Russel Brand

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Daxter wrote:
a1 wrote:manuel has been pretty cool about it.

wo$$ and knobhead are the ones being tardigrades by being dicks after it 'kicked off'.

thats why they might lose their jobs.

prank phone calls ? steve penk can do them for £17million less. he could probably do a chat show with ricky gervais on every week too.
Do you have some sort of addiction for using the word 'tard'? Not quite sure what this new one your using means either...

Anyway, I think you'll find they've both apologised personally to Sachs(yes he has a name).

And they weren't prank phone calls either.
Personaly, I think that it was a prank phone call would be thier best defence in this matter.
Well there's no defence is there... I think everybody accepts that it was offensive. That doesn't stop it being funny or blown out of proportion though.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:04 pm

And he's resigned, taking all the blame....

...which means Wossy will keep his job after a bit of public grovelling(£££), Brands face will be all over the tabloids soon(£££), both their books will be released shortly (£££) and we'll have a Johnathan Ross special in a few months where they both appear discussing the issue(£££).

Everyones a winner.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Sachs had agreed to do an interview hadn't he? They didn't just pick his name out of a phone book. Thats my understanding of it and so it is the same as Preston in that sense.
Yes that's what happened, when they called him he didn't pick up and the answer machine kicked in.

Russell wasn't being offensive until Ross blurted "HE F**KED YOUR GRANDAUGHTER!!!" out loud, and from then on it snowballed, with Ross goading Russell a fair bit in my opinion.
Tombwfc wrote:It's gotten so many complaints because people who wouldn't have listened to it in a million years have done so just to offend themselves and complain.
Tom, we've disagreed on many things before but for actually understanding this fact and actually writing it out, I adore you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698417.stm

If only the media could have been as gracious as Andrew Sachs has been, it'd all have blown over and fans of Russell would still have something to look forward to on a saturday evening. I'm disgusted with this, I really am.

To be honest, this whole incident and the way it's been handled sums this f**king country up nicely.
Russell Brand wrote:As I only do the radio show to make people laugh I've decided that, given the subsequent coverage, I will stop doing the show," he said.

He added: "I got a bit caught up in the moment and forgot that, at the core of the rude comments and silly songs, were the real feelings of a beloved and brilliant comic actor and a very sweet and big-hearted young woman."
Earlier, he told reporters waiting outside his home: "I'm sorry that I have upset Mr Sachs."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:And he's resigned, taking all the blame....

...which means Wossy will keep his job after a bit of public grovelling(£££), Brands face will be all over the tabloids soon(£££), both their books will be released shortly (£££) and we'll have a Johnathan Ross special in a few months where they both appear discussing the issue(£££).

Everyones a winner.
Hilariously, WH Smiths are offering Johnathan Ross's book on sale, entitled 'Why Do I Say These Things'
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Also, Brand resignation = joke.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Nice, sincere apology from Russell on the Beeb site.

It's a fecking disgrace how this has been reported though, and I'm so sad to see the Radio show end. It was genuinely hilarious most weeks and I'll really miss getting the podcasts.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Daxter wrote:Nice, sincere apology from Russell on the Beeb site.

It's a fecking disgrace how this has been reported though, and I'm so sad to see the Radio show end. It was genuinely hilarious most weeks and I'll really miss getting the podcasts.
I imagine he will be on some commercial station soon. Where taxpayers can't get AWWWWWWWWTRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEED.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Verbal wrote:
Daxter wrote:Nice, sincere apology from Russell on the Beeb site.

I imagine he will be on some commercial station soon. Where taxpayers can't get AWWWWWWWWTRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEED.
Doubt it mate, having watched the apology. Why risk all the fuss? Especially seeing as he doesn't depend on the show.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 pm

I could see him popping up on XFM if I'm honest, but other than that I don't see any station being able to sustain what he requires.

It's a real shame as whenever fans worried about losing him to other media's he always reassured them by saying "We..." (himself and Matt Morgan, co-host) "...do this show because we enjoy it and because we love our fans".

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm

FD wrote:I could see him popping up on XFM if I'm honest, but other than that I don't see any station being able to sustain what he requires.

It's a real shame as whenever fans worried about losing him to other media's he always reassured them by saying "We..." (himself and Matt Morgan, co-host) "...do this show because we enjoy it and because we love our fans".
Can't see it. They sacked him once for something that'd generate ten times the complaints he got for what he said on Radio 2, so I can't really see them thinking that he's reformed since then.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Apologies, I had it in my head that he "left" 6 Music for Radio 2...but of course you are right, it was XFM.

In fairness though, he was under the drugbrella back then...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 pm

XFM or absolute radio would love to have him. The XFM incident was yonks ago. I just don't think Russell will do it, as he doesn't need a radio show, and listening to his statement it sounds like his enthusiasm for doing it has waned. Ricky Gervais style podcasts could be the way to go. Such a shame though, I'll miss my weekly dose of him and Matt Morgan, a verry funny guy in his own right.

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:37 am

I don't like Russell Brand. So on the whole I try to avoid any show he's part of. But regardless of my personal feelings towards him this story has been blow way out of proportion.

It's already been pointed out in this thread that most of the complaints came AFTER the media sh*t-storm which would imply that most of the complainers hadn't heard the show.

I've only just listened to it (out of curiosity) through the links posted on here, and tbh, I didn't find it all that funny. In fact it started to get repetitive after a while. But I can see how it might have been 'funny at the time' at least to Ross and Brand.

There are more important issues going on in the world than a story which can be summed up thus; 'Ross and Brand act like pricks' It's hardly news, is it?
Don't call it a comeback

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

Brand, as funny as fcuking aids - Good aids

CWE had it spot on up top
Sto ut Serviam

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

Wow, great simile. So inventive and really adds tremendous insight to the debate.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:11 am

Daxter wrote:Wow, great simile. So inventive and really adds tremendous insight to the debate.
I wasn't here to add to any 'debate'

I read the first couple of posts and decided not to waste my time on you n Brand
Sto ut Serviam

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 am

Well the bird's getting her moneys worth. Whole front page of t'Sun again today. "Brand yelled 'Que?' in bed" and another couple of pages of waffle. Bored now.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Daxter wrote:Wow, great simile. So inventive and really adds tremendous insight to the debate.
I wasn't here to add to any 'debate'

I read the first couple of posts and decided not to waste my time on you n Brand
And what a terrible shame, as I'm sure we missed out on some enlightening and illuminating points.

Anyway no surprise to see the Sun's level of coverage on this.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 pm

What a load of fuss and bull over nothing, didn't take the wee flower of a grand daughter to get Max Clifford on board :)

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I read the first couple of posts and decided not to waste my time on you n Brand
That is just so out of order, yet another post that the mods just let you get away with.