Russel Brand

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 pm

FD wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:I read the first couple of posts and decided not to waste my time on you n Brand
That is just so out of order, yet another post that the mods just let you get away with.
:pray:

Noel Gallagher speaks the truth: - http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/40735
Noel Gallagher has said he is "outraged" at the furore surrounding his friend Russell Brand's radio scandal.

Presenters Brand and Jonathan Ross are suspended from the BBC after making prank calls to actor Andrew Sachs, during which they made comments about Brand sleeping with his granddaughter.

Brand subsequently quit his post as a BBC Radio 2 presenter.

Gallagher told BBC Radio Ulster's Across The Line show that he believed that the media furore surrounding the incident was an overreaction, and described the incident as "at worst a juvenile prank".

"I spoke to Russell, he told me he was going to fall on his sword," Gallagher said. "Personally, I'm outraged that, yet again, the joyless feck* who write the columns in the Daily Mail, The Telegraph or The Observer have dictated the tone and are telling people how to behave.

"I've seen the Daily Mail, they said that Russell should be arrested and charged. Arrested for what? For taking the piss? It's so typical of the English in general. 10,000 people get outraged, but only days after it has happened."

Gallagher added: "At worst it was a juvenile prank that wasn't unfunny but it's hardly offensive. I feel bad for Russ, 'cause he really loved doing the show. I loved being on it as well."
Last edited by Daxter on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:41 pm

FD wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:I read the first couple of posts and decided not to waste my time on you n Brand
That is just so out of order, yet another post that the mods just let you get away with.
Are you pissed?

Are you seeing something that isn't there?

What in the name of fcukery is anybody letting me get away with?
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Good to see Gallagher's defence amounts to "because he's my mate, I like his show". Why didn't he pop in a "feck off" and "we're the best Beatles tribute act in the world, doncha know" just to stick to type.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 pm

"Arrested for what?"

How about making obscene 'phone calls. Last time I looked it was a criminal offence.

This is what gets to me. If I'd rung up an OAP and screamed down the 'phone that I'd fecked his granddaughter I'd expect the boys in blue to come knocking. I don't think if I said it was just a joke it would be a valid defence.

If you're rich, a politician or a celebrity it seems you are exempt from the law.

So you defenders od Woss and Brand, one rule for them and another for the rest of us?
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 pm

InsaneApache wrote:"Arrested for what?"

How about making obscene 'phone calls. Last time I looked it was a criminal offence.

This is what gets to me. If I'd rung up an OAP and screamed down the 'phone that I'd fecked his granddaughter I'd expect the boys in blue to come knocking. I don't think if I said it was just a joke it would be a valid defence.

If you're rich, a politician or a celebrity it seems you are exempt from the law.

So you defenders od Woss and Brand, one rule for them and another for the rest of us?
Have you listened to the calls, IA? Because let's not forget it was Ross who shouted that particular obscenity(and the only obscenity that was used on any of the calls) down the phone.

If we are classifying these as obscene for the language then I think most phone calls around the country would be construed as obscene. I could possibly see them being described as nuisance calls, but then again does the same apply for an answer message as it does to a phone call? I'm not sure myself.

They were in no way threatening, just juvenile, and I think any question of getting the police involved is completely absurd to be honest. Besides, wouldn't Andrew Sachs need to press charges, something he has already quickly dismissed doing?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 pm

So you do believe in one rule for the rich and famous and another for the rest of us. Thanks for clearing that up.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:08 pm

InsaneApache wrote:So you do believe in one rule for the rich and famous and another for the rest of us. Thanks for clearing that up.
So you believe in making things up that people haven't said. Thanks for letting that be known.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Daxter wrote:

Have you listened to the calls, IA? Because let's not forget it was Ross who shouted that particular obscenity(and the only obscenity that was used on any of the calls) down the phone.

If we are classifying these as obscene for the language then I think most phone calls around the country would be construed as obscene. I could possibly see them being described as nuisance calls, but then again does the same apply for an answer message as it does to a phone call? I'm not sure myself.

They were in no way threatening, just juvenile, and I think any question of getting the police involved is completely absurd to be honest. Besides, wouldn't Andrew Sachs need to press charges, something he has already quickly dismissed doing?
Making what up?

You defend Brand by saying it was Woss that shouted the obscenity and then go on to say that it doesn't matter anyway because in your opinion most people in the country make obscene 'phone calls.

Making nuisance calls in a criminal offence. Brand has form for this.

You obviously do believe in selective application of the law.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm saying if they could be described as anything by the over-reactive lunatics who have fuelled this story, that it would be nuisance, not obscene. Personally having listened to the calls, I don't believe they classify as that and seemingly neither does Andrew Sachs.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:22 pm

What actually frightens me is how f**king THICK some people are...

Victoria Wood says :
'I haven't heard it (the offending clip)but from what I've read I don't find it funny. It seems very juvenile.
You haven't heard it, you aren't a listener, you don't know the context...yet you have an opinion!

Loius Walsh says :
He had it coming. It was rude, crude and he'd been getting away with it for too long. I'm glad he was caught out in the end.'

He added: 'Jonathan will keep his job and the BBC needs him. He'll stay and carry on being pompous.'
1. Russell didn't say it, it was Jonathan...so again, doesn't know anything about it yet is allowing himself to be quoted anyway.
2. So it's now okay for him to just decide HE can be rude about Jonathan? He's fair game now?

