Taco's

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Oh man, I love Mexican food. Never understood the crunchy taco shell though. Lovely soft tortilla wrapped round meat, guacamole, salsa, jalapenos for spice, sour cream for balance... :pray:
I have to say, Barnetto, that as much as I could just go that that you describe without even being hungry, something that becomes abundantly clear to one on visiting Mexico is that you're actually hard pressed to find fajitas, burritos, chimichangas, quesadillas or any of that stuff. This idea that the Mexicans live on a closely related spiced minced beef based diet is an absolute nonsense, and is in fact something of an insult to the incredible variety of wonderful food available. You'd be there for a year just trying out the fish dishes. Just to pad my point out, in Mexico chili con carne is predominantly made with peppers and various beans with ground/minced beef being almost an afterthought in a waterish but fantastically tasty, spicy juice. There seems to be this whole 'Tex/Mex' market that's sprung out of a complete disservice.
You've also just described India! The idea that Indians eat these spicy dishes with poppodums daily is just nonsensical..

A lad I used to work with said summat along the lines of, "go to India mate, you can get a proper spicy 'authentic' Indian, it's hotter than a vindaloo, i can't believe these people can bear that stuff"

ermm... They don't, you're just a brit abroad!