Red Hot Chili Peppers

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Post by Marshall » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Anyone catch one of their Manchester shows over the past few days? (or any of the other on their current tour?)

I went to the Tuesday offering. It was an excellent gig, and they performed better than how I've seen them on tv before. They perhaps didn't have quite as much energy as I thought they would, but musically they were very good (despite a few muck ups from the guitarist).

But in all honesty, I was disgusted that they didn't play Under the Bridge. I paid nearly £50 for a ticket, and the fact that they didn't play their most well known hit (probably) was a huge disappointment to me and by the looks of it 20,000+ fans. You'd have put money on them ending with it, but instead finished with a 10 minute or so instrumental piece.

So I guess that spoiled an otherwise excellent concert.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:44 pm

Saw them at T, not a fan sorry............ went to watch Sigu Ros instead.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:53 pm

Never been a huge fan, but i would like to go see them and have them give that song a miss. I must've heard that damn song 1,000 times by now.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:51 am

Went on the last tour "By the Way" at the MEN and they did indeed play 'Under the bridge' and 'Californication' - Enjoyed it.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:12 am

Athers wrote:Went on the last tour "By the Way" at the MEN and they did indeed play 'Under the bridge' and 'Californication' - Enjoyed it.
Ditto.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

white blood
Promising
Promising

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Post by white blood » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Marshall wrote:Anyone catch one of their Manchester shows over the past few days? (or any of the other on their current tour?)

I went to the Tuesday offering. It was an excellent gig, and they performed better than how I've seen them on tv before. They perhaps didn't have quite as much energy as I thought they would, but musically they were very good (despite a few muck ups from the guitarist).

But in all honesty, I was disgusted that they didn't play Under the Bridge. I paid nearly £50 for a ticket, and the fact that they didn't play their most well known hit (probably) was a huge disappointment to me and by the looks of it 20,000+ fans. You'd have put money on them ending with it, but instead finished with a 10 minute or so instrumental piece.

So I guess that spoiled an otherwise excellent concert.
Apparently they played it on the wednesday night, i didnt get to either show, but am a massive fan. just read Antony Keidis's autobiography - top read, he has had one fecked up life.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:52 pm

Got the new album (Stadium Arcadium) but not listened to it yet.

Just listening as i post to the new Paul Weller live album.
Have read rave reviews about it, and must say its very good.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:37 pm

RHCP sold out about 3 albums back...

pity
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:28 am

my friends went in Reading, and phoned me during several songs, including under the bridge. They enjoyed it, but i also know a few people who went in Coventry and said it was shit :?
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Athers wrote:Went on the last tour "By the Way" at the MEN and they did indeed play 'Under the bridge' and 'Californication' - Enjoyed it.
I went to that and they didn't play Californication...must have been on the other night then :shock:

I didn't want to pay £50 to see them this time because they tend not to mix their sets up or anything like that, but not to worry

BobMcfluff
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BobMcfluff » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:19 pm

I went to the ipswich gig, and it was fantastic, even though I took two pints to the face.

Lots of blood though, looked very manly :D

Albums good too