Prunella Scales says :
They said: 'We think it is an unfunny, sickening attack by overpaid stars. How do they get away with it?'
I'm not entirely sure how much they are paid has ANYTHING to do with it? Also, they haven't got away with it.

It's unbelievable, this is STILL running. The Daily Mail now trying to get his ponderland show (tonight CH4) pulled as well because he "talks about a woman having sex with a dog" which basically means that those 17,000 people who complained because they listened to a show they never would have anyway, just to complain...will now be tuning in and will no doubt complain about Ponderland as well.
Lord Kangana wrote:Good to see Gallagher's defence amounts to "because he's my mate, I like his show". Why didn't he pop in a "feck off" and "we're the best Beatles tribute act in the world, doncha know" just to stick to type.
I've no idea where you got that from but it's simply not the case.
Noel G wrote:"I spoke to Russell, he told me he was going to fall on his sword," Gallagher said. "Personally, I'm outraged that, yet again, the joyless **** who write the columns in the Daily Mail, The Telegraph or The Observer have dictated the tone and are telling people how to behave.

"I've seen the Daily Mail, they said that Russell should be arrested and charged. Arrested for what? For taking the piss? It's so typical of the English in general. 10,000 people get outraged, but only days after it has happened."

Gallagher added: "At worst it was a juvenile prank that wasn't unfunny but it's hardly offensive. I feel bad for Russ, 'cause he really loved doing the show. I loved being on it as well."

"You know what? There's now a massive divide. Them and us. People like David Cameron - who should be more worried about the money that his party are fiddling out of politics - than getting involved in something that doesn't concern him - then there's us."
He mentions briefly that he feels bad for Russ (he's his mate) and that he loved doing the show. But hey, don't let that get in the way of having a go at Noel as well...
Last edited by FD on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Sachs has said he won't press charges. Doesn't matter who you are, if the man doesn't press charges then that is that as far as the law is concerned.

The main gripe of the 'defenders od Woss and Brand' is not that the fact that they took offence (indeed, one of the shining lights of this is how gracious Andrew Sachs has been about it) but that national newspapers have jumped on the bandwagon, caused a stir and made 1000's of people complain about something two days after broadcast, the majority of which would have done so going off comments in the paper.

To top it all off, this hurt little victim Georgina goes and exposes all the intimate details of her and Brand in todays paper. She must be so hurt, really she must. Enough to spill every detail to the paper for a wad of cash, and continue posing in pictures such as this:

http://salvationgroup.com/satanic/sluts/087a.jpg (Again, NSFW!)

Precious little thing, never done anything which could stir up controversy.

And in reference to the 'it was a joke' defence, both Brand and Ross have apologised by letter for what they did, privately and publically. And Brand's lost his job, he is in no way connected to your taxpayer dollars anymore. Owt else?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:26 pm

If every kid or adult who made a prank phone call for a joke got arrested the prisons would be even more overcrowded than they already are.

Any chance the adults in this thread can actually get a grip and a bit of fecking perspective here?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 pm

FD wrote:If every kid or adult who made a prank phone call for a joke got arrested the prisons would be even more overcrowded than they already are.

Any chance the adults in this thread can actually get a grip and a bit of fecking perspective here?
That phonejacker fella has his own show, dedicated to it ffs!

If the police want to arrest anyone, arrest them fxckers that ring you just as you've got into the bath. Only for you the dive downstairs and pick up the phone, then an eight second delay, before their stupid fxcking recorded message starts. :evil:

Rusty scissors, balls off, forcefed, the lot of em!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Gets my vote soldier, when do we start?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm

The controller of Radio 2 Lesley Douglas has resigned now, 23 years she's been in the industry and saved Radio 2 when it was on its arse.

Jonathan Ross has been suspended for 12 weeks without pay, meaning he'll be off the air for Christmas, New Year etc.

Absolutely f**king ridiculous.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:02 pm

You'd think the Daily Mail would be satisfied, but nope. They've extracted more qoutes from the show trying to stir up controversy, and have done an article complaining about the content of Russell's ponderland show, that's airing tonight. What a load of sensationalistic bollocks.

As for Ross, the baying mob still won't be happy with his punishment.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Stop blubbing
Sto ut Serviam

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

FD wrote:The controller of Radio 2 Lesley Douglas has resigned now, 23 years she's been in the industry and saved Radio 2 when it was on its arse.
The same woman who's filled R2 and 6Music full of celebrities who can't present or talk about music to save their lives. George Lamb anyone? Thought not.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:06 pm

ratbert wrote:
FD wrote:The controller of Radio 2 Lesley Douglas has resigned now, 23 years she's been in the industry and saved Radio 2 when it was on its arse.
The same woman who's filled R2 and 6Music full of celebrities who can't present or talk about music to save their lives. George Lamb anyone? Thought not.
I ain't to sure about this, but I imagine she boosted its ratings much?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Stop blubbing
Anything to contribute or did you just fancy a bit of trolling as usual?
ratbert wrote:The same woman who's filled R2 and 6Music full of celebrities who can't present or talk about music to save their lives. George Lamb anyone? Thought not.
Whether you or I agree with how it was done, she did pretty much save Radio 2.