The TW Open 2007

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

do we want another TW Open?

yes
30%
no
5%
don't care
14%
golf is for fat middle aged men with awful jumpers and faggots (the Cowdrill option)
51%

Total votes: 37

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
blurred wrote:
communistworkethic wrote: Blurred - 15 (serves you right for last year!! :twisted: )
It's an anti-scouse conspiracy, stopping us Liverpool fans winning things, moan moan, grumble grumble. Where's me book of condolence and dead chicken? Youse are worse than UEFA, it's all your fault, etc.
A little bird (not a chicken) tells me you should check the "Spot the celebrity" thread. :wink:
Unless Commie shows some mercy on me (or even a proper understanding of the 3/4 handicap rule in stableford competitions!) then it's unlikely that life will be imitating Tango's art where I am concerned....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:14 pm

I have no mercy!! I've hacked twice off my own handicap what I have off yours!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:23 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I have no mercy!! I've hacked twice off my own handicap what I have off yours!
As I say - that's the whole point!

Players who are off 18+ tend to shoot 90+ because they throw in a couple of 8s, which they are not punished for in the Stableford format, thus weighting it in their favour, unless everyone plays off 3/4.

Your progressive taxation of handicaps is criminally unfair - now come on, you do not need a shot a hole in a stableford competition!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:29 pm

Is this all booked in advance yet?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:33 pm

I've been practising, be very afraid. (Mind you, that could equally apply to those on adjoining fairways). :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I've been practising, be very afraid. (Mind you, that could equally apply to those on adjoining fairways). :mrgreen:
Or anyone in Wales, I'd wager. :mrgreen:
Smarties have answers.....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Is this all booked in advance yet?
I think Commie's checking for any last minute entries from people who may have missed this...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Bench wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I've been practising, be very afraid. (Mind you, that could equally apply to those on adjoining fairways). :mrgreen:
Or anyone in Wales, I'd wager. :mrgreen:
You've been spying on me. I'll have you know that farmer had a heart attack. :twisted:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:I have no mercy!! I've hacked twice off my own handicap what I have off yours!
As I say - that's the whole point!

Players who are off 18+ tend to shoot 90+ because they throw in a couple of 8s, which they are not punished for in the Stableford format, thus weighting it in their favour, unless everyone plays off 3/4.

Your progressive taxation of handicaps is criminally unfair - now come on, you do not need a shot a hole in a stableford competition!
it's not a democracy, I haven't got a shot a hole, tough

and as I have 2 stableford comps this week my resolve my be strengthened further :twisted:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:45 pm

Git.

Anyway, I've just texted Bolton Billy to see if he can make it this year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Just to clarify Commie: Do I get 28 actual shots, or three-quarters of it? It's just to work out how many birdies, eagles and albatrosses I need. :wink:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Bolton Billy says that he hasn't played since Feb, but to pencil him in and he'll confirm.

BoltonBilly
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Post by BoltonBilly » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Barring disasters I'll be there! My club handicap is 23.3. To save me reading the thread can someone kindly put up what time we're teeing off and what the format will be. I only live half a mile from Regents Park so I'll be last minute!

Thanks for asking.

Now who's running the book?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:30 pm

BoltonBilly wrote:Barring disasters I'll be there! My club handicap is 23.3. To save me reading the thread can someone kindly put up what time we're teeing off and what the format will be. I only live half a mile from Regents Park so I'll be last minute!

Thanks for asking.

it's stableford - roughly 3/4s of handicap - you're therefore on 18 for the event (i've given you 1 extra as you've not played for a while)

We;ll be teeing off about 11ish - (TBC as we can only book 1 week in advance)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:36 pm

communistworkethic wrote:it's stableford - roughly 3/4s of handicap
Or 2/5, depending on the organiser's caprice.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:39 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
BoltonBilly wrote:Barring disasters I'll be there! My club handicap is 23.3. To save me reading the thread can someone kindly put up what time we're teeing off and what the format will be. I only live half a mile from Regents Park so I'll be last minute!

Thanks for asking.

it's stableford - roughly 3/4s of handicap - you're therefore on 18 for the event (i've given you 1 extra as you've not played for a while)

18,(shot a hole)'s very fair, but not three-quarters of 28. Just a bit confused is all.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Thanks for asking.

18,(shot a hole)'s very fair, but not three-quarters of 28. Just a bit confused is all.
18's closer to 3/4 of 23, though, which is his handicap ;)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:33 pm

TD I'm giving you 28 after deductions

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:30 pm

communistworkethic wrote:TD I'm giving you 28 after deductions
Well, I'm gobsmacked, but I'll have it thank you. Let's see now, that's about ( no calc handy), er 1.6 shots per hole on avarage and two on the first means 7 net 5 =2 points to start.Yep, I'll just use my putter then. Ayyee thenk yo :mrgreen:

BoltonBilly
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Post by BoltonBilly » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:10 am

Thanks for asking.

Excellent, thank you. And for the shot! :D It'll make the scoring easier on SI 18. Not sure which is SI 18 on The Muni anymore but I'll be keeping a close watch for it a week Sunday.

Are we drawing out for partners so we can have a doubles comp on the day as well, just for a little fun?