The Official PS3 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

The Official PS3 Thread

Post by markakamark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 pm

I noticed that there is a PS3 topic open already, but that's more of Xbox v Wii v PS3 war, so this can be used soley for Playstation!

Who has one?
What games?
Any bad/good experiences?

I'll start. I have one. I have a few games, COD4, PES08, MGS4, GTA4, Beijing, Guitar Hero Aerosmith + a few others.
I'm having a bad experience atm though, and this leads me to believe microsoft is better at one thing, customer support. The cocks at Sony lost my COD4 disk after my 2nd ps3 broke, and so 1 month on, i'm still waiting for the game, and they actually refused me any sort of compensation after I asked!

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Yeah I've got one too.

Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted
Singstar (hardly play it)
Buzz
Motostorm
Resistance
GT5:Prologue
Metal Gear Solid 4
Warhawk
Everybody's Golf 5
Eye of Judgment (on the cheap to see what it was about)

Also from the PSN I have
Pixeljunk Monsters
Pixeljunk Eden
Tekken
Fl0w
Pain

I love my PS3, don't get all the hating to be honest. I always buy multi-format games on the 360 but the PS3 has some lovely exclusives (basically the ones I've bought) and as for the PSN, the innovation shown on games like Pixeljunk Eden and fl0w (and coming son Fl0wer) is way ahead of the 360, sadly though the live interface is still not as good as it needs to be to get me playing much online on the PS3.

Love the XMB, ease of use, just looks (hardware and XMB) sleeker and more professional than the 360 or Wii.

Little Big Planet is the game I want more than any others, looks like game of the century, not just of the year.

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 pm

FD wrote: Little Big Planet is the game I want more than any others, looks like game of the century, not just of the year.
Not even heard of it!! This PSHome looks quite nifty but I aint sure when it's coming out.
What's Everybody's Golf like, i'm undecided on whether to get that or TWoods.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm

this bloke has a PS3...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 pm

General, I don't even want to think about what you must've typed into goggle to search for that picture....
Businesswoman of the year.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 pm

markakamark wrote:
FD wrote: Little Big Planet is the game I want more than any others, looks like game of the century, not just of the year.
Not even heard of it!! This PSHome looks quite nifty but I aint sure when it's coming out.
What's Everybody's Golf like, i'm undecided on whether to get that or TWoods.
Best golf game I've ever played, I just love the visuals, the gameplay, the online, it's just superb...demo on PSN store.

Not too interested in Home, it's been too long now and still no release date.

You *need* to see some video demonstrations of Little Big Planet, very very quickly.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:General, I don't even want to think about what you must've typed into goggle to search for that picture....
easy, just put 'crazyhorse' :mrgreen:

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 pm

FD wrote:
Best golf game I've ever played, I just love the visuals, the gameplay, the online, it's just superb...demo on PSN store.

Not too interested in Home, it's been too long now and still no release date.

You *need* to see some video demonstrations of Little Big Planet, very very quickly.
just searched youtube. LOOKS AWESOME!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:General, I don't even want to think about what you must've typed into goggle to search for that picture....
easy, just put 'crazyhorse' :mrgreen:
:D
Left myself wide open for that didn't I?
Businesswoman of the year.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 am

I got a HD telly a couple of months back, and getting a bit bored of my 360 now, so tempted to invest in a PS3 - any decent offer bundles around at the moment?

I see on play.com the 80gb one is coming out end of this month.......

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:59 am

Batman wrote:I got a HD telly a couple of months back, and getting a bit bored of my 360 now, so tempted to invest in a PS3 - any decent offer bundles around at the moment?

I woudn't bother getting anything above 40GB for the time being unless you want to play PS2 games on it. You can buy a seperate harddrive later (much bigger than 80GB) and install it yourself. It works out alot cheaper.
PS3's are worth the money, even if only for the BluRay player.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:16 pm

markakamark wrote:
Batman wrote:I got a HD telly a couple of months back, and getting a bit bored of my 360 now, so tempted to invest in a PS3 - any decent offer bundles around at the moment?

I woudn't bother getting anything above 40GB for the time being unless you want to play PS2 games on it. You can buy a seperate harddrive later (much bigger than 80GB) and install it yourself. It works out alot cheaper.
PS3's are worth the money, even if only for the BluRay player.
Not sure about that - I was told by a chap in a shop (someone who actually works there, rather than just some random bloke...) that the 80gig PS3 was going to be the same price as the 40gig one...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Got an Xbox, hardly use it, nothing touches World of Warcraft

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm

markakamark wrote:I woudn't bother getting anything above 40GB for the time being unless you want to play PS2 games on it. You can buy a seperate harddrive later (much bigger than 80GB) and install it yourself. It works out alot cheaper.
Sorry dude but no way.

A LOT of PS3 games require installation to hard drive of games now, taking up between 3gb and 6gb. Batty, get yourself the MGS4 80gb pack when it comes out.

Changing the subject, is it possible that this thread could be free of bullshit trolling, there's enough of that on the net for the PS3 if people want to find it, cheers.

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 pm

FD wrote:
markakamark wrote:I woudn't bother getting anything above 40GB for the time being unless you want to play PS2 games on it. You can buy a seperate harddrive later (much bigger than 80GB) and install it yourself. It works out alot cheaper.
Sorry dude but no way.

A LOT of PS3 games require installation to hard drive of games now, taking up between 3gb and 6gb. Batty, get yourself the MGS4 80gb pack when it comes out.

Changing the subject, is it possible that this thread could be free of bullshit trolling, there's enough of that on the net for the PS3 if people want to find it, cheers.
Exactly, add on top of that the new thing where you turn your ps3 into one of them things that you can record straight off your tv, and your going to need more than 80gb. However, if the 80gb costs the same as the 40gb, then apologies, yes, get that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Raven wrote:Got an Xbox, hardly use it, nothing touches World of Warcraft
Other than Everquest.....

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm

I have one, it's wonderful for FIFA 08 online! I spent £45 on The Incredible Hulk....and I've played it once cos it's utter sh**!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Fallout 3 due out soon!

Fantastic series.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Just got beijing 2008 on the ps3, it's good but not as good as all the build up made it out to be.
anyway if anyone wants to add me, me name on it is ermmm bwfcdan
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Dan, have you got Fifa 08? If so, I'll give you a game online!!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"