Oh what a friendly war!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Oh what a friendly war!

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Hope you are all catching the South American "friendly"international on BBC 1.

A 5000 metre race that stated off like a 100 metre dash. High velocity stuff between two teams with but one thought in mind....win! Lots of individual skills from both sides, a lightening fast goal from Brazil, who look deadly around the box, great defending from both sides and a preview of the new "Hammers"pair in action. Tevez is a real handful.

Brazil's left winger, Robhino, is getting far too much of the ball and Argentina may suffer for that. A masterclass of creative football and great entertainment. Argentina are having most of the play but Brazil look likeliest to score with their lightening fast breaks. 1-0 Brazil, half time.

Similar second half, no tired legs here, and similar result. Argentina great skills up to the box but no finishing edge, although Brazil's keeper made a couple of handy saves. Elano added another to his first half strike from a great assist from Kaka who then ran almost the length of the pitch for a great individual goal. Plenty fouls, mainly from Argentina who had Aguero and Milito booked in the dying stages, some classy diving and a couple of decidedly "friendly" decisions from Steve Bennet after scything kicks that, had they connected, would have felled a warhorse.

On the balance of play a draw would have been acceptable after a highly entertaining match. Argentina couldn't finish, Brazil could, in style. 3-0 and a great exhibition of creative football full of skill. New young Brazilian, Love, is one to watch.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Good read:D
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:28 pm

i'm suprised at home many Brazillian's play in Russia.
Vagner Love is one of them.

Kaka is probably my favourite player in the world.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:07 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:i'm suprised at home many Brazillian's play in Russia.

Brazilians playing in Russia is due to the MSI/Abramovich/their mutual friends connection. Still, makes the league stronger, I suppose.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:13 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:i'm suprised at home many Brazillian's play in Russia.

Brazilians playing in Russia is due to the MSI/Abramovich/their mutual friends connection. Still, makes the league stronger, I suppose.
I like the Russian league...suprisingly skilful! Remember Zenit? Even under a foot of water they showed plenty of good touches
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!