Another win for Hamilton

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Another win for Hamilton

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Take 2. I'm not really a fan of F1 on the telly. Once you get out of the first corner with it's associated potential disasters, then it leaves me a little cold. However, I would say well done to Lewis Hamilton on winning again today at the expense of Alonso (amongst others) who managed to spin out with no one really to blame but himself. I'm sure Alonso spinning out must have been down to the wrong tyres selected by the mechanics, Ron Dennis ordering up a different sort of rain to fall near his car and anything other than he made a mistake of his own making.

Good luck to Hamilton in the last two races - lets face it any world champion is gratefully accepted these days...

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:37 pm

It's piss boring, just driving round in a circle for a couple of hours, then go and get more petrol, and start again.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllll

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:18 pm

I must admit I agree with Batman on this, but it is nice to have a Brit up there again.

Hamilton for Sports Personality of the year anyone?
Businesswoman of the year.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:25 pm

What personality?

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Batman wrote:It's piss boring, just driving round in a circle for a couple of hours, then go and get more petrol, and start again.

We are still talking about F1 and not about getting away from the Reebok?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Batman wrote:It's piss boring, just driving round in a circle for a couple of hours, then go and get more petrol, and start again.

I'm going to write to them (The F1 bods) as I have an idea for brightening it up. They should introduce another car that travels round in the opposite direction. That should do it!
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:11 pm

A woman driver, or a cock in a 5 series

That'd do it
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:26 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:A woman driver, or a cock in a 5 series

That'd do it
aye would be difficult to steer with wings instead of hands....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:50 pm

can't claim this for my own idea but.....

Guns, mounted guns on the cars, that would make overtaking much more interesting
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:42 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:A woman driver, or a cock in a 5 series

That'd do it
Good speech. What about an elderly couple in a C-Reg Maestro that's still in showroom nick, coming replete with the Mrs's belt being trapped in the passanger door and a box of tissues on the parcel shelf? That should do it, too!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:58 am

Seeing as the time difference between here and Japan is diddly squat and the race was televised on free to air I sat down and watched it.

The weather conditions with which the drivers had to contend were, putting it mildly, atrocious. The safety car - as the first 15 or so laps were run under that condition - was well driven. Having a full complement of F1 cars (which normally don't like idling along very much) tagging along behind him must have been stressful for the pilot. Once he was off the track I found the race interesting. The control that some of the F1 drivers have in such a wet environment is quite amazing, particularly when you consider the power and torque of those machines.

While there were around 15 laps to go when Mark Webber in the Red Bull machine was thumped up the rear I was terribly disappointed for the lad. He's had so many mechanical failures (his fault or not I don't know) this season but then, to be in the running for a podium finish and have that happen - under the safety car for crying out loud - must have been devastating.

Alonso, I used to think you were pretty good (and you are, I guess) but stop being such a sulk. To be honest, good sir, I nearly cheered when you stuffed up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:07 am

Dujon wrote:Seeing as the time difference between here and Japan is diddly squat and the race was televised on free to air I sat down and watched it.

The weather conditions with which the drivers had to contend were, putting it mildly, atrocious. The safety car
Cheers, Bonzer/Cobber/Gullart/Fair Dinkum. I got that far before my eyes glazed over. Sorry! :oops:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:14 am

Hamilton has certainly done a lot to reignite my interest in Formula One. It's incredible to do what he's done in his first season, but he didn't get that drive for nothing and McClaren obviously expected big things from him.

Fair play to the guy - he seems to talk a lot of sense. He's only a year older than me and I can imagine myself turning into a right cock if I had the success he's having at the moment.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:19 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:He's only a year older than me and I.....
It's a wonder that he can reach the pedals! :shock:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:37 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Hamilton has certainly done a lot to reignite my interest in Formula One. It's incredible to do what he's done in his first season, but he didn't get that drive for nothing and McClaren .
no you're right, it cost ablout £20million in sponsorship he had to bring with him

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Dujon wrote:

While there were around 15 laps to go when Mark Webber in the Red Bull machine was thumped up the rear I was terribly disappointed for the lad. He's had so many mechanical failures (his fault or not I don't know) this season but then, to be in the running for a podium finish and have that happen - under the safety car for crying out loud - must have been devastating.
Worse he was in second place and shunted by his teammate who was running third. I've never seen that happen with the safety car out. Team owner must have gone beserk - his first potential points of the season and both out in one unnecessary collision.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:08 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Hamilton has certainly done a lot to reignite my interest in Formula One. It's incredible to do what he's done in his first season, but he didn't get that drive for nothing and McClaren .
no you're right, it cost ablout £20million in sponsorship he had to bring with him
Did I not once read that Hamilton had been on McLarens radar since he was about 8

He was always going to be a F1 driver
Sto ut Serviam

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:11 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
Did I not once read that Hamilton had been on McLarens radar since he was about 8

He was always going to be a F1 driver
maybe he was on their radar but to get an F1 drive you have to bring the sponsors to start with, it's only after that that the teams pay you

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Worse he was in second place and shunted by his teammate who was running third. I've never seen that happen with the safety car out. Team owner must have gone beserk - his first potential points of the season and both out in one unnecessary collision.
Fairly sure I can remember Schumacher being a nice person and putting it into someone's arse-end in Monaco about 3 or 4 seasons ago under the safety car? Fairly sure it was in the tunnel. He might just have lost control and gone into the wall on his own, actually, but either way was a very strange one...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:25 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Worse he was in second place and shunted by his teammate who was running third. I've never seen that happen with the safety car out. Team owner must have gone beserk - his first potential points of the season and both out in one unnecessary collision.
Fairly sure I can remember Schumacher being a tw*t and putting it into someone's arse-end in Monaco about 3 or 4 seasons ago under the safety car? Fairly sure it was in the tunnel. He might just have lost control and gone into the wall on his own, actually, but either way was a very strange one...
I remember Schumi deliberately trying to take Jacques Villeneuve to ensure he won the championship. Didn't work though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.