HARGREAVES FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN!
:D Hope that's tongue in cheek.

I agree with commie whole heartedly (except the Beckham bashing)

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:06 pm

Hargreaves is a fantastic player and i glad to see he proved some idiots wrong on Saturday.

Miles better player than Gattuso by the way.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:49 pm

Commie.
Good man.

We had a massive argument about him a few months ago, and he's done everything I said. He is actually probably the best player of the tournament from an England aspect.

Drop one of the two underperformers and start Hargreaves deep? You bet.