Fat Rafa Endears Himself to 50% of Merseyside

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:12 am

Dr.Karl wrote:
blurred wrote:
Yes, so if you ask were we the best side in the competition that year, I'd say no. If you asked whether we played the best football in the competition that year I'd say no. For God's sake we had Djimi Traore at left-back! But that's not what this topic, or the comments made by Benitez, or the comments to which I originally replied to were saying. What they were implying was that Liverpool were not a 'Big Club' compared to those sides that we met en-route to Istanbul, in the same way that Benitez has intimated that Everton are not a 'Big Club' in comparison to Liverpool. I still affirm that to say Chelsea/Juventus/Leverkusen/Deportivo or whoever are 'Big Clubs' in comparison to the most successful side in English football history, domestically and on the continent (and the only English side to have won any European trophy this decade, which we've done twice) is horse-shit.
I know Liverpool is a big club, but when Benitez infers only small clubs play for a 0-0 is ridiculous. Liverpool, a big club, have played for 0-0's under Benitez. Benfica away last season, a bigger club playing for a 0-0 at a small club.
Precisely what I was trying to say, Dr K. :wink:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:23 am

Rafa should get his own house in order first really

If they had won and he had said that then no comeback really

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:28 am

It blatantly just sour grapes from his part. He's the same with us, he doesn't win so he resorts to slagging the opposition off. In our case he slags us off then suddenly starts using the Bolton formation with 3 up top with thee 2 wider men dropping deeper.

He could do with looking at some other managers that at least give a bit of credit - thinking for us Mourinho and Fergurson, who are usually ok about us. Hell even Wenger was moderately nice before the cup game.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:35 am

Surely he has to look at his own managerial sklls and think "Why didn't we adapt and take advantage of the deep line they were playing" rather than say "we're the bigger club, don't they know they have to roll over and die"

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Yes Liverpool have been a very successful Club, so their manager should show some humility, as should those managing the so called other "big clubs". I don't remember Shankly or Busby talking like that. All teams are playing in the Premiership on Merit, even Spam, Watford etc, so all teams should be given equal respect by the Managers of all clubs. Arrogance among Managers, fans, etc is unnecessary and only brings themselves into disrespect. Having respect for your "enemy"is a strength shown by the best leaders, that's why Bush is such a bad leader.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:41 pm

FaninOz wrote:Yes Liverpool have been a very successful Club, so their manager should show some humility, as should those managing the so called other "big clubs". I don't remember Shankly or Busby talking like that.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden I'd draw the curtains"

"There are only two teams in Liverpool: Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Nah, never talked like that, did he? Perhaps because he wasn't foreign it's not so de rigeur to mock him? :roll: