The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:19 am

Worthy4England wrote:Ok finally kitted out with an X-box last week and have spent some time ploughing through CoD 4. Play Oblivion on the PC, so no need for that one. But are there any bargains from sorta 12 months ago I should look for at "reasonable" prices. Not fussed about sports sims got all the ones I want for Wii/PC etc.
Buy Ranibow Six Vegas 2.

Its great (apart from occasionally annoying framerate issues).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Ok finally kitted out with an X-box last week and have spent some time ploughing through CoD 4. Play Oblivion on the PC, so no need for that one. But are there any bargains from sorta 12 months ago I should look for at "reasonable" prices. Not fussed about sports sims got all the ones I want for Wii/PC etc.
Buy Ranibow Six Vegas 2.

Might have a look into that. Was never really a big fan of squad based on the PC, but I might give it a go. Couple of reviews I read suggested it was same as Rainbow Six Vegas, with a couple of different locations?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Buy Ranibow Six Vegas 2.

Might have a look into that. Was never really a big fan of squad based on the PC, but I might give it a go. Couple of reviews I read suggested it was same as Rainbow Six Vegas, with a couple of different locations?
Dunno about that, didn't buy Rainbow Six Vegas, like you I wasn't into squad shooters. But having played RSV2 I am hooked.

I used to like the PC for shooters because of the mouse and keyboard controls.

But now having played the 360 for a while I can't go back. The controller is the greatest feat of modern engineering. This is why the machine is superior to the PS3 which has a shit.e controller.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Buy Ranibow Six Vegas 2.

Dunno about that, didn't buy Rainbow Six Vegas, like you I wasn't into squad shooters. But having played RSV2 I am hooked.

But now having played the 360 for a while I can't go back. The controller is the greatest feat of modern engineering. This is why the machine is superior to the PS3 which has a shit.e controller.
I still prefer mouse/keyboard...It allows for 360 degree control easier imo :-)

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:57 am

If anyone is thinking of buying Dark Sector or Condemned 2 today, I can reccommend both as I've had my promo copies for a few weeks.

Condemned 2 is the longer of the two games but only because you spend more time sneaking around. Dark Sector is very much like Gears of War even down to the controls, cover system and aiming. Good game but don't think it'll last people long.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Buy Ranibow Six Vegas 2.

I still prefer mouse/keyboard...It allows for 360 degree control easier imo :-)
I used to think that way until allowing myself to properly convert. Love the xbox controls.

Oh Halo 3 is worth a look at as well.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Halo 3 co-op is fun but the online versus is awful, full of absolute knobends who do nothing but play Halo all the time making them infinite times better than you.

Coupled with the melee attack that seems to warp people across the map into your face for a one hit kill I found it the most frustrating game to play online ever.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:59 pm

FD wrote:Halo 3 co-op is fun but the online versus is awful, full of absolute knobends who do nothing but play Halo all the time making them infinite times better than you.

Coupled with the melee attack that seems to warp people across the map into your face for a one hit kill I found it the most frustrating game to play online ever.
Rarely play online for those very reasons.

TBH I'm old school and can't be bothered much playing teenagers online who play 1000 times longer than me and have a far better reaction time than I do.

I found the Halo 3 single player quite decent. Not as good as COD 4, but still good.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah, I loved playing legendary on 4 player co-op, great fun.

Was alarmed though when I went to play online within a week of it being out and see people are horrendously high ranks, they must have played 16 hours a day at least all week...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Found Halo 3 online is ok but too many melee kills, seems too samey for me how most deaths are folk spotting each other then running at each other.

COD4 is a superior game online but I appear to be shit - if I get out of a match with a 0.75 k/d ratio it's an achievement for me. If you end up in the wrong match with some keenos then I found that you get absolutely battered as well :(
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matty-Sharples
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Matty-Sharples » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Bought Rainbow 1 just before number 2 came out which at the time I thought was a bit stupid. However, Im glad I did. Its awesome. Addicted. Some of the guys online say don't buy number two as it is nothing on the original.
Who goes? You decide!

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I think 2 is a one step forward, two steps back. It improves on numerous issues (the sprint button is a godsend) but the same old shitty issues, glitches and buggyness that plagued the first game are there in spades in the second.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:40 am

Benn playing too much COD4, walking down to't post office this morning someone knocked over an empty milk bottle, sounded dead like when a grenade lands next to you!

Shit me pants

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Im playing Rainbow six vegas 2 to death at the moment. i bought it as soon as it came out because i liked the original so much, and still do, but 2 is better i reckon. Didnt take long to complete story mode on normal though, but im not bored at all so ill do it all again on realistic, its a brilliant game! especially love the terrorist hunts, struggling with the verses games though, cpu terrorists are miles easier to mow than other players!

anyone fancy some co-op action? add me raoul j campo

(ps, Please recommend me, I haven’t even got 5 stars on my rep yet :oops: )

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:45 pm

I'll school some of you on CoD4 once my A Levels are over.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:02 am

Batman wrote:Benn playing too much COD4, walking down to't post office this morning someone knocked over an empty milk bottle, sounded dead like when a grenade lands next to you!

Shit me pants
at least you were goin the post office and not the pub or summat, all the owd codgers in the PO probably got shit in their kecks too!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:21 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Batman wrote:Benn playing too much COD4, walking down to't post office this morning someone knocked over an empty milk bottle, sounded dead like when a grenade lands next to you!

Shit me pants
at least you were goin the post office and not the pub or summat, all the owd codgers in the PO probably got shit in their kecks too!
Everytime I open a door I wait outside it and murmur "Open and Clear".

Ok not everytime, but its becoming more frequent!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:12 am

Lets do dis...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:

Shit me pants
Everytime I open a door I wait outside it and murmur "Open and Clear".

Ok not everytime, but its becoming more frequent!
haha! i work on the 10th floor, im dying to breach out of the window and rappel down!!!

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:14 pm

EUFA Euro 2008 isn't half bad y'know...