TW Open 2008

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 am

TANGODANCER wrote:More gutted than you know, now it's here (large slice of green in there too somewhere), but hey-ho, have fun. Course looks great and I'll be watching the results with interest. Gives me a month or two to work on remembering how to play. Best of.. :wink:
Cheers Tango; I'm sorry you can't make it.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:04 pm

So... all the votes have been counted and the results are in. Thanks to everyone for making the journey my way today...hope you thought it was worth it.

The conditions were quite tough, as the course was damp from the heavy dew that the foggy conditions had brought.

The scores, in reverse order:

Ratbert - 17 points
Blurred - 18 points
Bolton Billy - 21 points
Commie - 24 points
Bruce - 24 points
Fatshaft - 29 points
Totherchapwhosupportsbolton - 30 points
Sonyoucanteatcrayons - 30 points
Jimbo - 34 points
Mummywhycantieatcrayons - 35 points
Dr Hotdog - 35 points

So, well done to Dr Hotdog for beating me on a countback. He's got a good a swing and pretty much hits his 3-wood as far as my driver, which is a little bit emasculating, but hey ho.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:So... all the votes have been counted and the results are in. Thanks to everyone for making the journey my way today...hope you thought it was worth it.

The conditions were quite tough, as the course was damp from the heavy dew that the foggy conditions had brought.

The scores, in reverse order:

Ratbert - 17 points
Blurred - 18 points
Bolton Billy - 21 points
Commie - 24 points
Bruce - 24 points
Fatshaft - 29 points
Totherchapwhosupportsbolton - 30 points
Sonyoucanteatcrayons - 30 points
Jimbo - 34 points
Mummywhycantieatcrayons - 35 points
Dr Hotdog - 35 points

So, well done to Dr Hotdog for beating me on a countback. He's got a good a swing and pretty much hits his 3-wood as far as my driver, which is a little bit emasculating, but hey ho.
Boy arms.

Enjoyed it today mate. Cheers for organising it all fella.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:37 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Thanks to everyone for making the journey my way today...hope you thought it was worth it.
Oh, absolutely. Thank YOU for organising it, fella. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, the back nine in any case. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 pm

aye, well done little'n. Not a bad knock that place ;) , and a big thanks to your dad and Mike, for making up the numbers so as to get us all signed in.
Maybe I should play with a responsible adult more often as the calmer temper seems to pay dividends, just need to sort out my putting now.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I had a great time. Very nice course, I was looking forward to The Fog clearing at about noon but it didn't happen. I was saved today by my scrambling, getting up and down numerous times for (gross) par. The highlight being the delicate bunker shot on the par-3 fifth. All the par-3s I made in three shots because they were 180 or less (my longest iron, apart from a 1, is a 5) and that was very pleasing.

A gross birdie at the 18th would have been nice but none of my putts outside of 12 feet were in any danger of going in.

Big shame I had to dash off before everyone could finish, as I was leaving I could see Bruce and Commie's group heading up the final fairway but I couldn't have stayed any longer without being late.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 am

Congrats Dr Hotdog, a nice knock, and thanks again Mr crayons for getting us all on. 8)

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:48 am

Echo-ing the thanks already given. I was utterly abysmal after a great par at the first and only discovered a good shoulder turn on the swing up 18.

Great course and well played all. Was impressed with Billy's sudden improvement upon cracking open the Stella, wished I'd tried some now!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Had a new special club all lined up for the TW. I'd have murdered you lot with this. :mrgreen:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:29 pm

that lawn wants mowing

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Had a new special club all lined up for the TW. I'd have murdered you lot with this. :mrgreen:
You'd have still missed the ball

:roll: sorry, that was an easy one, I know

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Had a new special club all lined up for the TW. I'd have murdered you lot with this. :mrgreen:

Why is that statue smoking a cigarette?

BoltonBilly
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Post by BoltonBilly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:23 am

Thanks to everyone who helped with the organisation, including a special mention for Commie for his perfectly executed, abrupt instructions on my late arrival, which went along the lines of "park there, pay there, play there, you've got 3 mins 37 seconds!"

I'd also like to thank my long suffering playing partners and their patience as I hacked my way through the mist, that I never fully worked out whether it was in my head or the atmosphere around. Mr Ratbert and Jimbo lent me a stream of balls deteriating in standard to a dog chewed Donnay, which incidently only lasted two shots. Wanderers fan and course member Mike was a true gent and talked us through each hole, not that I ever played them that way and helped keep it all chilled, relaxed and good fun.

Twas never going to be a classic with the events of Fulham away and 15 hours on the Stella but I did enjoy myself and would love to be included next time and be warned all you cocky shits, it's unlikely I'll play that bad again.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Anyone up for a T-W Winter Greens Challenge? :D

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Anyone up for a T-W Winter Greens Challenge? :D
Who can eat the most veg?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:51 pm

An espresso saucer shaped green on the side of the steepest hill on the course. Winter greens are hell.

Anyone ever played when the ground's frozen rock hard? You don't half get some bounces then.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:54 pm

ratbert wrote:
An espresso saucer shaped green on the side of the steepest hill on the course. Winter greens are hell.

Anyone ever played when the ground's frozen rock hard? You don't half get some bounces then.
Yes on the frozen rock hard (and still white with frost) at Blackburn GC which is located on the vertical face of a hill anyhow over the first 9 holes. No orange balls didn't help either....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 pm

ratbert wrote:
Exactamundo, my friend. :twisted:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:40 pm

ratbert wrote:

Quite a few years ago, Deane was frozen over for about six weeks. Only the die-hards and nutters (me included) attempted to play regularly with orange and yellow balls and all that stuff. A good drive down the old fourth would leave you with a short iron pitch over a ravine to the green. I hammered a drive and got a couple of wild bounces that deposited my ball in the ravine (not a good place to be). Much cursing and swearing and I played another ball with an iron. Gospel truth, my second shot with this hit the green shot into the air, bounced again and fizzed straight back into the hole. Par four with three off the tee, so don't be calling those winter greens too much. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ratbert wrote:
Exactamundo, my friend. :twisted:
given the accuracy of some of my approach play, I'm up for it! :mrgreen:

and I'm off next week if you fancy a cheeky midweek round.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house