England vs Spain, friendly 04/02/07 predictions/discussion

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

walkingdownthemannyroad
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Near e'nuff to t'Ainsworth,so as not to get wet when crawlin' om.

Post by walkingdownthemannyroad » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 pm

The only good thing about watching En-ger-land games is.........

Watching eleven millionaires making complete c*nts of themselves 8)
A wise old owl,lived in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more heard.
I wish I was that wise old bird.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 pm

communistworkethic wrote:After about 10 minutes I went for a poo instead. One big pile of shit is much like another, at least I got to read a magazine.
You saw the best part of the match then. After that it went progressively downhill.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

walkingdownthemannyroad
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Near e'nuff to t'Ainsworth,so as not to get wet when crawlin' om.

Post by walkingdownthemannyroad » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:11 pm

walkingdownthemannyroad wrote:The only good thing about watching En-ger-land games is.........

Watching eleven millionaires making complete c*nts of themselves 8)

Sorry, forgot about the seven millionaire subs who might have come on,to no effect.
A wise old owl,lived in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more heard.
I wish I was that wise old bird.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:34 am

Big Mac blaming the injuries? What a dick. those 11 men could have won.

why the feck crouch stayed on the pitch when it was clear he made 2 significant contributions to the game, 1 was to be caught offside repeatedly and 2 to commit fouls. Admittedly some were very tame, bordering on BWFC fouls but if he gets no change out of the ref, surely time to give someone else a try?

not one decent ball came from the left. Barry looked curiously out of his depth and Phil Nev betrayed his lack of crossing ability. and all the time Downing on the bench? either some dodge pact with southgate or determined not to look like he had favouritism.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:36 am

Downing shouldn't have been on the bench to start with, let alone being allowed near the pitch.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 am

communistworkethic wrote:Downing shouldn't have been on the bench to start with, let alone being allowed near the pitch.
quite possibly but Barry couldn't overtake the linesman and Lampard didn't have the discipline to stay out left

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 am

Having turned that sorry shower of shite off, I now want to know where I can get some of that Reggae Reggae Sauce from that that guy was trying to secure financial backing for on Dragon's Den.
May the bridges I burn light your way

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 am

I truly truly wanted Lineker to ask Ian Wright " So Wrighty - why is Shauny so shit, why can't he cross a ball and why can't he beat a defender".
The panel of experts said the defender was dropping off wright phillips, the reason he was doing that was because even he realised that no way was he going to go past him and also when he did his crosses were crap. If that had been anyone except SWP playing the panel would have given him a slagging off at half time.

The first action from Noleap Crutch was to put his arm across the defenders shoulders then look in amazement as the ref gives a free kick. Crouch > Davies - my arse.

Also don't start me off with why Terry Venables was in the dugout.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Having turned that sorry shower of shite off, I now want to know where I can get some of that Reggae Reggae Sauce from that that guy was trying to secure financial backing for on Dragon's Den.
http://www.reggaereggaesauce.com/index.html

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Having turned that sorry shower of shite off, I now want to know where I can get some of that Reggae Reggae Sauce from that that guy was trying to secure financial backing for on Dragon's Den.
That he makes in his kitchen? Given his graps of maths I'd be worried about him making it taste the same twice!

Hey, but at least he's on Harry Hill's TV Burp on Saturday! :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:36 am

communistworkethic wrote:That he makes in his kitchen? Given his graps of maths I'd be worried about him making it taste the same twice!
You'd invest though wouldn't you? You just make the sauce Levi, and I'll take care of business (from Waikiki). :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:That he makes in his kitchen? Given his graps of maths I'd be worried about him making it taste the same twice!
You'd invest though wouldn't you? You just make the sauce Levi, and I'll take care of business (from Waikiki). :wink:
Not with an order for 2,500 litres! Maybe if he had had an order for 2.5 million bottles!

De man, 'e smoke too much o' de 'erb, metinks!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 am

poor team, manager who will continue sven's values of how to approach games but is worse at getting results

no great shock we lost

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 am

not suprised

the players 'efforts' deserve no time spent slagging them o really, i cant be narsed

just thought id ppoint out the most overated player ever fat frank was out of his depth again

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 am

Bottom line of it all is that when we get up against players of international quality playing for their country, we just aren't good enough any more. Millionaire lifestyles do not beget graft and passion. I'd back Doncaster against that lot. "Die for your country"....yeah.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm

I went to the game, as I haven’t been to watch England before. There’s a first (and a last) time for everything. The team started well, but after about ten minutes, things began to look familiar.

The build up play was slow, players were making runs and getting the ball too late (or not at all) and once play got into the final third, the ball was hoofed into the penalty area to no one in particular. Yes, it was just like watching Bolton!

Crouch persisted in climbing all over defenders, even though he was penalised every time for it. You’re six feet seven, why do you need to do that? Kieron Dyer ran around like a headless chicken, albeit a pretty fast one and SWP could neither beat his man or get a cross in. Gerrard was awful in the first half and Lampard even worse in the second.

Strangely, I found myself sitting with a bunch of cockneys, the most vocal of which was a few rows in front of me.

“For fack’s sake England do summink with the ball!”

“Cam on, go right through the facking cants!”

Those complaining about being ripped off at the Reebok, should sample Old Trafford. My plans for a pre-match pint were scuppered when I found that the pubs close to the ground were charging £2 just to get in. Sod that, although there was no shortage of takers. Inside the ground it was £2.70 for a 330ml plastic bottle of Budweiser. Sod that as well.

I left with about 15 minutes to go, when McClaren started pissing about with the subs. Yes, purple face, I really want to pay £30 to see you turn the match into a farce.

The highlight of the evening was getting back to the car to listen to the post mortem with Ray Stubbs and an almost tearful Chris Waddle. Star of the radio phone in was George, an Arsenal and, somewhat avid, England fan.

“George, what was your impression of the match?”

“I’ll tell you now Ray, I’m going to Israel, but we won’t qualify for 2008…”

“George..”

“Lampard was useless, Gerrard was useless, we’ve no idea…”

“George…”

“We can’t pass the ball around like they do, I’m sick of watching this rubbish and I’ll be in Tel Aviv next month, but we won’t qualify for 2008…

“GEORGE!...”

“What?”

“Turn your bloody radio off, we can’t hear a word you’re saying.”

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:05 pm

i didn't enjoy as well when carragher came on and we started playing unattractive long ball football. i also didn't appreciate the bully boy tactics of navarra at all. would fit perfectly in the prem

are you listening rafa?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:31 pm

warthog wrote:
Strangely, I found myself sitting with a bunch of cockneys, the most vocal of which was a few rows in front of me.

“For fack’s sake England do summink with the ball!”

“Cam on, go right through the facking cants!”
i find it unfathomable that anyone could get so worked up about such an utter non-event

Bwfcraig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bwfcraig » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm

McClaren walking past the angry mob in the stands straight after the game -the thoughts running through his head, what has he let himself into.
:lmfao:
Englands performance has been covered - "Sack the Steve" ringing out? He needs a perfomance of Arsenal proportions to save his blushes.
http://www.premierleague.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Chelski

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:09 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 344313.stm

shit eating steve sticks up for shit eating steve.