What are you drinking tonight

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:36 pm

Michelob Ultra, Fosters Ice, Bud, and MGD in that order. As to which one I get to before passing out I'm not sure, I'll give it my best shot though. :pissed:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Armchair wrote:Michelob Ultra, Fosters Ice, Bud, and MGD in that order. As to which one I get to before passing out I'm not sure, I'll give it my best shot though. :pissed:
Those are all rather horrible, IHMO.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Carling, in the office. It was supplied by Carling, who are apparently sponsors of the Carling Cup. Hadn't noticed that.
Be honest, did you really hope that they'd turned up in an attempt to intice you and your taffy mates onto the mainstage next weekend? :D

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Armchair wrote:Michelob Ultra, Fosters Ice, Bud, and MGD in that order. As to which one I get to before passing out I'm not sure, I'll give it my best shot though. :pissed:
In your opinion, but fortunately you didn't stock my beer fridge.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:A Cilean Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere. Half-price at Tesco (£4 a bottle). Well, it'd have been rude not to have taken a case off their hands, wouldn't it? Very nice it is too, very fruity, but at 14% ABV it's quite a high number. :pissed:
At the risk of sounding nobby, when we were wine-tasting in Chile earlier this year, we heard a story about Carmenere. It's a very old variety of grape which originally grew in France. In the 19th century, a disease called phylloxera more or less caused the extinction of the grape. Meanwhile, over in Chile, the fledgling wine industry were happily producing Merlot, which experts noticed tasted a little different to French Merlot. This was investigated further by some wine bod, who concluded that a lot of what was thought to be Chilean Merlot was, in fact, Carmenere; at some point earlier, the Merlot cuttings brought over from France had got mixed up with Carmenere cuttings. With the natural barrier of the Andes mountains, this batch of Carmenere had avoided the phylloxera. And so, Chile "re-discovered" Carmenere. It was important for the Chilean wine industry because they could finally get one over the French wine industry, who had always been (and still are to some extent) fairly sniffy about any non-French wine.

At the risk of sounding even nobbier, you should be getting smooth, silky tones. "Leather armchair" tones may also be present. End of nobbiness.

Cheers!!

:pissed:

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Armchair wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Well, taste is very personal no doubt. Out of curiosity, do you live in America and have no alternatives?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 pm

Winter Hill White wrote: you should be getting smooth, silky tones. "Leather armchair" tones may also be present. End of nobbiness.

Cheers!!

I am, my friend. Don't suppose that you know where I can find a bird with 'Queen Anne' legs though? :conf:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: I am, my friend. Don't suppose that you know where I can find a bird with 'Queen Anne' legs though? :conf:
Have you tried the barmaid in the Queen Anne?

I'm trying out Lidl's lager on the recommendation of Batman. Nowt spesh (it gets you there I spose) but it's better than Carling. (And Michelob, MGD, Fosters, Bud etc, etc, etc.)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:10 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I am, my friend. Don't suppose that you know where I can find a bird with 'Queen Anne' legs though? :conf:

I'm trying out Lidl's lager on the recommendation of Batman. Nowt spesh (it gets you there I spose) but it's better than Carling. (And Michelob, MGD, Fosters, Bud etc, etc, etc.)
Well, a few people that I know reckon that you can pick up a few decent bottles of red from yon discount supermarkets. Winter Hill White? :conf:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

Well, a few people that I know reckon that you can pick up a few decent bottles of red from yon discount supermarkets. Winter Hill White? :conf:
We can get Winter Hill Red in the Leith Scotmid (used to be the local railway station - hence Trainspotting). Do they do a white as well? :wink:

Anyhoo, I've just bought a case of 12 mixed from Majestic including a free bottle of champers, so I don't think I'll be trawling their shelves for a couple of weeks at least.

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Well, taste is very personal no doubt. Out of curiosity, do you live in America and have no alternatives?
No to both, I happen to like them, as do Lidl's lager that LGM is drinking although they should put it in bigger bottles

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

We can get Winter Hill Red in the Leith Scotmid (used to be the local railway station - hence Trainspotting). Do they do a white as well? :wink:

Anyhoo, I've just bought a case of 12 mixed from Majestic including a free bottle of champers, so I don't think I'll be trawling their shelves for a couple of weeks at least.
One trusts that one's invite to Leith will be hitting the PM mat at any moment? Actually, the last time that I stayed (that's visited, not lived) in Leith, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that's just by that shopping complex that has the Royal Yacht tagged on to it. There's a really damned fine Indian restaurant just by it. Oh yes.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Winter Hill White wrote: you should be getting smooth, silky tones. "Leather armchair" tones may also be present. End of nobbiness.

Cheers!!

I am, my friend. Don't suppose that you know where I can find a bird with 'Queen Anne' legs though? :conf:
And ball and claw feet of course. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Armchair wrote: No to both, I happen to like them, as do Lidl's lager that LGM is drinking although they should put it in bigger bottles
:oops: I'm drinking the canned stuff. (I didn't want to run the gauntlet of the seagulls that hang out round the bottle bank.)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Carling, in the office. It was supplied by Carling, who are apparently sponsors of the Carling Cup. Hadn't noticed that.
Be honest, did you really hope that they'd turned up in an attempt to intice you and your taffy mates onto the mainstage next weekend? :D
Hadn't even thought of that, Bruce. More of a measure of it is me and the Welsh singer are doing an acoustic thing Sunday lunch. Free roast. Why not? Oh, and there's only the one Welshman. Drummer's from St Helensish and bassist's from Tasmania.Meanwhile my delightfully chilled home beer's Beck's, and it'll do for me...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: One trusts that one's invite to Leith will be hitting the PM mat at any moment? Actually, the last time that I stayed (that's visited, not lived) in Leith, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that's just by that shopping complex that has the Royal Yacht tagged on to it. There's a really damned fine Indian restaurant just by it. Oh yes.
Britannia Spice - not actually eaten there (the Raj is closer) but I've heard it's very good.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hadn't even thought of that, Bruce. More of a measure of it is me and the Welsh singer are doing an acoustic thing Sunday lunch. Free roast. Why not? Oh, and there's only the one Welshman. Drummer's from St Helensish and bassist's from Tasmania.Meanwhile my delightfully chilled home beer's Beck's, and it'll do for me...
I'll have a go at that again in the morning! :?

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Armchair wrote: No to both, I happen to like them, as do Lidl's lager that LGM is drinking although they should put it in bigger bottles
:oops: I'm drinking the canned stuff. (I didn't want to run the gauntlet of the seagulls that hang out round the bottle bank.)
fair enough, I thought you meant the stubbies. Curoius why seagulls would hang out at a bottle bank though, do they drink the dregs and heckle the passers by with abuse as well?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Armchair wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
fair enough, I thought you meant the stubbies. Curoius why seagulls would hang out at a bottle bank though, do they drink the dregs and heckle the passers by with abuse as well?
Think of avian chavs. Hitchcock was onto something.