Jobs.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Jobs.

Post by cal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone on the forum who could suggest somewhere where I could apply for a part-time job as a 15 year old? Just in Bolton though, Referals, Papers.. All advice appreciated.

:)

Thanks
Cal

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:18 pm

if i lived in Bolton den i wudn't tell ya because im like you needing a job sucks tho dusn't it cant find a bloddy one anywhere but my advice is try cafes,Arcades,Papershops,Restruants (waiting or dishwashing)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:if i lived in Bolton den i wudn't tell ya because im like you needing a job sucks tho dusn't it cant find a bloddy one anywhere but my advice is try cafes,Arcades,Papershops,Restruants (waiting or dishwashing)
Perhaps you should have someone check the spelling on your application.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:25 pm

i'm only like this on my pc I'm quite good on paper or if i slow down i would be good

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:35 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:if i lived in Bolton den i wudn't tell ya because im like you needing a job sucks tho dusn't it cant find a bloddy one anywhere but my advice is try cafes,Arcades,Papershops,Restruants (waiting or dishwashing)
I'm probally just used to typing like this because I can type pretty quick but I'm sure most people on a Monday night cant be arsed spelling everything correctly... :p

I wish I could just find a good part-time job somewhere which gives me a little bit of extra cash at the end of each week, like a Saturday job.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 pm

TRY SMITHILLS COACHING HOUSE

THEY MIGHT EMPLOY RETARDS
Sto ut Serviam

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:27 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:TRY SMITHILLS COACHING HOUSE

THEY MIGHT EMPLOY RETARDS
:D :D :D Hahahahahahahaha! :D :D :D
Viva La Portable Radio!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:39 pm

There speaks a man with experience, no doubt.

Still, true.

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:30 pm

cal wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I'm probally just used to typing like this because I can type pretty quick but I'm sure most people on a Monday night cant be arsed spelling everything correctly... :p

I wish I could just find a good part-time job somewhere which gives me a little bit of extra cash at the end of each week, like a Saturday job.
Get a job as a Kichen Porter, its a good laugh, and the pay isnt crap. Almost every restaurant needs a kitchen porter that is reliable. You wont get any front of house work because of your age/confidence/experience!
Stay up

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:01 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:
cal wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Get a job as a Kichen Porter, its a good laugh, and the pay isnt crap. Almost every restaurant needs a kitchen porter that is reliable. You wont get any front of house work because of your age/confidence/experience!
I don't know who to approach to ask for a job. I'm not too fussed about the job, just the location :)

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:35 pm

McDonalds.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm

Hoolio wrote:McDonalds.
I don't think they employ under 16's though?

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:22 am

cal wrote:
They don't and they also won't employ you if you are still at school. ( I once had the pleasure of working there!)

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:31 am

dave1980 wrote:
cal wrote:
They don't and they also won't employ you if you are still at school. ( I once had the pleasure of working there!)
Me mates been working there since he was 15...hence the suggestion.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:51 am

Company Restaurant or Franchise?

Company Restaurants will only employ staff who are 16 (and above) years of age on 1st July. If your birthdays in July or August they will employ you on your 16th Birthday and not before. Its company policy and if you are found out to be under the required age you will get sacked. It happened in my restaurant once some charlie hired somebody underage and we had to fire them and tell them to comeback in a couple of months when they were old enough.