Michael Ricketts free and available!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Sam talked about him in the paper today, saying how he only has himself to blame for letting talent like that go. I agree. But i think he's worth offering him the chance to train with us until January, with a view to a short term low risk deal. He's at the last chance saloon, he has to pull his finger out sometime. It'd make Nolan happy anyway.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:42 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Sam talked about him in the paper today, saying how he only has himself to blame for letting talent like that go. I agree. But i think he's worth offering him the chance to train with us until January, with a view to a short term low risk deal. He's at the last chance saloon, he has to pull his finger out sometime. It'd make Nolan happy anyway.
Why not? His chances of recovery can't be any lower than Jardel, Ba or Jansen. He'd be free, we could pay him feck all and he better have learnt some humility after being turfed out of bloody Southend!
“Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity” - Tacitus

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:44 pm

Oh my word

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Sam talked about him in the paper today, saying how he only has himself to blame for letting talent like that go. I agree. But i think he's worth offering him the chance to train with us until January, with a view to a short term low risk deal. He's at the last chance saloon, he has to pull his finger out sometime. It'd make Nolan happy anyway.
When we are now looking at world class strikers and funds larger then they have ever been, we do not need to be looking at him. To be honest, we really don't need someone who can't even get into a Championship side, when we have the likes of Anelka, Diouf, Davies, Vaz Te, Stelios and Smith.

He had his chance, he was beloved and a future legend, but wickle old Bolton was to small for him. He wanted a bigger and better Premiership club like Brough who are now hovering over the relegation zone.

We owe Micheal Rickets nothing, we made him. We even got him into the England team. Everything that happened to him since, is his doing no one else's.

Thanks but no thanks!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:48 pm

F-cking Felgate is without a club, why don't we get him back??

Some people :crazy:

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm

Batman wrote:F-cking Felgate is without a club, why don't we get him back??

Some people like er.. Sam Allardyce? We don't need to take any strikers on at the moment, but if we did how would Ricketts be that different to some of the other players we've signed these last few years?
“Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity” - Tacitus

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:17 pm

Weren't we after Tristan not so long ago? When we had Anelka/Vaz Te/Diouf/Davies/Stelios/Smith. Same kinda thing. If Ricketts could get back to the way he was, he'd be an addition to any team. And he's only 27.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Weren't we after Tristan not so long ago? When we had Anelka/Vaz Te/Diouf/Davies/Stelios/Smith. Same kinda thing. If Ricketts could get back to the way he was, he'd be an addition to any team. And he's only 27.
Which takes both the time and effort of Sam Little Sam and the backroom staff. time and effort that could be spent on the players we have (adapting Anelka for one), and the players we put on the pitch. If time and effort should be given, I would rather it was given to a creative midfielder that has been brought in, rather then another attacker.

At this rate, we would have more forwards/strikers then Spurs have midfielders!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:31 pm

50sQuiff wrote: We don't need to take any strikers on at the moment, but if we did how would Ricketts be that different to some of the other players we've signed these last few years?
Yes................................. and no. Rickett's ability is unquestioned, well, at least it is by those of us that have seen what he is capable of. His problems are all in relation to application, and what a staggering number of people on this very site seem to have forgotten is that he exhibited those exact same problems WHILST AT BOLTON and well before his England cap. Michael Ricketts was the laziest sod on earth when given 90 minutes and only ever showed what he was capable of when coming off the bench and/or given a point to prove. Has everyone forgotten how he regained form in the pre-window December?Has everyone forgotten the row that surfaced between Allardyce and Ricketts over who knew best? Ricketts is only any good when told that he isn't quite good enough, however as far as he's concerned he doesn't need to prove a single thing to anyone. If we were to ask him back then to his mind it would just be vindication as far as he'd be concerned that he was right all along, that he really is the big 'I am' and would serve to be the exact antithesis to that that is required by anyone that hopes to see him ever exhibit the sort of stuff that he fleetingly did in the past.
I can't think of a single signing that to me would represent a more retrograde step than the re-signing of Michael Ricketts.
May the bridges I burn light your way

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:11 pm

it seems some people want him back cos we should have pity on the poor lamb cos hes fallen on hard times and they feel sorry for him

BALLS!

what are we? a friggin charity organisation?

he made his bed - let him rot
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:19 pm

cowdrill wrote:it seems some people want him back cos we should have pity on the poor lamb cos hes fallen on hard times and they feel sorry for him

BALLS!

No, i want him back because he was a quality goalscorer, the likes of which we haven't seen for ages. Considering the attempts we've made with Jardel and Jansen, and the ones we would've with Tristan, i think it's worth a punt.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:20 pm

*speechless*

:|
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:32 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
cowdrill wrote:it seems some people want him back cos we should have pity on the poor lamb cos hes fallen on hard times and they feel sorry for him

BALLS!

No, i want him back because he was a quality goalscorer, the likes of which we haven't seen for ages. Considering the attempts we've made with Jardel and Jansen, and the ones we would've with Tristan, i think it's worth a punt.
On the striker front, we simply don't need to take any 'punts' on old strikers that have lost there way. We are a club that is now looking up and what's more proving it on the field. We are now scouting Europe for quality to take us to the next level. Yes he scored some crucial goals for us, and we were more then grateful. It was just a shame that he wasn't, I'd rather we were looking at players that would take us higher then ones who could maybe fit in twenty minutes if they could be arse.

Sorry but I would put Ricketts on the same shelf as Nathon Blake (could have been, if was arsed)

If anyone in the Premiership should be looking at him it should be Reading/Seff Utd or Watford. We are no longer in that league and shouldn't put ourselves in it.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

BALLS!

On the striker front, we simply don't need to take any 'punts' on old strikers that have lost there way. We are a club that is now looking up and what's more proving it on the field. We are now scouting Europe for quality to take us to the next level. Yes he scored some crucial goals for us, and we were more then grateful. It was just a shame that he wasn't, I'd rather we were looking at players that would take us higher then ones who could maybe fit in twenty minutes if they could be arse.

Sorry but I would put Ricketts on the same shelf as Nathon Blake (could have been, if was arsed)

If anyone in the Premiership should be looking at him it should be Reading/Seff Utd or Watford. We are no longer in that league and shouldn't put ourselves in it.
Whether we need to or not. Matt Jansen was training with us recently, and we were turned down by Tristan.

I don't see the harm that taking the big lad on would do.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:31 pm

i dont see what good it would do

he's total sh!t

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 pm

Moot point, it's never gonna happen chaps.

It's as likely as Phil Brown and Andy Todd having mad passionate man-sex.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:53 pm

Batman wrote:It's as likely as Phil Brown and Andy Todd having mad passionate man-sex.

LMFAO!! :lol:

hey, maybe thats why Toddy battered him?! cos Browny tried it on! :mrgreen:

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:23 am

How many clubs has he had since he left us? Have I missed any?

Middlesbrough
Leeds
Stoke
Cardiff
Southend
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:43 pm

Batman ... arff !!

Excellent.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonben
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonben » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Batman ... arff !!

Excellent.
Actually, getting Felgate back would be a great idea - then we could loan him out to Chelsea !