Does anyone know......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Does anyone know......

Post by Bench » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:21 pm

I thought this would be a good opportunity to start on of those threads, whereby you can put to the site-at-large anything that may be currently stumping or troubling you, or just a niggling question that you must have answered. Lets see how it goes....

Here's mine: does anyone know how to convert Apple (read iPod) music files into a standard mp3? My wife has downloaded (read purchased) some music files off t'interweb via iTunes. I have a Sony mp3 player and, rather than purchase the same music again, have tried to upload (or whatever the term is) it to my mp3 - trouble is it won't find the buggering files because of the different format......

Any clues?
Smarties have answers.....

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:26 pm

You can burn them onto a disk, and then rip them into MP3's. I think anyways.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Does anyone know......

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:34 pm

Bench wrote:I thought this would be a good opportunity to start on of those threads, whereby you can put to the site-at-large anything that may be currently stumping or troubling you, or just a niggling question that you must have answered. Lets see how it goes....

Here's mine: does anyone know how to convert Apple (read iPod) music files into a standard mp3? My wife has downloaded (read purchased) some music files off t'interweb via iTunes. I have a Sony mp3 player and, rather than purchase the same music again, have tried to upload (or whatever the term is) it to my mp3 - trouble is it won't find the buggering files because of the different format......

Any clues?
AT's solution is perfectly acceptable - unless you have loads of tracks - in which case it's lots of CD's and time..

so..

http://www.hymn-project.org/

or

http://www.imtoo.com/video-to-audio-converter.html

(I think the former only works on pre-version 6 Itunes)

good luck!

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:36 pm

You could try Windows media player to search for the tracks on your computer then use the sync option to place it on the Sony mp3player.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Does anyone know......

Post by a1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:40 pm

Bench wrote:I thought this would be a good opportunity to start on of those threads, whereby you can put to the site-at-large anything that may be currently stumping or troubling you, or just a niggling question that you must have answered. Lets see how it goes....

Any clues?
you mean strip the 'copy protection' off them?

this guy has done it in the past

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_jon ..

just wait for when you need to reload windows or buy a new computer and the 'files' might not even work on itunes/ipod anymore ...

itunes songs are AAC now and the sony gear might not play even standard aac 's so even if you do the 'de-protect' bit you might need to convert them to mp3 too ..

the easiest answer might be 'get them again from a snidey place'

'copy protection' sucks balls...

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:14 pm

I don't know the answer to the question, but I do know this is the reason why you shouldn't buy DRM-crippled and low-quality music from Apple.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:35 pm

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Why dont you just download them for nout?
limewire is probs the best fiel sharing program out
i recomend
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:59 am

Mackem_and_proud wrote:Why dont you just download them for nout?
i recomend
Because we're not thieving scallys from the North East; we're law abiding NorthWestoners. :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 am

i recomend

or... you could nick the CD's from WHSmiths and then rip 'em....

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:13 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
i recomend
Because we're not thieving scallys from the North East; we're law abiding NorthWestoners. :mrgreen:
Paying for stuff you couyld get for free? Sounds like southerner behaviour to me!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
i recomend
Paying for stuff you couyld get for free? Sounds like southerner behaviour to me!
have you grasped the concept of theft?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house