Nozzas Promotion Party Report.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Nozzas Promotion Party Report.

Post by Nozza » Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Set off Saturday morning as we were off to Newmarket races for the Guineas festival. After actually finding the place, we got there in time for a pint, pie and bet for the first race. I didn't win in this race, and the horse missed out on a place by a head. Went for a wander around the race course, and bumped into Freddy Eastwood of Southend. He's a good lad and said he wants to stay at Southend, but it isn't up to him. More star spotting and we bumped into Christopher Kamara. He said Sunderland would win the league. He also told us to back Cockney Rebel in the main race.

Anyways, I lost on the 2nd race too and my lass was getting annoyed that I hadn't put anything on Cockney Rebel cos "the guy with the weird tash" told us to. Off to the bookies, and managed to find an independent bookies offering odds of 30/1. In a moment of stupidity, I backed it to win, rather than Each/Way. As the race started, I was having a piss. Managed to get back to my mates and lass just as the commentator said "..And Cockney Rebel wins it". £300 won for me, £150 for me lass as she only backed it with a 5er. In the predictions thread, I backed Dutch Art. I forgot about this as it was an internet bet, until my mate asked how much I'd won. I didn't win much, but made a nice profit online.

I had no further luck on the races on Saturday.

Luton is a shit night out. £6 for a pint of Heineken and a single Malibu and coke. :roll:

Woke up Sunday morning with a sense of anticipation. But still ticket-less. Walked through the newly opened Luton Travelodge to see a sea of red and white Sunderland shirts in the canteen. Most didn't have tickets, it would emerge.

Luton city center is very nice, the area around Kenilworth Road, isn't. Without wanting to sound racist, the place wasn't akin to Bangladesh. However, the people were friendly enough. Couldn't find a pub, so had to go to Sainsburys. Had a few cans and went into a now open Sports Bar. It was packed with Sunderland and we were pleasantly surprised to be offered tickets in the home end for £40 each. We needed 4, and he had 5 and wasn't willing to sell a single by itself. A random Sunderland fan came with us.

The match was mint, but it was hard to keep quiet when news filtered through of Prestons goal at Deepdale. When the match finished, and celebrations were happening, most of the main Luton stand was full of Sunderland fans. Keane said he wanted a proper performance yesterday, he got one. We could have won by 10.

One sour note to end the weekend, was the fact that the Wetherspoons in Luton was a designated "home fans" pub. When the pub manager came out, he told us to "write to the fcuking company if you don't like it." I am.

Rumours of 8,000 fans there are grossly exaggerated.

Class weekend.

Just hope we do something like Bolton, and build on this.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 pm

i hope you come straight back down!

again :mrgreen:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Mich Caine

Re: Nozzas Promotion Party Report.

Post by Mich Caine » Mon May 07, 2007 8:53 pm

Nozza wrote:Set off Saturday morning as we were off to Newmarket races for the Guineas festival. After actually finding the place, we got there in time for a pint, pie and bet for the first race. I didn't win in this race, and the horse missed out on a place by a head. Went for a wander around the race course, and bumped into Freddy Eastwood of Southend. He's a good lad and said he wants to stay at Southend, but it isn't up to him. More star spotting and we bumped into Christopher Kamara. He said Sunderland would win the league. He also told us to back Cockney Rebel in the main race.

Anyways, I lost on the 2nd race too and my lass was getting annoyed that I hadn't put anything on Cockney Rebel cos "the guy with the weird tash" told us to. Off to the bookies, and managed to find an independent bookies offering odds of 30/1. In a moment of stupidity, I backed it to win, rather than Each/Way. As the race started, I was having a piss. Managed to get back to my mates and lass just as the commentator said "..And Cockney Rebel wins it". £300 won for me, £150 for me lass as she only backed it with a 5er. In the predictions thread, I backed Dutch Art. I forgot about this as it was an internet bet, until my mate asked how much I'd won. I didn't win much, but made a nice profit online.

Luton is a shit night out. £6 for a pint of Heineken and a single Malibu and coke. :roll:

Woke up Sunday morning with a sense of anticipation. But still ticket-less. Walked through the newly opened Luton Travelodge to see a sea of red and white Sunderland shirts in the canteen. Most didn't have tickets, it would emerge.

Luton city center is very nice, the area around Kenilworth Road, isn't. Without wanting to sound racist, the place wasn't akin to Bangladesh. However, the people were friendly enough. Couldn't find a pub, so had to go to Sainsburys. Had a few cans and went into a now open Sports Bar. It was packed with Sunderland and we were pleasantly surprised to be offered tickets in the home end for £40 each. We needed 4, and he had 5 and wasn't willing to sell a single by itself. A random Sunderland fan came with us.

