What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Free Genesis album from the Mail on Sunday. Giving it a go.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 pm

The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.

Odd.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Free Genesis album from the Mail on Sunday. Giving it a go.
Damn! missed it! I'll have to get Trick of the Tail out or my personal favourite (hope there's no hardcore Genesis fans out there), And Then There Were Three.
Halliwell Mile done 228 times.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:59 pm

White Army wrote:
Damn! missed it! I'll have to get Trick of the Tail out or my personal favourite (hope there's no hardcore Genesis fans out there), And Then There Were Three.
Tracks from the albums : Live over Europe, Genesis, And then there were Three, and Selling England by the Pound,

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Sto ut Serviam

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:15 pm

Found a good website for listening to music, if anyone's interested.

www.deezer.com

You can just search for an album and let it play right through. Got plenty on there from what I can tell.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:29 pm

Indulging in the guilty pleasure of early 90's dance; Snap & 2 Unlimited

I blame that damn advert with the dancing Thunderbird.

:oops:
Don't call it a comeback

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:45 pm

White Army wrote:
Went to Genesis gig at OT last year. Don't mind And Then There Were Three, couplr of decent tracks on it, I think there are better albums though.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:
White Army wrote:
Went to Genesis gig at OT last year. Don't mind And Then There Were Three, couplr of decent tracks on it, I think there are better albums though.
Duke. :pray: :pray:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

White Army
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by White Army » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
White Army wrote:
Love Genesis before 1980, but purists will usually lambast you for liking anything they did after Gabriel departed :|
Halliwell Mile done 228 times.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:02 pm

White Army wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
White Army wrote:
Love Genesis before 1980, but purists will usually lambast you for liking anything they did after Gabriel departed :|
They're a different group with Collins at the helm, they managed to balance the old with the new on the recent tour, so I didn't really see the post-Gabriel era stuff as being "offensive", thoroughly enjoyed all of the gig. Oh and the lightshow was awesome.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Saw a guy in concert in Spain ( bought a couple of his CD's) who was down as ex-Genesis. Sang, played guitar and saxaphone. He was a top class entertainer. Name of Andy Claridge?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Saw a guy in concert in Spain ( bought a couple of his CD's) who was down as ex-Genesis. Sang, played guitar and saxaphone. He was a top class entertainer. Name of Andy Claridge?
News to me....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Saw a guy in concert in Spain ( bought a couple of his CD's) who was down as ex-Genesis. Sang, played guitar and saxaphone. He was a top class entertainer. Name of Andy Claridge?
News to me....
Was to me, but that's what all the posters advertised?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm

probably a nobody who played backing on one studio track or on a tour once, but no former members named anything like that.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
News to me....
Was to me, but that's what all the posters advertised?
Poster advertising can be bought at a cheapish cost :-) Tried Google etc, couldn't find a reference anywhere....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 pm

I found him on a search as a regular Costa entertainer described as "multi-talented" (which he certainly was). He should get done then for his ads which read "Ex Genesis Member, Andy Claridge". Maybe I should have known from his C-D's, cheap mass-produced paper-label things. Can't complain at the quality of his music but it's a bit baffling he can get away with his job-description unless he had a name change.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I found him on a search as a regular Costa entertainer described as "multi-talented" (which he certainly was). He should get done then for his ads which read "Ex Genesis Member, Andy Claridge". Maybe I should have known from his C-D's, cheap mass-produced paper-label things. Can't complain at the quality of his music but it's a bit baffling he can get away with his job-description unless he had a name change.
Like Commie said, he may have appeared as backing on Sax or something which might be the loophole he's using...either that or Phil Collins is skint and busking in the Costa's under a different name during the summer months....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote: Like Commie said, he may have appeared as backing on Sax or something which might be the loophole he's using...either that or Phil Collins is skint and busking in the Costa's under a different name during the summer months....
Nah, this guy's about six-feet tall and has hair. :mrgreen: