Grumpy Old Man Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Grumpy Old Man Thread.

Post by InsaneApache » Sat May 10, 2008 3:42 pm

What really ticks you off? Here's a starter.

Mobile 'phones.

I hate the buggers. When I used to own one they always rang at the most inopportune moments. Like when I was negotiating a roundabout on the North Circular.

Then there is those bloody polyphonic ringtones. What's all that about? What's wrong with a simple bell sound? Another thing is the owners. Why oh why do they have to shout into the damn things? I don't want to hear what you're saying to 'Baz' or 'Shaz' or whatever twonk your connected to. I feel like grabbing them out of their hands, jump up and down on them (ala Basil Fawlty) and then handing them back to their owners. Bastards.

If that aint enough. they're not just 'phones anymore, are they? No they play music, videos, take pictures, tell the time and generally just irritate the hell out of me.

I'd take a leaf out of Nu-Labs book and ban 'em.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 10, 2008 4:57 pm

I'd love to contribute to this thread - I'm grumpy and a man - but I'm still but a spring chicken so I'll leave the moaning to all you old fossils. :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 10, 2008 10:58 pm

people. i f*cking hate people!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat May 10, 2008 11:22 pm

Think ive talked about it before, what i really hate is umbrellas, especially blokes and umbrellas - put your mac on you nonce!

also hate scallys, the black trackies, air max and hoody brigade! & what about the little fu ckers who play music through their phones loud speakers!!!!!

no wonder teenagers keep getting shot, it was me!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread.

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun May 11, 2008 10:18 am

InsaneApache wrote:What really ticks you off? Here's a starter.

Mobile 'phones.

I hate the buggers. When I used to own one they always rang at the most inopportune moments. Like when I was negotiating a roundabout on the North Circular.

Then there is those bloody polyphonic ringtones. What's all that about? What's wrong with a simple bell sound? Another thing is the owners. Why oh why do they have to shout into the damn things? I don't want to hear what you're saying to 'Baz' or 'Shaz' or whatever twonk your connected to. I feel like grabbing them out of their hands, jump up and down on them (ala Basil Fawlty) and then handing them back to their owners. Bastards.

If that aint enough. they're not just 'phones anymore, are they? No they play music, videos, take pictures, tell the time and generally just irritate the hell out of me.

I'd take a leaf out of Nu-Labs book and ban 'em.
:pray:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun May 11, 2008 10:35 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Think ive talked about it before, what i really hate is umbrellas, especially blokes and umbrellas - put your mac on you nonce!

also hate scallys, the black trackies, air max and hoody brigade! & what about the little fu ckers who play music through their phones loud speakers!!!!!

stood next to a guy at T in the park couple of years back. i thought he was hammered, turned out he were just a bit weird. but tutned out he had a true phobia of umbrellas because twice the ends have caught him in his eyes

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Think ive talked about it before, what i really hate is umbrellas, especially blokes and umbrellas - put your mac on you nonce!

oh and this really winds me up. put this in my top 10 peeves definitely. there's no need to inflict your music on anyone else, especially that shitty trance/dance/prance thing they play, which sounds tinny as fook through their little device

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 am

Trouble is its usually schoolies who do it, so you can't give em a crack. Should make it a hanging offence, that stop it
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 11, 2008 11:17 am

I was a proper "grumpy old man" on Friday night. Stood outside my local having a smoke, when one of the guys I was with said "some yoof has just banged on your windows and legged it up the fields"

Wifie comes out of the house ranting and saying the kids were frightened. etc. So I figure that I better go sort it out. Get to their "encampment" there's about half a dozen of 'em about 17 to 18 years old, all half pi$$ed on Vodka wicked's and I end up eyeball to eyeball with the nobber who's belted on my windows. One old boy who's followed me out of the pub said he'd rang the police so I should leave it, so I wandered back to the roadside to a barrage of abuse and waited there for the cops to turn up.

In between times, said yoofs obviously decide they're going to have a proper go, and come wandering over, after ringing some more of their mates from the boozer down the road. Bit more to-ing and fro-ing, gobby bastard that banged on my windows drops his empty bottle so I waded in. Lots of break it up and pushing and shoving ensued when the footie team from our local who were having their end of season bash got wind of what was going on, along with some fellow Bolton fan mates of mine. Result about 60 people piled out and gave said nobbers a proper good hiding...

Police turn up about two hours later and were told be all and sundry that said yoofs must have got bored and gone home to bed.

A victory for local justice in my humble opinion. Expect that they'll think twice about banging on me windows again.