The match was mint, but it was hard to keep quiet when news filtered through of Prestons goal at Deepdale. When the match finished, and celebrations were happening, most of the main Luton stand was full of Sunderland fans. Keane said he wanted a proper performance yesterday, he got one. We could have won by 10.

One sour note to end the weekend, was the fact that the Wetherspoons in Luton was a designated "home fans" pub. When the pub manager came out, he told us to "write to the fcuking company if you don't like it." I am.

Class weekend.

wtf - is this an essay? I can't be arsed reading all that, sum it up in one line for me.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon May 07, 2007 8:55 pm

Mich Caine wrote:
Nozza wrote:Set off Saturday morning as we were off to Newmarket races for the Guineas festival. After actually finding the place, we got there in time for a pint, pie and bet for the first race. I didn't win in this race, and the horse missed out on a place by a head. Went for a wander around the race course, and bumped into Freddy Eastwood of Southend. He's a good lad and said he wants to stay at Southend, but it isn't up to him. More star spotting and we bumped into Christopher Kamara. He said Sunderland would win the league. He also told us to back Cockney Rebel in the main race.

Class weekend.

wtf - is this an essay? I can't be arsed reading all that, sum it up in one line for me.
Learn to read.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Mon May 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Nozza wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:

Class weekend.

Learn to read.
Nozza, I like Sunderland very much, I am from Durham. But I am a very busy man, I have no window of opportunity right now to spare 2 hours to read that. But well done on promotion, Niall Quinn is such a top bloke I am so happy for him.
Can I ask, are you a bit psssed off Roy Keane didn't want an open top bus parade to show off their trophy? I think that is a bit silly, you have to celebrate the moment!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon May 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Looked a lot of Sunderland in the home end after the first goal, less so once the second went in - hope you kept yourself quiet and avoided any stewards!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm not bothered about the open top parade, they seem a bit tacky and we usually end up with eggs on our faces the season after!

I'm more annoyed at the Football Leagues decision to not award us the trophy. :(

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm

Nozza wrote:I'm not bothered about the open top parade, they seem a bit tacky and we usually end up with eggs on our faces the season after!

I'm more annoyed at the Football Leagues decision to not award us the trophy. :(
Thought that was a bit of a shame really, but it serves you right for leaving it 'til the last day! :wink:
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Tue May 08, 2007 1:13 am

Mich Caine wrote: wtf - is this an essay? I can't be arsed reading all that, sum it up in one line for me.
Well said. Does anyone else give a shite about Sunderland and this stupid party? I don't.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue May 08, 2007 1:35 am

not really

but manners cost fack all
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Tue May 08, 2007 1:37 am

cowdrill wrote:not really

but manners cost fack all
Well he's been having digs at me just because I gave my opinion on smoking. Like I've said before, I'll get blamed for it all even though it was me who gave my opinion on something, which a forum is supposed to be all about.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue May 08, 2007 1:40 am

no i didnt mean you

i meant mitch!

:o

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue May 08, 2007 7:28 am

Nice report Nozza. Congrats on promotion. I hope that the Premier League doesn't bite you up the arse. I think you are far better prepared this time around. We'll see.

Don't pay too much attention to Mich Caine's graceless comments. He is this site's equivalent of Quasimodo's hump, after all. Just something that's always hanging around, you can't get rid of and you just have to learn to live with. The bells! The bells! :roll:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue May 08, 2007 8:12 am

The thread title is pretty explanatory, anyone moaning should shut the feck up and ignore the thread if they don't want to read it. It's especially rich from the "burger flipping skiver" and the "tax-dodging unable to get of his arse and go further than the end of Hyde Park Rd to get some bread student" who both seem to have had little to do on BH Monday.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue May 08, 2007 8:18 am

There really are some ignorant people on this site! :evil:

Neither of which have anything to brag about themselves!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue May 08, 2007 8:23 am

Congratulations Hoolio (like that name better) Nothing wrong with a Northern team winning the league, and I am glad you all came back from the abysss. Stick it to the Geordie scum next year Sam or not!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue May 08, 2007 9:29 am

communistworkethic wrote:The thread title is pretty explanatory, anyone moaning should shut the feck up and ignore the thread if they don't want to read it. It's especially rich from the "burger flipping skiver" and the "tax-dodging unable to get of his arse and go further than the end of Hyde Park Rd to get some bread student" who both seem to have had little to do on BH Monday.
Must have been a good night last night for Commie. He is sticking up for me. :o

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 am

Good report Nozzlio, or whatever it is you're called these days.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Tue May 08, 2007 1:14 pm

good stuff hoolio/nozza

shut up mich caine

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Tue May 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Nozza wrote:I'm not bothered about the open top parade, they seem a bit tacky and we usually end up with eggs on our faces the season after!

what's that about, did I miss something? :conf: