TW Open 2008

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:32 pm

NO BUGGIES!!!! :TWISTED: they are for hot countries and fat yanks, anywhere else and they slow everyone up. Bruce and I got stuck behind two the other week, so they became target practice
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:24 pm

I doubt buggies would even be allowed with the ground as it is at the moment.... small hovercraft would probably be more appropriate. I'm sure that BB's motorised trolley will be up to the task of transporting his Stellas around again. Though if you do fancy the idea of a ride in one of the most conspicuous vehicles on the road, leopard print seatcovers and all, take Billy up on his offer of a lift!

I'll aim for a tee time just before 11.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

BoltonBilly
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Post by BoltonBilly » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 am

communistworkethic wrote:NO BUGGIES!!!! :TWISTED: they are for hot countries and fat yanks
And shy and sensitive Warehouse Keepers from Radcliffe?

Ok ok I'll stroll, I'll be on the reduced cool bag anyway so I can guide the truck home, with Mummy, you'll be pleased to know, a new addition of a long haired tiger steering wheel cover - in finest nylon!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Makes me wish I was amongst all this. Was always an issue making it this time, and the injury killed any last hopes (my golf had even improved quite pleasingly). Very best of luck to all of you and have a great day out. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 pm

well i can add to that injury list now. Having pulled a calf muscle yesterday at the driving range (how the fook do you do that???) I've now just bugered it up nicely running round Sheffield. Ice pack is on in an attempt to regain my title as TW Bandit.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:32 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Having pulled a calf muscle yesterday at the driving range
:lmfao:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: I'll aim for a tee time just before 11.
Are we on, then?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Just thought you golfers might appreciate this. The eighth hole, taken from the tee, at the course I played on hols. My own photo's ain't through yet but this is the beastie.

Image[/

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:58 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:Having pulled a calf muscle yesterday at the driving range
:lmfao:
yes, quite. it's ridiculous

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just thought you golfers might appreciate this. The eighth hole, taken from the tee, at the course I played on hols. My own photo's ain't through yet but this is the beastie.

Image[/
nice, looks drivable :twisted:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just thought you golfers might appreciate this. The eighth hole, taken from the tee, at the course I played on hols. My own photo's ain't through yet but this is the beastie.

Image[/
nice, looks drivable :twisted:
Not advisable, but if you want to view the rest of the course (hole by hole and worth the effort) here's the link. To use that terrible Americanism, it really was an "awesome" experience. I really did do well, considering the fact there wasn't a flat bit on it. :wink:

http://www.tierrarejadagolf.com/course/ ... -hole.aspx

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 pm

With my slice, Tango, a piece of piss. I'd just aim at the motorway bridge! :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Image

With my slice, Tango, a piece of piss. I'd just aim at the freeway bridge! :oops:
When in Rome Brucie :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:

With my slice, Tango, a piece of piss. I'd just aim at the freeway bridge! :oops:
He'd aim at an "autostrade"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:19 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

He'd aim at an "autostrade"
haha touché
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Beautiful Tango. I played a quick 18 at Welshpool Golf Club in Wales last week after my drum tracks were out of the way and the 18th hole was like nothing I've ever played before. You tee off on a high perch across a valley to a narrow fairway - if it was a typical flat hole it'd be an extreme dog-leg left almost at right angles.

This is the view from about 40 yards to the right of the tee area with the green just to the right of the small house - the clubhouse.

I hit two superb 3-woods to within 15 yards of each other - mainly because I wasn't sure where the first went as I couldn't see it land.

£5 after 3pm and probably the best greens I've ever played on.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I hope the rain holds off and the course is open!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 am

Weather forecast is less than agreeable. Are we sure about this?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 am

fatshaft wrote:Weather forecast is less than agreeable. Are we sure about this?
Didn't want to be the one to put a damper on things Fatshaft, but, seeing the state of my garden (even the lawns are awash) I did fear a bit for you all. Son-in-law is a mad keen golfer and plays comps every Saturday and Sunday, but they didn't play at all last weekend. Hope it works out okay for you.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 pm

fatshaft wrote:Weather forecast is less than agreeable. Are we sure about this?
A Scotsman worrying about the weather? Surely not.

It'll be a little wet underfoot, and perhaps a little wet in the air, too, but does that really matter? It's golf, not beach volleyball (which is a good thing, as I've no desire to see Commie in his speedos) - let's not be a bunch of tarts and just get on with it.

Besides, metcheck.com says it'll be dry in Mold on Sunday ;)

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:46 pm

blurred wrote:
Besides, metcheck.com says it'll be dry in Mold on Sunday ;)
Fair enough. I don't mind the wet for medals, it always reduces the amount of the field that has a chance, but for friendlies I like a bit of sun on my back. (yes I know Commie, it's not a friendly)