London bomb scare.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

London bomb scare.

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:24 am

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:23 am

Hmmm. It could just be a fella was pissed and crashed into a bin.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:28 am

blurred wrote:Hmmm. It could just be a fella was pissed and crashed into a bin.
... driving around with a propane cylinder at 2:00am. Righto! (Mind you, that might be perfectly normal in Bootle!) :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 am

Apparently set to coincide with the new Home Secretary's first meeting of Cobra.

Earlier reports stated there were nails strapped to the cylinders, which would have been nasty.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:05 pm

Seems a bit slapdash, though. Terrorists these days are just so lax; they just don't put the effort in anymore.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:11 pm

blurred wrote:Seems a bit slapdash, though. Terrorists these days are just so lax; they just don't put the effort in anymore.
I know what you mean, I barely raised an eyebrow. Plus, what was he doing attempting to explode a bomb at two in the morning? It comes to something if he couldn't afford the congestion charge to do it during daylight hours.

Mind, if he was a suicide bomber he could hardly claim it back on expenses, so maybe he was just being frugal.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 pm

Nails, gas canisters and petrol.

You have to laugh don't you

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Batman wrote:Nails, gas canisters and petrol.

Not if you're anywhere near it when it goes off you don't. I once saw a Co2 cylinder get knocked over accidntally. The valve smashed off and it went down the factory like a bullet and straight through a brick wall. Luckily, nobody was in the way and it wasn't propane.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Batman wrote:Nails, gas canisters and petrol.

Not if you're anywhere near it when it goes off you don't. I once saw a Co2 cylinder get knocked over accidntally. The valve smashed off and it went down the factory like a bullet and straight through a brick wall. Luckily, nobody was in the way and it wasn't propane.
Oxy cylinders go like the clappers also, more worrying is the acetelyne bottles when they start to get warm from the inside :shock:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:51 pm

blurred wrote:Seems a bit slapdash, though. Terrorists these days are just so lax; they just don't put the effort in anymore.
Thing is, you don't even have to do anything these days to majorly screw up transportation. Consider the shoe bomber or those guys with the supposed plan to put liquid explosives in containers. They created major headaches and expense for airlines, governments, and individuals despite being caught. Next thing you know bin Laden is going to have somebody get caught trying to put cyanide in duty-free cigarettes and booze and then we're all screwed.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:08 pm

Would seem that it was to target clubbers leaving in the early hours.

Not a very good suicide bomber cos he ran away. :roll:

Seriously though, it just goes to show that in London everyone should be on their guard.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:47 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Thing is, you don't even have to do anything these days to majorly screw up transportation. Consider the shoe bomber or those guys with the supposed plan to put liquid explosives in containers. They created major headaches and expense for airlines, governments, and individuals despite being caught. Next thing you know bin Laden is going to have somebody get caught trying to put cyanide in duty-free cigarettes and booze and then we're all screwed.
possibly one of the most stupid posts ever, particularly the first bit the second bit just made me laugh at the ignorance.

Firstly, having a bomb in your shoe to take out an airliner or liquid exposives in a rucksack - as used by 7/7 bombers, are not "not doing anything". Some may not have achieved their goal but the attempt itself was doing something and of course they cause disruption but sooner a bit of a delay cause by security than it caused by random body parts embedded in metalwork causing it.

And cigarettes already contain hydrogen cyanide as a byproduct of smoking. :roll: