Tevez and other blokey!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Tevez and other blokey!!

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:53 pm

SIGNED PERMAMENT DEALS WITH THE HAMMERS :? :| :roll:
how the hell?
they were meant to be linked with chelski and man ure!
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

k-r-c
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by k-r-c » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Its something very dodgey.

Im a West Ham fan, and am over the moon that these two have joined, not only are they world class but its put our name on the map throughout the world.

But theres definately something wrong and MSI are at the heart of it, whether its to put the players in the shop window or its the first start of the take over of West Ham we shall have to wait and see.

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:57 pm

what exactly is this MSI!i've heard things about it but how can these be at the heart of it?!
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:59 pm

All i know that they are a group that owns the two players, that is run behind the scenes by some very rich, yet shady characters. Whether they be Abramovich or whoever.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:08 pm

Allardyce should have put in a bid for them. :(

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:10 pm

Ask yourself who owns Corinthians?

Media Sports Investment, a company registered in London whose backers are unknown

Ask yourself who the financial knowledge reckons owns Media Sports Investment?

Badri Patarkatsishvili, owner of the Georgian champions Dinamo Tbilisi, who is the wealthiest man in Georgia and is bankrolling his country's bid for the 2014 winter Olympics.

Now ask yourself who his bessie mate is?

Roman Abramovich, Boris Berezovsky, his exiled fellow Russian tycoon, and Badri have frequently been linked with the £18million takeover of Corinthians, the Sao Paulo club, last year. Badri described the Chelsea owner as 'a person of integrity' who 'has his own sense of pride and dignity'. Badri added: 'He is the man who keeps his word. And I always maintain warm relations with him.'

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/st ... 21,00.html

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:12 pm

West Ham surely have pulled a miracle off!
signed one of the best attacking footballers in the world! but shirley, i reckon it could be hard for him to adapt to the pace and tempo of todays beautiful game

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:27 pm

don't call me "Shirley"
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:40 pm

Seems very suspicious indeed! Is it a loan deal or permanent move?
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:42 pm

permanent.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:43 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:Seems very suspicious indeed! Is it a loan deal or permanent move?
It is permanent but I can't find anywhere that says how long they have signed for. It all seems very dodgy to me

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:Seems very suspicious indeed! Is it a loan deal or permanent move?
The BBC link -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 301068.stm

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:15 pm

Stop f*****g whinging. Who cares who bankrolls what, and who is best mates with who. End of the day, they are West Ham players. Typical scouser, always whinging.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Hoolio wrote:Stop f*****g whinging. Who cares who bankrolls what, and who is best mates with who. End of the day, they are West Ham players. Typical scouser, always whinging.
YOURE DEFINITELY MISSING THE POINT
Sto ut Serviam

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:29 pm

The head of MSI is on the radio. He has just said he had turned down an offer £30 million quid for one of the players before they went to West Ham.

He won't clarify that they are West Ham owned players - he just says it's a permanent non-disclosed deal. He says they've gone to West Ham to gain experience.

Seems to me likely that they are on loan from MSI to West Ham, rather than bought or loaned from another club. Either that or there is some deal in place to to use these players as leverage (shudders - horrible Americanism) to get a sizeable backdoor stake in Wham - I'd have thought they'd have to be more up front if that was the case though.

It's all a bit fishy (eely?), if you ask me.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:32 pm

Not especially impressed. A grandiose signing, but name me an Argentinian who has been a success in England recently.

Crespo - great player, booted out after 2yrs
Verson - see above
Heinze - shithouse

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:32 pm

Little Green Man wrote:The head of MSI is on the radio. He has just said he had turned down an offer £30 million quid for one of the players before they went to West Ham.

He won't clarify that they are West Ham owned players - he just says it's a permanent non-disclosed deal. He says they've gone to West Ham to gain experience.

Seems to me likely that they are on loan from MSI to West Ham, rather than bought or loaned from another club. Either that or there is some deal in place to to use these players as leverage (shudders - horrible Americanism) to get a sizeable backdoor stake in Wham - I'd have thought they'd have to be more up front if that was the case though.
MORE!!!!!!! :shock:

:P
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:45 pm

Little Green Man wrote:The head of MSI is on the radio. He has just said he had turned down an offer £30 million quid for one of the players before they went to West Ham.

wham is privately owned, so there isn't the same requirement to announce to the stock exchange as there would if it were a plc. If you say the players are worth £30million that's about 30% equity stake in the club based on the figures quoted last year. That would set them up nicely if they then came in in a few months time with another £60million cash.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:51 pm

communistworkethic wrote:

wham is privately owned, so there isn't the same requirement to announce to the stock exchange as there would if it were a plc. If you say the players are worth £30million that's about 30% equity stake in the club based on the figures quoted last year. That would set them up nicely if they then came in in a few months time with another £60million cash.
Any requirements to inform the FA about such a sizeable chunk?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:43 pm

Batman wrote:Not especially impressed. A grandiose signing, but name me an Argentinian who has been a success in England recently.

Crespo - great player, booted out after 2yrs
Verson - see above
Heinze - shithouse
Sorry Batty. I've got to disagree re Heinze. Serious class act in my opinion.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!