Grumpy Old Men 1 - Yoofs 0 (teeth)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun May 11, 2008 11:24 am

Worthy4England wrote:A victory for local justice in my humble opinion. Expect that they'll think twice about banging on me windows again.
More likely that they'll think twice about what weapon they'll gain their revenge with.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun May 11, 2008 11:25 am

its oreet when locals rally round like that. but when stuff happens in town centre, where i often get abused/intimidated when walking home from work or on buses and trains, other folk turn away shitscared to get involved

standard reasons for me getting shit on the way home tends to be for not having a ciggy or a lighter to share with my good neighbour :roll:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 11, 2008 11:29 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:A victory for local justice in my humble opinion. Expect that they'll think twice about banging on me windows again.
More likely that they'll think twice about what weapon they'll gain their revenge with.
Mr Baseball Bat didn't even make an appearance. They want to push it, they need reminding that some of us oldies were dragged up on the same "mean streets" that they think they're in charge of.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun May 11, 2008 11:34 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mr Baseball Bat didn't even make an appearance. They want to push it, they need reminding that some of us oldies were dragged up on the same "mean streets" that they think they're in charge of.
That's just it though, there's plenty worse than baseball bats taken out onto the 'mean streets' these days, and enough of these vigilante stories have a pretty grim ending.

Anyway, I don't think it's the right way to deal with these things, but I can appreciate that there doesn't seem much option when the police are taking 2 hours to arrive.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:its oreet when locals rally round like that. but when stuff happens in town centre, where i often get abused/intimidated when walking home from work or on buses and trains, other folk turn away shitscared to get involved

standard reasons for me getting shit on the way home tends to be for not having a ciggy or a lighter to share with my good neighbour :roll:
Was in a bookies in Shepherds Bush a few years back with an my American flat-mate(actually checking out the Wanderers score!), and this yoof walked up to him and said "giz a cig". My mate had none, he was smokin mine, so says "I've got none". The lad got quite threatening, saying "I'll get me mates if you don't give us one".

My mate being abroad was getting quite scared, so to alleviate the situation I grabbed hold of said yoof and calmly said "Go get yer mates then, and yer brother and yer bloody uncles if you think it'll help, now f*ck off yer not having a cig" (the bravado was mostly trying to calm my mate down, you understand).

Anyway, he buggers off an nowt happens ....until a week later, he comes home a bit flushed and has been chased by said yoof, a few of his mates and (quite possibly his brothers and uncles!) for about 1/2 a mile. Sorry Tony, if you're reading this :oops:

I guess you can't win....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 11, 2008 11:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
That's just it though, there's plenty worse than baseball bats taken out onto the 'mean streets' these days, and enough of these vigilante stories have a pretty grim ending.

Anyway, I don't think it's the right way to deal with these things, but I can appreciate that there doesn't seem much option when the police are taking 2 hours to arrive.
We did worse than baseball bats in my day too...This wasn't vigilanteism. We called the police, but by the time they arrived, they were way too late. I agree that preferably, I would have rather law enforcement officers had dealt with the situation. By the same token, I'm not running off either. Que sera....

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sun May 11, 2008 11:51 am

"Text Talk"

Anyone who uses it should fecking die.

"R U CUMIN 2 PUB 2NITE? K M8 C U L8R!!"

Feels like my eyes are being raped.
Last edited by FD on Sun May 11, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 11, 2008 11:53 am

FD wrote:"Text Talk"

I think we can agree on that :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
FD wrote:"Text Talk"

I think we can agree on that :wink:
I could possibly forgive the first one :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 11, 2008 12:21 pm

There's always been gang warfare, people wanting dominance through bullying and the ridiculous code of so-called respect that exists amongst the young. Only real difference through eras is that the one-to-one method of the clowns wanting to be cock of the walk has disaapeared, replaced by "me and my seventeen mates will sort you out". Problem isn't with the police, it's the lack of parental control and police action the government has imposed on society. They've effectively tied the hands of parents and police and given the little bxxxards licence to kill without fear of punishment.

If you did anything out of line when we were kids the police kicked your arse and dragged you home where your dad kicked it again. The thought of anybody threatening or abusing older people would have been met by a communal good-hiding from most of the males in the area. It just didn't happen; more chance of the offenders getting a whack from some old lady's walking stick. Not a chapter from "All our yesterdays", just a fact. What good example can kids get from a shaven-headed tattooed thug of a dad who walks about with a bull-terrier on a lead. That's not just a stereotype, it's a reality.

Kids of fourteen today are totally dangerous in this gang culture that's so eveident on a million street corners in this country. Make then afraid of reprisals via punishment and they aren't brave at all, just a bunch of kids made cocky because they know they win come what may. Give them a clout, you get done for bullying, face up to them, and, as happened to Worthy, the mobiles start ringing and the mobs appear.

Everybody knows the problems, no-one does anything about them. If they do, why is it still happening daily? Ban the hoods and the scarves, dispense the gangs, come down like the wrath of God on the offenders and punish the parents who let them run riot, and sanity may reign one day. Someone once said, "The only people who can disperse twelve lads off a street corner are twelve dads". Just never happens though does it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun May 11, 2008 1:23 pm

There's some real scumbags out there. The guy a floor below me got robbed for the third time in less than three years on Friday. They hacked their way through two doors and nicked his iPod, camera and wedding ring.

So why wasn't he wearing his wedding ring? Because the guy upstairs bonked his wife less than six months after their honeymoon.

Scumbags abound. Resistance is futile.