What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose

and before that;

Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples
i quite like Foo Fighters, but missed the boat a bit and never bought an album, cant be arsed back catalogueing now - have they a greatest hits album out, or one imminent?
It appears not, which is a shame, as I might buy it

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

[quote=
Good stuff, been listening to his new album over the past few weeks. Should have seen him live but missed his support slot with NIN.[/quote]

I saw him 2 years ago in London - he is awesome live!

He's performing @ Cargo - London in February as part of the London word festival....

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:29 pm

The Who - Tommy. Very loud, as it's been that sort of day. fecking 'ave it! :wink:

- and that will be followed by Quadrophenia, even fecking louder. :oyea:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:The Who - Tommy. Very loud, as it's been that sort of day. fecking 'ave it! :wink:

- and that will be followed by Quadrophenia, even fecking louder. :oyea:
Good call!

The Real Me and 5.15 are stone cold killers!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Verbal wrote:Morrissey - That's How People Grow Up.
I heared that played on the radio yesterday and thought that it was bloody awful, especially when compared to some of his other stuff.
Would have to agree Bruce...granted I haven't heard much Morrissey solo before, but compared to his Smith days its darn atrocious.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Tonight, this.

May the bridges I burn light your way

kagni
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kagni » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Tonight, this.

Should have got Anelka listening to "(I dont want to go to) Chelsea" on repeat.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:24 pm

kagni wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Tonight, this.

And Tal Ben, and Eidur...... :(

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
kagni wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Tonight, this.Image
And Tal Ben, and Eidur...... :(
and, in May 1998, a couple of thousand Wanderers fans who'll never forget the hosts scoring a second against their fans' wishes.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 pm

Verbal wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I heared that played on the radio yesterday and thought that it was bloody awful, especially when compared to some of his other stuff.
Would have to agree Bruce...granted I haven't heard much Morrissey solo before, but compared to his Smith days its darn atrocious.
The first solo album was good, save for one really dire track. Haven't liked much he's done since, meself. Shame really - the Smiths stuff was top notch.

As an aside, I see Lloyd Cole is playing the Albert Halls down your way in April, if that's anyone's bag.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Little Green Man wrote: As an aside, I see Lloyd Cole is playing the Albert Halls down your way in April, if that's anyone's bag.
Oh indeed, and if you're headed this way for it you can billet on mi sofa if you want.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:13 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
The first solo album was good, save for one really dire track. Haven't liked much he's done since, meself. Shame really - the Smiths stuff was top notch.
Which? I think we've surprised each other with our mutual musical unreadability before, but... Late Night, Maudlin Street?

Solo stuff since patchy, but there have been the odd highlights - November Spawned A Monster, The Last of the Famous International Playboys and You're the One for Me, Fatty - but there was a lean decade between The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get and First of the Gang to Die. And while little of that could expect to shine off a Smiths album, I could happily go quite some time without rehearing Death of a Disco Dancer, Never Had No One Ever or Well I Wonder...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Just watched "Legends-Ella Fitzgerald " my lifetime favourite female singer. Amazing woman, died in 1996 at 79 shortly after having both legs amputed. Made a fortune and spent much of it helping under-priveleged kids. Made hundreds of immaculate records and had the most amazing voice ever for me. True legend.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 pm

FOUND ON FILM by Maximo Park

superb live stuff

great band

spoke to the lead singers dad on Weds at work - either it was defo him or a lying Geordie

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just watched "Legends-Ella Fitzgerald " my lifetime favourite female singer. Amazing woman, died in 1996 at 79 shortly after having both legs amputed. Made a fortune and spent much of it helping under-priveleged kids. Made hundreds of immaculate records and had the most amazing voice ever for me. True legend.
Here here!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Just watched "Legends-Ella Fitzgerald " my lifetime favourite female singer. Amazing woman, died in 1996 at 79 shortly after having both legs amputed. Made a fortune and spent much of it helping under-priveleged kids. Made hundreds of immaculate records and had the most amazing voice ever for me. True legend.
I think I've mentioned before, Tango, that my mother is/was a great fan of Ella Fitzgerald and as such we'd regularly have her stuff playing in the house. Of course, as a get-this-shit-off-and-get-some-Boomtown Rats-on type of teenager I never really appreciated what I was hearing until I got a little older. A truly remarkable singer.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think I've mentioned before, Tango, that my mother is/was a great fan of Ella Fitzgerald and as such we'd regularly have her stuff playing in the house. Of course, as a get-this-shit-off-and-get-some-Boomtown Rats-on type of teenager I never really appreciated what I was hearing until I got a little older. A truly remarkable singer.
Thanks for that Bruce, shows you have all round-excellent musical taste. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:26 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
Rated R Superstar wrote:Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose

and before that;

Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples
i quite like Foo Fighters, but missed the boat a bit and never bought an album, cant be arsed back catalogueing now - have they a greatest hits album out, or one imminent?
It appears not, which is a shame, as I might buy it
until a best of comes out 'The Colour And The Shape' is a good place to start, should you want to
Don't call it a comeback

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:40 am

I'd say that 'the best of the Foo Fighters' is There Is Nothing Left To Lose.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I could happily go quite some time without rehearing Death of a Disco Dancer, Never Had No One Ever or Well I Wonder...
I don't mind Well I Wonder but I concur with your opinions of the other two. Don't like Shopfitters Of The World either. Late Night On Maudlin Street is a great track. Bengali In Platforms is that has me reaching for skip track button on Viva Hate.