Wimbledon 2006

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:18 am

blurred wrote:BBC in 'appointing Oxbridge student as voice of the masses' shock... ;)

Seriously though, good luck with getting on there. Half interested me when it came up, but then I remembered I'm far too lazy to bother doing anything like that! :D
I thought the Oxbridge issue would probably hold me back too, but maybe the fact that your next comment alludes to is what has got me to this stage - not many people in the 18-25 bracket are (a) sad enough to be regular Question Time watchers; and (b) sad enough to then have a mate film them talking nonsense for 60 seconds and email it to the BBC.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:43 am

kevopey wrote:Henman was unlucky ,,,, wasn't he ?,,,,,,,,,,,, :oops: :oops:
To draw Federer in the second round, yes. And, to be honest, to have to play him so soon after having to go five sets against Soderling - I can't believe the Wimbledon authorities scheduled it like they did. Still, Federer is awesome and it is unlikely that another day would have done anything but delay Henman's drubbing.

I'd love to see Nadal get his grass court game together, as he's the only one who could look at Federer from the other side of the net and genuinely fancy it. Unfortunately, I think it's extremely unlikely.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:32 am

Can you please upload your 60 second clip to YouTube? :D
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:24 am

Athers wrote:Can you please upload your 60 second clip to YouTube? :D
Not a chance! :D :oops:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:09 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
On an un-related Wimbledon point - has anybody else noticed how implausibly attractive Murray's girlfriend is?

Hmm what do you think she sees in the acne-riddled teenage millionaire?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:07 pm

Excellent result for young Mr Murray yesterday. Bruce will be so pleased.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:18 pm

warthog wrote:Excellent result for young Mr Murray yesterday. Bruce will be so pleased.
Aye, this seems to be buried under all the post England hype. Well done to the lad, got 2-0 record against Roddick, not bad at all. The next round will be tough, Baghdatis had an excellent Austalian Open, intersting to see how he does on the grass. Its an exciting match up.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:
warthog wrote:Excellent result for young Mr Murray yesterday. Bruce will be so pleased.
Aye, this seems to be buried under all the post England hype. Well done to the lad, got 2-0 record against Roddick, not bad at all. The next round will be tough, Baghdatis had an excellent Austalian Open, intersting to see how he does on the grass. Its an exciting match up.
A good thing, since it stops the media putting the usual ridiculous amount of expectation on a British player's shoulders (note that he's British now, not Scottish :wink: )

Saw a replay of the match this afternoon. Murray was exceptional at times.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:30 pm

warthog wrote:it stops the media putting the usual ridiculous amount of expectation on a British player's shoulders (note that he's British now, not Scottish :wink: )
Balls ya great steamin' galah! My Aussie boy'll be grinning like a shot fox and cracking a fat one just as soon as he's put paid to your Scottish drongo's hopes. Now then, where's my corked hat? :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
warthog wrote:it stops the media putting the usual ridiculous amount of expectation on a British player's shoulders (note that he's British now, not Scottish :wink: )
Balls ya great steamin' galah! My Aussie boy'll be grinning like a shot fox and cracking a fat one just as soon as he's put paid to your Scottish drongo's hopes. Now then, where's my corked hat? :mrgreen:
I presume you're talking about the vile piece of slime that is Lleyton Hewitt. How could you?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:47 pm

Well actually, the real problem with Aussies doing well at Wimbledon, Warty, is that you can't get served a drink in London! They're all too busy down on Henman Hill. Hmmm, I'm down there all this week, might have to reconsider this one! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:49 pm

In the unlikely event that anybody was interested in my quest for stardom, the news is that I will not be appearing on Question Time on Thursday night. The person to whom I spoke on Wednesday was the head of Political Programmes at the BBC, and not the Editor of Question Time. I was told the wrong thing - that I was definitely going to London to compete for a place on the programme. What in fact had happened was that I had made a 10-person shortlist from which the student producers had to pick four candidates - the next part of the feck-up was that the 6 people who hadn't made it were not called when the decision was made, and the Executive Editor Ric Bailey posted this on the internet, which was the first I knew of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2 ... ammes.html

All in all, I am very pissed off with all of this and wish I had never heard a fecking thing from them, not least because I have now given my Centre Court Wimbledon ticket away and could never ask for it back from someone who has always wanted to go and who has taken time off work and made travelling arrangements. I was told yesterday morning that they'd try and sort me a ticket out for Thursday from their other chums in the BBC, but as yet I have heard nothing.

So anyway, it seems that the Student Editors didn't want an Oxbridge student to be the 'voice of the masses' after all - the other half of the 'brace of Cambridge undergraduates' mentioned in the article wasn't one of the four from the last ten either.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:47 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:In the unlikely event that anybody was interested in my quest for stardom, the news is that I will not be appearing on Question Time on Thursday night. The person to whom I spoke on Wednesday was the head of Political Programmes at the BBC, and not the Editor of Question Time. I was told the wrong thing - that I was definitely going to London to compete for a place on the programme. What in fact had happened was that I had made a 10-person shortlist from which the student producers had to pick four candidates - the next part of the feck-up was that the 6 people who hadn't made it were not called when the decision was made, and the Executive Editor Ric Bailey posted this on the internet, which was the first I knew of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2 ... ammes.html

All in all, I am very pissed off with all of this and wish I had never heard a fecking thing from them, not least because I have now given my Centre Court Wimbledon ticket away and could never ask for it back from someone who has always wanted to go and who has taken time off work and made travelling arrangements. I was told yesterday morning that they'd try and sort me a ticket out for Thursday from their other chums in the BBC, but as yet I have heard nothing.

So anyway, it seems that the Student Editors didn't want an Oxbridge student to be the 'voice of the masses' after all - the other half of the 'brace of Cambridge undergraduates' mentioned in the article wasn't one of the four from the last ten either. Who fancies a bet that it'll be 'Sarah Hajibagheri' who gets on?
The Student editor was probably rejected from either Oxford or Cambridge, I lived with three Oxbridge rejects last year and every single one of them said a similar thing, "I'm glad I didn't get into Oxbridge, I enjoy it here". Bollocks, you'd want to get into either of the uni's, its a golden ticket in any kind of career. There is a stigma attached to students that go there mummy amongst other students, a sort of inferiority complex. I wouldn't worry about it too much mate, you might get tickets to the mens semi final day instead, much better.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:40 am

Wimbledon should be watched for.....

Go on love show us your fk face.....

and not because of ............

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:13 am

How much noise does Sharapova make??? Can you imagine what she's like in bed????

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:33 am

communistworkethic wrote:How much noise does Sharapova make??? Can you imagine what she's like in bed????
Oh yes.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:45 am

warthog wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:How much noise does Sharapova make??? Can you imagine what she's like in bed????
Oh yes.
Do you think she snores???

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:01 am

Gertie wrote:
warthog wrote:
Oh yes.
Do you think she snores???
She wouldn't get chance to fall asleep. :twisted:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:39 am

I'm constantly trying to!

8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:56 pm

I tried to imagine it once and then had to have a lie down in a very cold room

Coat please :)